Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

I finally tuned up the Trident II D-5 SLBM. I went through 3 iterations to get to this missile.

24 of these missiles will be loaded onto my Ohio Class SSBN. Each missile carries 6 MIRV warheads, with an in development Chevalier decoy System.

gT1SPeL.png

I also laid the keel of the Ohio Class SSBN. The outer hull is currently under construction, with some difficulty due to the small SPH... I might have to get a hangar extension mod...

Edited by andrew123

I was thinking of CTF, but it's not well lent to turn-based things. king of the hill, or control points, though, would be interesting

Edited by Darthzeus
What edit? I don't know what you're talking about!

Wow, you sure know how to make this stuff dramatic

Also, what's the point of the capture point?

I sort of like having an extra goal to fighting other than just stomping out your opponent's poor 'ol Kerbal troops/pilots.

Plus, it looks good in the pics. :P

So a little status update: Daemon I'll have the battle up when I get some time. After mine and Daemons battle I'll probably go quiet for a bit except for Voyager Labs until December. I'm working on saving up for a dedicated Gaming PC. The current setup I'm going for is a GeForce GTX 770, Intel i7 Gen 4 quad core (3.6GHz), And about 16GB of RAM. Dual Monitor Setup and of course something I should have bought a while ago: A joystick. Specs sound good for gaming?

So a little status update: Daemon I'll have the battle up when I get some time. After mine and Daemons battle I'll probably go quiet for a bit except for Voyager Labs until December. I'm working on saving up for a dedicated Gaming PC. The current setup I'm going for is a GeForce GTX 770, Intel i7 Gen 4 quad core (3.6GHz), And about 16GB of RAM. Dual Monitor Setup and of course something I should have bought a while ago: A joystick. Specs sound good for gaming?

I've got an upgraded HP Pavilion desktop with an Intel i5 and 22GB of ram, with the 64 bit update I can run ships with up to 2500 parts without too many problems.

I'm putting myself on a budget and I'm not building my own as last time I did I fried the motherboard and wasted 300$. My Budget is 1,500$ and the GTX 770 is 340$ alone so a decent chunk. I'm working on getting this which is a decent price even customized. I'm getting it with the integrated graphics so I'll be saving on the PC itself. This'll be the best computer I've ever had as I've always had laptops :/

I used to be just like you, always had laptops and got this beast. Yet to regret it :) But i would get 12 GB of ram instead of 16 GB if it saves you some money, i dont think you are ever going to use more then 8. Unless you are hosting some kind of server, that is

Unless you're going for 1440p gaming, you'll be better off with a gtx 760. No, seriously.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperClocked-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-2765-KR/dp/B00DHW4HXY

Use that cash on a nice ssd, preferrebly at least this: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-Pro-Series-Internal-MZ-7KE128BW/dp/B00LF10L02

All of you with you're fancy intel processors... I'm running a crappy fx 6300... :) :)

And the saddest thing is that I do have an i7 Hexa core CPU laying around... with no compatible motherboard. Blame intel for making fragmented chipsets... (Or my unwillingness to buy another motherboard. I like my AMD memory controller.)

The rest of my desktop is actually good... including the two SSD's, Xonar DX sound card, TX3 cpu heatsink, HD tv tuner, 750 GB hdd, and a gtx 760. Not to mention my precious Asus pb278q. 1440p PLS FTW.

Also, 1600 mhz 8gb dual channel CL9 DDR3 RAM FTW.

Also, I PM'd you some other suggestions, including a new psu.

Edited by andrew123

Ha, wow. Leave it to the internet to always turn to computer specs and builds. Mine has 72 gigs of memory, and 8 gigs of RAM in hardware. The stupid bit is, my computer only accesses 3 gigs of that ram, and I have no idea how to fix it, thus my KSP freaking out in these high-part count battles.

On another note, I've been looking at the feasibility of a CTF-esque set up, with unique goals and etc.

SWxqPWN.jpg

levRrrh.png

qaGNZGk.png

Edited by Darthzeus
If anyone knows how to shrink these massive pictures, please tell, I hate to take up so much space in one post

Ha, wow. Leave it to the internet to always turn to computer specs and builds. Mine has 72 gigs of memory, and 8 gigs of RAM in hardware. The stupid bit is, my computer only accesses 3 gigs of that ram, and I have no idea how to fix it, thus my KSP freaking out in these high-part count battles.

On another note, I've been looking at the feasibility of a CTF-esque set up, with unique goals and etc.

http://i.imgur.com/SWxqPWN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/levRrrh.png

http://i.imgur.com/qaGNZGk.png

You're probably running a 32 bit OS and/or 32 bit KSP.

Space, shall i set up or shall you

I got it. How about this for rules?

Space around Ike, max 300 tons total, max 5 ships.

If that sounds like it will take too long, you can set up, suggest a new number and tonnage.

Reacher Industries ships in this battle:

One Kirgard Battleship

VWCfNKP.png

Two Shepler Destroyers

HhA9y9C.png

One Desny Corvette and one Spade fighter

x23AMi1.png

PERSIST