[1.1.2]Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul (6/6/16 More parts and improvements)

blackheart612

Sorry to ask a noob question, but how do you use the fairings with this pack? I have the base but nothing to put on it? do i need to download a separate mod or have these parts not been released yet?

Great mod absolutely love it! :D

The base is designed for use with the Procedural Fairings add-on.

Hearing good things about what I am doing is a massive boost of my morale :D

Then I too should strengthen it by saying that I also really like your work! It's good news that you have started working on a new engine as well (the KE-4). The more stock-like parts the better. Especially engines.

• 2 weeks later...

So I found what it is to be the equivalent of the RT-10 SRB rather than just the cut off Shuttle SRB. A compacted version of H-IIB's SRB-A. I tested a Strap-on Guard as well, it looks neat. The strap-on guard is removable and the mission flag as well. Nosecones sold separately.

OoH1FKK.pngjGAlLvl.png

Here's the upcoming new launcher, still using the old resized Upper stage from Kerbal X, I will find an engine for it soon.

fI0UW8O.png

Click on the image if you want to have a closer look.

Edited by blackheart612

So I found what it is to be the equivalent of the RT-10 SRB rather than just the cut off Shuttle SRB. A compacted version of H-IIB's SRB-A. I tested a Strap-on Guard as well, it looks neat. The strap-on guard is removable and the mission flag as well. Nosecones sold separately.

http://i.imgur.com/OoH1FKK.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/jGAlLvl.png

Looks good. I've been looking for a stockalike RT-10 replacement for quite some time, and this definitely fits the bill!

I have to ask if they are RO compatible.

Thanks,

Astrofox

Unfortunately, I don't make parts for RO, but with, permissions, somebody can get the parts for RO with the right size.

Looks good. I've been looking for a stockalike RT-10 replacement for quite some time, and this definitely fits the bill!

I'm glad you like it :D

Meanwhile I added FX for the new part, Z-map satellite launch kit now launches with style. I also added Texture switch, with yellow stripe and without, with rugged variants.

l0X8SrD.png

While you're at the exhaust effects, could you take a look at the old ones? They're very slow, considering that they should be moving at several kilometers per second. Take a look at the exhaust from the stock SRBs, it's much faster. As much as I like your effects, they're simply too slow and actually break suspension of disbelief for me.

Everytime i come back to this thread i wet my pants. *insert grabby hands*

I hope it continues doing so... if that's a good thing that is. :D

While you're at the exhaust effects, could you take a look at the old ones? They're very slow, considering that they should be moving at several kilometers per second. Take a look at the exhaust from the stock SRBs, it's much faster. As much as I like your effects, they're simply too slow and actually break suspension of disbelief for me.

I believe I have started removing my smoke effects or is it on Aerojet Kerbodyne? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe I have started removing my smoke effects or is it on Aerojet Kerbodyne? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's not the smoke effects that are too slow, it's the flame effects. Is there any way to speed them up in the cfg file, or does it have to be done in the animation?

It's not the smoke effects that are too slow, it's the flame effects. Is there any way to speed them up in the cfg file, or does it have to be done in the animation?

I believe that the animation speed is only changeable before import but that's a thing that I'm not 100% sure about as I'm not that good with configs. I'll patch that up for you once I get to it.

Meanwhile, I just added an engine that isn't designed to be a replacement for any of the Squad Parts but I really like it. I don't know what stats to give it yet but I plan this to be a first stage engine with no fairings and no bottom nodes.

NOdZlsX.jpgl97PBB0.jpg

Better Pic:

7TahxVM.jpg

Yes it is indeed based on RD-180, that is why I am obliged to name it KE-180. Reason was I am overusing LV-T(number here) too much now, time to use KE. That's gonna be some work to unwrap and texture. For the meantime, I'll try finding a thing to replace LV-909 in service.

You should make a guide what parts this mod replaces so I can remove them to save memory.

My parts are stand alone, not a replacement. You can delete the parts you don't like and their folders are named as they would be in game. Mostly.

The engine (without the fairings) looks like an LR-87. We can use it to do a Titan replica!

I didn't notice, I didn't like LR-87 that much. Of course when I start to have some time to develop again, I will have to finish this model, then in a release in the future, you can do whatever you want :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.