Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

Hey y'all

I have been playing KSP but mostly taking a break form battles.

Lately I have:

Made a new ISS replica (somewhat)

Made a small space shuttle

Captured my first asteroid.

I ll be back to battle but right now still don't have much of a desire to

In the mean time any body want to try out my shuttle? Its all stock

http://www./view/2c5ri67jd7i9wna/Shuttle_x2.craft

Possibly a corruption? Try to move the folder out, load the game, and move it back?

64 bit seems to be working now, even though it was screwed up before.

Edit: Well it was...

Edit 2: I've been trying to use KSP for hours to little success. Will try again later. Right now I'm frustrated with it.

Edited by daemonCaptrix

I've been trying to use KSP for hours to little success. Will try again later. Right now I'm frustrated with it.

It happens. I just take a break for a short bit (hours to a day or two) and then try again later.

Also... due to certain range issues with my fancy 'ol XD-X VTOL fighter, I've made a 2-seater companion that might be much better...

f8f0oBy.png

It's called the (creatively enough) XD-Y Spectre. Any guess which IRL aircraft it's based (loosely) off of? :P

EDIT:

I got the Spectre working as a fighter-bomber. :D

WeM0lyS.png

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

"I sit here and dream, to tender rhyme"

We can translate, don't worry. Also I wouldn't mind learning French, it's a beautiful language.

[battle break mode on]

Just passing bye because this answer bugged me since a few day.

In fact the right translation is:

"ici je m'asseois et rêve, à de si tendre rime"

"Here I sit and dream, to tender rhyme."

Why:

simply because there a "multilinguistic meaning & phonetics mirror": sit and dream = si tendre rime [phoenetics] = s'asseoir et rever [meaning].

(Also notice it's a 12 feet alexandrine, with 6 feet cut as anecdot)

In fact i was doing this kind of things 15 years ago, i now do some similar ones sometimes a few more elaborated and sometime less.

Just passing by,

[battle break mode off ] xD

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

@sdj64 I was thinking over the terms, and i propose a change of venue

Vall

120 tons max

4 ships max

no landing

no leaving SOI

i can set it up on friday

Alright, sounds good. Once I set the first one up I was already thinking it would take too long and this is better. I might have been carried away and wanted to test out all of my ships in one battle...

On another note, I also made a VTOL but I can't see what the big deal is since I can't pilot them well at all. Do all of you have joysticks for piloting?

So... considering some people are getting into air-to-air combat (looking at you, Zekes), or at least practicing it, I decided to see if it was possible.

*My Plane: MU XD-Y Spectre outfitted with 2 IBeam missiles and 2 guided missiles*

*Target Plane: VL Renegade, outfitted with 6 small rockets* (Sorry I had to shoot down your plane there, Fleet. It just was a good target drone for the test.)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

So I now can say I've shot down another ship in air-to-air fighting. :D

Alright, sounds good. Once I set the first one up I was already thinking it would take too long and this is better. I might have been carried away and wanted to test out all of my ships in one battle...

On another note, I also made a VTOL but I can't see what the big deal is since I can't pilot them well at all. Do all of you have joysticks for piloting?

Nah, I just fly 'em slowly and carefully. Using precise control (caps lock) helps, as does leaving SAS on 24/7 whilst in VTOL mode. You also might want to check how the fuel drains while flying/hovering, as that can heavily affect VTOL performance.

Looks vulnerable, the engines could easily be blown off which would unbalance the craft.

Trust me, it's tougher than it looks. I crashed it at over 30m/s, destroying a chunk of the nose and the payload bay, and it still flew.

The engines are mounted on steel beams, not the actual wings.

I like it. Personally I don't know how they're better than VTOL fighters.

It's sorta like how IRL helicopters (and the poorly-flown V22 Osprey) can do certain things that VTOL fighters (which there aren't too many of IRL) aren't built OR meant to do.

The MT-18 fills the role of a heavily-armed short-to-mid range gunship/troop-and-cargo carrier, and a persistent air support platform.