[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Hi guys

I believe I have some problems with clouds after installation.

http://i.imgur.com/98Z9Gf6.jpg

Can you help me?

UPD: Yarr, fixed that. Leave only one .cfg in GameData/BoulderCo/Clouds

looks like a charm on 1.02 with opengl and ATM.

What mods do you have installed? I'm not sure I can specifically help you, but whoever does would probably like to know.

It's a Photoshop process, I've tried to simulate an engraving technique. That was my first try. Now I have better a better finish.

So, basically, I drew the "base" illustration and applied several patterned layers to the drawing, to decompose the image with the patterns in several levels of darkness. At the end I regroup all levels in a new image.

Is not too bad... But I'm still trying to get a finish much more "natural".

[...]

Thanks, Proot! It's a PS process as I suspected. I'm trying to achieve these kind of results using Gimp (actually, I was trying to get something like WSJ hedcuts but an engraving like yours would be great!) can you put me in the direction of a good tutorial?

Just want to pop in and express my appreciation for all the helpful posts about how to get this running in 1.02. I've got my Beautiful Space Program back, and I couldn't be happier. Can't wait for the official version; the preview shots look astounding. Thanks for your great mod, Proot!

If you want Proot's sunflare as well, here's how to get it. It only takes a couple of minutes. Unity Assets Explorer works just fine in Linux through Wine, so these instructions work for Linux too:

1. Make a backup copy of KSP_Data\sharedassets9.assets

2. Download Unity Assets Explorer and extract it to a folder

3. Extract the sharedassets9.assets file from the KSPRC download to a folder somewhere

4. Run Unity Assets Explorer. Click on "Open Assets-file" and navigate to the sharedassets9.assets file from KSPRC

5. Select "sun_flare.tex". Right click and choose "Extract This File"

6. Click on "Open Assets-file" again and navigate to KSP's assets file: KSP_Data\sharedassets9.assets

7. Select "sun_flare.tex". Right click and choose "Import This File from DDS"

8. Click "Save as Assets-file". Name it "sharedassets9.assets" and overwrite the original file when prompted (you did make a backup, right?)

9. Enjoy Proot's sunflare.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

What mods do you have installed? I'm not sure I can specifically help you, but whoever does would probably like to know.

As I already said I fixed it by deleting all the unnecessary configs from GameData/BoulderCo/Clouds.

You have to leave only one of them or you will get multiple clouds.

I have TextureReplacer, PlanetShine and so on (everything which was required for KSPRC, latests versions).

I didn't replace the stock assets file (it would break stuff until updated) and RSS configs and etc of mods which I don't have.

I also added -force-opengl flag to my game executable and my game with >40 mods eats less 2gb of ram (or a bit more).

I myself seem to have some success with this. I have several other mods, but seem to be pretty stable. The heat warning bar being the only real danger for crashing.

I do have a very slow memory leak. I can play for about 1-2 hours. My game will start at about 2.6GB and slowly increase over time. I have infernal robotics, chatter, KSPRC and the updated parts of KSPRC. As well I have the life support mod and the realSolarsystem mod. Not sure what is causing the leak, as I'm not too oriented with the debug system in KSP, but I am having a blast.

Once KSPRC is updated, I will likely rebuild my mods, and hopefully by then squad will fix the heat warning memory leak. Until then F10 and restart every few hours!

If you update the plugins the actual KSPRC version is pretty estable. Memory leaks are sadly stock. 1.03 is coming soon, hopefully this will be fixed.

I'm pretty focused right now into implement scatterer and the new wip-EVE changes (gas giants are configurable again). Doing tests with EngineLight mod too.

I've improved much more the clouds textures!. Now all fits much better and there is 0 seams.

There's another memory leak in the stock game. Every time you switch between the VAB and flight scenes, memory usage jumps up. That may be the cause of your problems.

Crap really ?

It is still there after soooo many threads with this issue...

Crap SQUAD really screwed it a lot. They were telling us that they fixed it.

I have this same issue in 0.90 as I am not playing 1.0.2 bcs I am waiting for KSPRC for version 1.0.2

Good to know guys. That is exactly my problem.

Proot, I love you! Keep up the good work. If you use a github, may poke around your structure and see if I can apply my programming experience to help out in the future.

I am trying to get a working ksprc installation. i did what people told but i am geting same problem i got since the first time

I got a new kerbal installation, put ksprc in it without kerbaldata, kittopia, ddsloader and realsolar. I updated the rest with latest versions.

Game starts good, i start a new game, when i click any building, game just stops. Nothing works, i can not enter anybuilding, can not even quit properly.

I am trying to get a working ksprc installation. i did what people told but i am geting same problem i got since the first time

I got a new kerbal installation, put ksprc in it without kerbaldata, kittopia, ddsloader and realsolar. I updated the rest with latest versions.

Game starts good, i start a new game, when i click any building, game just stops. Nothing works, i can not enter anybuilding, can not even quit properly.

Are you able to play without any mods?

Are you running in openGL mode?

Are you using ActiveTextureManagement?

If you update the plugins the actual KSPRC version is pretty estable. Memory leaks are sadly stock. 1.03 is coming soon, hopefully this will be fixed.

I'm pretty focused right now into implement scatterer and the new wip-EVE changes (gas giants are configurable again). Doing tests with EngineLight mod too.

I've improved much more the clouds textures!. Now all fits much better and there is 0 seams.

ring the jool particle on the sun

hmmmmm, it's nice..... but i i dunno.... might be to much with all the reflective windows as well for my taste. I like my rockets to look.... i dunno.... nice though. Maybe some should be shiny and some shouldn't be? I prefer the matt black sort of bell housing for rockets. Looks more rockety.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that could save proot a lot of time if he just incorporated that into his mod.

I have the reflections done since some time ago... And I've linked a preview just 4 messages before.

I don't gonna save time with this: just me have the updated textures of KSPRC to modify it.

May I be honest without being misunderstood?

I'm starting to feel pressure to release this, but I want to be clear: I'm carrying KSPRC to EVE's new version, almost from scratch, because has a completely new way for the settings. That, now, include terrains... which is much more work, but much more possibilities too.

I'm using Kopernicus now, not RSS. I'm trying to support as much as I can the new EVE and Scatterer mods, and I want to include both in the new version of KSPRC, as soon as they become enough mature.

I've done reflections for several parts, which will be optionals. That include some engines. I'm doing new textures, new (graphic and sound) effects, new features, new illustrations and so on... I'm improving all the mod, a lot.

And I'm just one. But I love the fact of being just one. I do this for my fun and my love to the game. And I just share the result because I think the people could enjoy it.

But I do it when (and because) I think is enough good (and I have a pretty high standard for it).

So, I'll not do more hype until I finish (that includes EVE and Scatterer being ready). Because I want to enjoy the ride (please, let me do it).

Please, be patient. The more I enjoy the process, the more you'll enjoy the mod. It's a promise.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.