[1.2.1] Taurus HCV - 3.75 m CSM System [v1.5.3 - July 1, 2014]

bsquiklehausen

I like the landing legs, but as mentioned, I don't see the point of 270 degree rotation before deployment. 90 degrees would be enough based on how it's stowed.

well the engineers said it was necessary, are you gonna argue with R&S Capsuldyne Landing Division engineers?

I think ya'll are missing the point of having the legs spin entirely

This is fantastic great work I'm liking the look of the upcoming landing legs :) Any chance of a smaller one for 3 Kerbals? I hate the view in the capsules that come with KSP.

Edited by LMA

I'm not sure anyone mentioned it, since I'm not going to waste time reading the above post, but what does the above post say?

(I seem to recall someone did; but to be sure, use "Search this thread" at the top if you want to search threads)

Sorry for the long break between dev updates! We've both been in end-of-the-semester crunch time, coupled with moving PCs and equipment. We should be back making progress soon - so keep checking the thread.

Additionally - we want to expand the screenshot gallery in the main post - so if you have any cool pictures of the HCV in action, let us see so we can toss them into the gallery!

I don't know if anyone mentioned this (because I'm not going to waste time reading through 20+ pages) but the pod wants to dive nose first on reentry when using FAR.

It does not.

Unless a shielded docking port and three undeployed radial chutes (like during my test flight yesterday) are enough to keep it oriented correctly.

how is the heatshield coming along?

If I am not mistaken, DRE comes with a large enough heatshield - may not fit to prettily, but it gets the job done and DRE also comes with a set of decouplers that can hide the heatshields at least during flight.

If I am not mistaken, DRE comes with a large enough heatshield - may not fit to prettily, but it gets the job done and DRE also comes with a set of decouplers that can hide the heatshields at least during flight.

Alternatively, Blackheart has made a heatshield and a decoupler, specially designed to fit this pod.

DEV UPDATE #3

So the Taurus capsule may be "done", but that doesn't mean all of R&S Capsuldyne can sit back and pretend to work. The R&S Capsuldyne Landing Division has gone a week now locked into the workshop, and this is what they have to show for it:

http://giant.gfycat.com/OblongContentEasternnewt.gif

The twisting, they tell us, is entirely necessary.

Stay tuned!

Want.

And of course you need a 270 degree rotation. I mean, unless you install them upside-down or something. But that would be just plain silly.

And for the record, I've been deleting mods and parts left and right trying to cut down on the number of items in game. And yet, I keep this capsule because it is beautiful, and wonderful, and great, and useable, and now you want to make it even better.

Two things. First, this pod is amazing. As soon as I discovered this, I completely changed a bunch of my plans for interplanetary missions in order to include this pod. Second, is there a way to customize TAC life support on this pod? Due to the interplanetary nature of my plans for this pod, I want to give it 60 days of life support by default.

Thank you very much for this pod. That IVA is the most amazing thing I've seen. It's what sealed the deal on me downloading this.

Two things. First, this pod is amazing. As soon as I discovered this, I completely changed a bunch of my plans for interplanetary missions in order to include this pod. Second, is there a way to customize TAC life support on this pod? Due to the interplanetary nature of my plans for this pod, I want to give it 60 days of life support by default.

Thank you very much for this pod. That IVA is the most amazing thing I've seen. It's what sealed the deal on me downloading this.

I recommend copying the relevant parts of the TAC config for the mk1-2 pod into the Taurus' part.cfg and making adjustments for the number of kerbals. I will try to implement support for more mods in the future, but right now I'm recovering from finals, moving across the country, and getting my wisdom teeth out

• 3 weeks later...

Simple:

Go into the part.cfg, scroll down a bit until you feel comfy and plant these lines firmly:

RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 60
maxAmount = 60
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 60
maxAmount = 60
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 60
maxAmount = 60
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 60
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 60
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 60
}

Also, simply awesome pod! :D

I've been searching for a good 3.75 m pod and this is just superb. Great work!

Edited by Floppster

• 2 weeks later...

What module handles the mini-SRBs on the capsule? I'm having a problem with them activating immediately on vessel load on the launch pad and I'm trying to track down the cause.

What module handles the mini-SRBs on the capsule? I'm having a problem with them activating immediately on vessel load on the launch pad and I'm trying to track down the cause.

It's a known bug with Extraplanetary launchpads - there is an alternate config that disables the boosters. We're looking for a fix.

DRE USERS REJOICE!

R&S Capsuldyne has finally recovered from the post-launch party and scraped together a heatshield and some more small updates!

LwZCGBL.png

Changelog:

v 1.1 (6/9/14)
-Added heatshield, fully DRE and FAR compatible, with fairing
-LES thrust is now centered, will no longer create sideways torque
-Removed useless/ugly structural members from interior
-Added specular effects to windows in exterior view
-Slightly modified interior textures
-Slightly modified exterior textures
-Laid foundation for light-up windows (coming soon)
-Updated to latest version of the AnimationModules plugin

We also redid the main forum page for easier (and prettier) navigation. Enjoy!

NOTE: Curseforge version may still be under review - we recommend the Mega version if you're an early updater!

Edited by bsquiklehausen
Curseforge note

Can't you upload to Mediafire? I hate Mega even more than Curse, it doesn't even work right half the time (at least, for me).