[1.2.2](Dec10/16) Action Groups Extended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing. Now kOS/RemoteTech

Diazo

[quote name='Diazo']it will only be a day or two depending on how much time I get in tomorrow evening, until then I'll have to ask you to put up with the behaviour you are seeing.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with the other guys - take however much time it takes. Really appreciate the mod and your willingness to provide it for us.

Thanks!

Danny!

[b]Version 1.34b[/b]

-Fix Editor panels going weird.

-Fix bug when a Kerbal was on EVA.

[url=https://github.com/SirDiazo/AGExt/releases/tag/1.34b]Download here.[/url]

Alright, interaction with the Editor panels has been redone from scratch. Hopefully this squashes that bug for good.

Let me know it works for you please.

Note that this new method will interfere with other mods that hide the Editor UI panels. I'm not aware of any mods out there that do, but if you run into one let me know and I'll make them play nice together.

D.

You've mentioned you made this somewhat based on another mod, which I think was KSPIO

Is there a way to call one of your action groups from KSPIO? I currently have the "Additional Control Byes" working, and can call things in KSP.

I just don't yet know how to call your action groups from AGExt.

Thanks for such an amazing mod!!!

Yes, there is a whole external interface for other mods to call actions in this mod.

[url=http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/74199-Action-Groups-Extended-Development-Thread-and-External-Interface]There's an old guide to it here,[/url] but it is somewhat out of date. The code examples for reflection are still good, but make sure you are calling one of the current methods.

[url=https://github.com/SirDiazo/AGExt/blob/master/AGExt/External.cs]The current method names can be found here.[/url]

I tried to be consistent in naming them:
[list]
[*]2vsl: Takes a vessel reference so you can activate actions on nearby vessels (within physics range). Can also activate the currently focused vessel.
[*]DelayCheck: If RemoteTech is installed it respects that. So you need a connection and actions are delayed just like flight commands. If a method does not have this, it bypassed RemoteTech if installed and will always activate the action immediately.
[*]ToggleAction: Toggle an action group.
[*]ActivateAction: Activate or deactivate an action group regardless of its current state.
[*]State: Get the on/off state of an action group.[/list]

Hope that helps,

D.

Hi :D

Thank you for this great mod !

Would it be possible to add the function toggle to collect "All Data / Rerunnable" from the mod "Science-Containers-v-08-2" ([URL]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90678-0-90-Science-Containers-v-08-2[/URL]) to this?

Can you also add the possibility to use the laboratory modules "clean experiment" function via action group?

Thanks in advance if this is possible :) Edited by DaniDE

@DaniDE: This mod does not add actions, it can only show actions already added to the parts via the creator of said part.

Having said that, I do have another mod where I add additional actions to parts for overlooked stuff like this, it's called [url=http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/128948-1-0-4-%28Jul16-15%29-ModActions-Control-your-vessel-%28including-other-mods%29-via-ActionGroups]ModActions and it can be found here.[/url]

I think I may already have added the Clean Experiment action to it but I'll all the All Data/Rerunnble to the list to add.

The mods work perfectly well together, I just split them up to keep things organized on what does what and to keep all my stuff split up so players can only download what they want to use.

D.

[quote name='Diazo'][B]Version 1.34b[/B]

-Fix Editor panels going weird.

-Fix bug when a Kerbal was on EVA.

[URL="https://github.com/SirDiazo/AGExt/releases/tag/1.34b"]Download here.[/URL]

Alright, interaction with the Editor panels has been redone from scratch. Hopefully this squashes that bug for good.

Let me know it works for you please.

Note that this new method will interfere with other mods that hide the Editor UI panels. I'm not aware of any mods out there that do, but if you run into one let me know and I'll make them play nice together.

D.[/QUOTE]

I'm about 4 days late, but thanks for this Diazo! Sorry I dropped out - RL SUX sometimes... ;)

Danny

Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to have the action group names that we type in be there by default for every (new) craft? I have pretty much standardized my action groups for my all aircraft and would rather not spend more time than I have to just typing in the same names each time I come up with another design.

Hmmm.

There is a hack I can give you with MM that works.

First, create a vessel in the editor with the groups you want, then find that .craft file.

Open it and find one of the ModuleAGX partModules and copy the groupNames line.

Then go to the part.cfg moduleManager config in GameData\Diazo\AGExt\part.cfg and add that groupNames line in:

[code]
@PART[*]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAGX
{
groupNames = lineYouCopiedHere
}
}
}[/code]
(this hack is from memory, not 100% sure I've got the MM syntax right.)

Note there will be some funny dot/vertical line symbols, those should be there and make sure to copy them.

This actually sounds like something that should be implemented more gracefully into the GUI however, it would not be a simple addition though so I'm going to have to think on how to do it.

