[1.0.4] ScienceAlert 1.8.9: Experiment availability feedback (July 13)

xEvilReeperx

21 hours ago, Speadge said:

hi @Black-Talon,

thanks for coming back about this:

usually when u transmit something, it says in white fonts that it is starting transmission and counting up the percentage.
after 100% u then get a notification in green color telling you how much since has been added, followed by another white "Done!" notification.

Starting a new flight i never encounter any errors. But later in the game, after a few scene changes, trying to transmit since results in the following:
white colored text telling you that its starting transmission...
getting up to 100%, directly followed by a "Done!", no actual green notification text that the since really has been added. Same as if i wouldnt have the patch installed in the first place.

Im not sure IF it can be part-related since someone previously said that removing a parts-pack fixed it for him. But trying this out is almost impossible as the error doesnt persist and i still cant find what causes it to break after it worked on the launch.

If you have remotetech installed, try disabling it (after making a backup of your save) and see if that fixes it. It seems RemoteTech has had a lot of wierd transmit bugs recently, and there is a temp fix(hack) on the official thread. I had similar issues and just flat out removed RemoteTech for the time being until it's fixed - resolved my issues. Hope this helps. 

In order to make it work for 1.0.5 :

On 14/11/2015 at 11:46 AM, thgjerde said:

First install version 1.8.9 of https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/424/ScienceAlert

Then replace the ScienceAlert.dll in your "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ScienceAlert" folder, overwriting the existing file with the file from http://gamefaction.no/ScienceAlert-1.8.9-patch1.zip

The patch fixes the broken transitter bug. See the included source patch for details.

don't forget to put the .cs file in the ScienceAlert folder too

Edited by kaptain_kavern
elaborating a bit more

On 2/3/2016 at 7:17 AM, kaptain_kavern said:

In order to make it work for 1.0.5 :

don't forget to put the .cs file in the ScienceAlert folder too

I have done all that but still no dice :(

Heres The crash report: http://pastebin.com/8yLXp5gp

Well I figured out what was wrong!

Edited by SgtSnipey
Fixed the problem

I already have the mod, but it needs to be ported to SpaceDock since KerbalStuff shut down. Without doing so, I don't think there's another download method, though I may be wrong.

Edit: 

Never mind, I'm blind. There's a bitbucket link, but it would still be nice to have on SpaceDock so people can utilize the follow functionality.

Edited by FiiZzioN

Transmitting data issue - bug

Transmitting data from the space is now impossible with this mod and KSP 1.0.5

Just now, fr33soul said:

Transmitting data issue - bug

Transmitting data from the space is now impossible with this mod ver 1.8.9 and KSP 1.0.5

found another issue, with RSS rp-0 game play it breaks some biome masks, namely on the film return experiment 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Groovemeister said:

Fingers crossed for a 1.1 version! :)

5 hours ago, eberkain said:

I agree, will be hard to play without this one keeping me in line.

I feel a little uncomfortable to use a mod in 1.1 last time updated in 1.0.4 and already partly broken in 1.0.5... So I also second an 1.1 update.

But if push comes to shove  ... has anyone considered to take this mod over?

I mean no update since July 13 last year despite not completely correctly working in 1.0.5 and only few posts here.

I am not meaning that I wan't to do it ... not that I actually don't want to, I don't have the ability to (can read C enough to get a general grasp what is going on, but can't code it)

Scratch that, while looking through bitbucket I found some groundwork for a 2.0 version and Master was last updated in January. Update speed might be not too fast. (Seems RL have hit OP) But there is still progress... though would be nice if someone who can code C (and has spare time) would branch it and help OP out to sort out some bugs and such.

On 3/31/2016 at 8:36 AM, eberkain said:

I agree, will be hard to play without this one keeping me in line.

Yes, I agree too.  Must have my science alert.  Very useful mod.

Not sure why this isn't something inherently built into the game at least as an option for easy mode.  This is a great mod and really a must have.  

Everyone remember these guys do this because they love the game and want to make it better.   Now I'm not trying to make this guy rich or anything but if you truly like the mod donate some money to the effort.  It takes real skillz to do this stuff and their time so send a few bucks their way to show your appreciation.

xEvilReeperx,

What are your plans for a 1.1 version and for getting it back on CKAN? 

1 hour ago, Shaman said:

Not sure why this isn't something inherently built into the game at least as an option for easy mode.  This is a great mod and really a must have.  

Everyone remember these guys do this because they love the game and want to make it better.   Now I'm not trying to make this guy rich or anything but if you truly like the mod donate some money to the effort.  It takes real skillz to do this stuff and their time so send a few bucks their way to show your appreciation.

xEvilReeperx,

What are your plans for a 1.1 version and for getting it back on CKAN? 

Yeah, this is a shockingly useful mod, on the order of Editor  Extensions. 

On 3/31/2016 at 0:21 PM, Bizz Keryear said:

Scratch that, while looking through bitbucket I found some groundwork for a 2.0 version and Master was last updated in January. Update speed might be not too fast. (Seems RL have hit OP) But there is still progress... though would be nice if someone who can code C (and has spare time) would branch it and help OP out to sort out some bugs and such.

Yes unfortunately, got quite busy (and frankly a little burned out; I probably have at least 10 hours modding for every actual hour of playtime ;)) but I'm working on it now so hopefully a day or two at most