• bahamutoD
    • Orionkermin
    • mordin86
    • Orionkermin
    • Snjo
    • Tiberion
    • Capt.Kipard
    • StarVision

frizzank, maybe you could announce a new challenge for this week, then the winner of last week's challenge can set the challenge starting next friday. That way, there'll be more time to vote and we can have a full week before the next part is due.

Edited by BahamutoD

Cant change polls after they are started, Yea!@

Erm, could you at least add my part to the OP and a note to write-in any votes?

Just feeling kind of left out here :blush:

EDIT: Also, it might be a good idea to get people from outside this thread/Development forum interested in voting...

Edited by curiousepic

well me searching through the thread was a horrible Idea for me picking out applicants and submissions seeing as some were updates and some were actual submissions. I should have had them pm me. Noted for next time.

I'm going to start a new thread with a new vote and have it last till Wednesday and have who ever wins start a new thread for what they want. That way its a whole week to vote.

Did i miss anyone else?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77082-Open-Part-Mod-voting-poll?p=1102215#post1102215

Edited by frizzank

well me searching through the thread was a horrible Idea for me picking out applicants and submissions seeing as some were updates and some were actual submissions. I should have had them pm me. Noted for next time.

Yeah, it might be a good idea to use a Google Doc or Form to have people submit their part and an image, and then use that as the basis for the poll.

After this weeks, you should probably make this the content/event "home" thread. Each week would be a new thread, which you could link here so it'll always index the past weeks.

Are you going to have each winner start the next week's thread? Might be good to have that standardized google form for taking submissions (and another one for voting, the polls on the forum are pretty limited) since everyone might not have a handle on the forum posting/polling.

After this weeks, you should probably make this the content/event "home" thread. Each week would be a new thread, which you could link here so it'll always index the past weeks.

Are you going to have each winner start the next week's thread? Might be good to have that standardized google form for taking submissions (and another one for voting, the polls on the forum are pretty limited) since everyone might not have a handle on the forum posting/polling.

Agreed, I will leave it up to who ever wins to choose an alternate poling / submission.

One thought regarding the poll and the part:

looking at poll result shows people tend to vote mostly IMHO on part appeal more than usefulness/polishing/overall quality, as snjo deserve without any doubt the innovation prize with a part which can be very nice on a steampunk style mod (with a bit more work on texture), and curiousepic the "kerbal fun" prize as we can easily imagine kerbals dare to use balloons, duck tape and pipes to use as small tanks (filled with hydrogen and oxygen gaz).

It's like stock LV-1/LV-1R, if you get these in a contest, what will you think of them ? Does anyone already use them ? Except on low gravity bodies and space-stations (both are not really promoted in stock KSP).

The potential usage of parts could really be added to the heart of the contest.

One thought regarding the poll and the part:

looking at poll result shows people tend to vote mostly IMHO on part appeal more than usefulness/polishing/overall quality, as snjo deserve without any doubt the innovation prize with a part which can be very nice on a steampunk style mod (with a bit more work on texture), and curiousepic the "kerbal fun" prize as we can easily imagine kerbals dare to use balloons, duck tape and pipes to use as small tanks (filled with hydrogen and oxygen gaz).

It's like stock LV-1/LV-1R, if you get these in a contest, what will you think of them ? Does anyone already use them ? Except on low gravity bodies and space-stations (both are not really promoted in stock KSP).

The potential usage of parts could really be added to the heart of the contest.

It was the first one, some bugs need to be ironed out but the important thing is that everyone got a chance to learn something from it.

It was meant to be an art exercise not a usability one. Also I was also hoping that the popular vote would showcase that more does not always mean better as far as public opinion goes.

It was the first one, some bugs need to be ironed out but the important thing is that everyone got a chance to learn something from it.

It was meant to be an art exercise not a usability one. Also I was also hoping that the popular vote would showcase that more does not always mean better as far as public opinion goes.

For what it's worth, I greatly enjoyed checking up on the thread and can't wait for more. I'm too swamped by IRL concerns to even start up KSP let alone make a part for it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.