D.

First off: Thanks for even responding, let alone giving me code right off the top of your head. Implementing this in the UI would definitely be a useful feature for me. (Help feed my OCD haha)

Alright, so this is what's in my part.cfg right now:
[CODE]

@PART
[*]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAGX
{
groupNames = ‣001Release/Fire‣002Fire Flares‣003Fire Chaff‣004Cargo Access‣005Crew Access‣006Air Brakes‣007Reversers‣008Lighting‣009Engine Mode‣010Shut Down‣011Previous BD‣012Next BD‣013Arm/Disarm‣014Flaps Toggle
}
}
}

[/CODE]

However, it doesn't show up in the SPH, on new ships or old ones. Ideas? Maybe I have to clear my MMConfig Cache?

edit: Ugh, nevermind, this MM hack will not work.

Forgot a step in how the load routine works.

You can still copy the data across into the ModuleAGX on the root part to import it, but that would have to be done on a ship-by-ship basis. It will probably be something along the lines of importing the settings from another vessel rather then saving defaults to allow for multiple configurations.

I'll see if I can brainstorm something that makes sense,

[s]I probably got the MM syntanx wrong, does this work?

[code]@PART[*]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAGX
{
@groupNames = ‣001Release/Fire‣002Fire Flares‣003Fire Chaff‣004Cargo Access‣005Crew Access‣006Air Brakes‣007Reversers‣008Lighting‣009Engine Mode‣010Shut Down‣011Previous BD‣012Next BD‣013Arm/Disarm‣014Flaps Toggle
}
}
}[/code]

Adding the @ sign in front of groupNames is the change.

Note that this will only work on new vessels, in progress vessels have already saved data and will not import this.

D.[/s] Edited by Diazo

• 3 weeks later...

I'm seeing some issues with the Drill-O-Matic (running KSP 1.0.5 on Linux and AGX 1.34b from CKAN).

Relevant-seeming log messages:

actsToCompare.count != 1 0 Part: RadialDrill Module: ModuleResourceHarvester StopResourceConverterAction Stop Converter
actsToCompare.count != 1 0 Part: RadialDrill Module: ModuleResourceHarvester StartResourceConverterAction Start Converter
actsToCompare.count != 1 0 Part: RadialDrill Module: ModuleAsteroidDrill StopResourceConverterAction Stop Converter
actsToCompare.count != 1 0 Part: RadialDrill Module: ModuleAsteroidDrill StartResourceConverterAction Start Converter
actsToCompare.count != 1 0 Part: RadialDrill Module: ModuleAnimationGroup DeployModuleAction Deploy Drill
actsToCompare.count != 1 0 Part: RadialDrill Module: ModuleAnimationGroup ToggleModuleAction Toggle Drill
actsToCompare.count != 1 0 Part: RadialDrill Module: ModuleAnimationGroup RetractModuleAction Retract Drill

Symptoms:

The "Deploy Drill", "Retract Drill", and "Toggle Drill" actions don't persist: I can add them in flight and they'll work from then, but they don't stay around from the VAB to flight, or after a quickload.

Also, for a newly-placed drill in the VAB, the action list shows "Start Converter" twice and "Stop Converter" twice. If I click on those actions, they also disappear in flight. If I then revert to VAB and look at the list again, it has all four distinct names, "Start/Stop Surface Harvester" and "Start/Stop Asteroid Harvester" (note that they've also changed from "Converter" to "Harvester"). Those actions work properly (in fact, just reverting and launching will make them show up in flight).

Thanks for a great mod!

Alright I'll look into it.

The "actToCompare" error you are seeing is AGX saying it can't load the action correctly so those actions will never persist. (I should probably change that error message to reflect that.)

All this means is that the mod maker named the actions in an unusual way, it's a simple fix so I should have it out within the day.

D.

Okay, this is a bigger deal this time around.

The action being lost isn't on some random mod that is doing an action oddly (as has been with this error in the past) but on a stock action.

As this is a stock action it indicates how future stock actions are going to be implemented is different so I need to account for that.

I do know how to fix this but as it requires modifying my save/load routine I need to test it more before I can release it, looking at tomorrow hopefully if I don't find any further issues with it.

D.

Can you define "position" better?

Right now you have the same functionality any other command in the computer has in terms of queuing up actions in the future.

That works on a time basis however, not a vessel position basis.

Not sure exactly what you are doing, but if you are tying to set up some sort of conditional, have you checked out Smart Parts? That can do things such as triggering parachutes at a preset altitude without having to worry about signal delay.

The fix to save/load for the Drill is still coming. I've got it mostly working, just one persistent issue left to quash.

D.

Edited by Diazo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.