[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Before installing this pack I get around 100 fps when orbiting Kerbin, afterwards I get around 50, is that normal? I've tried not using ATM and the x64 bit version but it doesn't seem to matter, space however gives me full fps so I guess it's something to do with clouds?

Before installing this pack I get around 100 fps when orbiting Kerbin, afterwards I get around 50, is that normal? I've tried not using ATM and the x64 bit version but it doesn't seem to matter, space however gives me full fps so I guess it's something to do with clouds?

I am having the exact same problem. Everything in the game working at full FPS no problem and then as soon as I go to launch I am getting 10 FPS.

Woot!! I am in no way a programmer but I just wanted to inform you that you should take a look at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905-0-23-5-7-3-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-NEW%21-VolumetricClouds%21

The new dev version Overhaul 9-2 makes some major changes that cause major FPS problems with the current state of this plugin. Just FYI and glad you are back!

KSPRC is replacing the stock textures with a lot of very high-resolution ones, not to mention the other mods that add clouds and lens flares and all sorts of other special effects. It makes perfect sense that these mods would cause a decrease in FPS.

Edited by sievers808
Forgot to quote

PowerShot: I am new to this game, so maybe a stupid question. What if you want "real solar system" to change the size of all planets scales and positions etc to make it more like the real solar system?
Then you need the full RSS from the RSS thread (in my sig) although it's not quite ready for 0.24 yet.

Thanks for the response :) Do I then install "Real Solar System" before or after I install "Renaissance Compilation"? I love the idea of a real solar system in game :)

Thanks for the response :) Do I then install "Real Solar System" before or after I install "Renaissance Compilation"? I love the idea of a real solar system in game :)

Sadly a lot of the stuff KSPRC does won't work with RSS. However, you could manually bring over the stuff that does, like changed part textures, new skybox, etc. EVE for .24 is still a WIP and not officially released, anyway.

KSPRC is replacing the stock textures with a lot of very high-resolution ones, not to mention the other mods that add clouds and lens flares and all sorts of other special effects. It makes perfect sense that these mods would cause a decrease in FPS.

I see, I have EVE 7.3 and Texture Replacer currently installed and get 100fps with them, I only really copy the Navball and Texture Replacer/EVE replacements over so I guess these textures alone drop my fps by 50? Sounds crazy to me with 3GB VRam but might be true....

After updating KSP (even a fresh reinstall, entire KSP folder deleted first) to 0.24.2 this mod along with it's most recently updated dependencies simply refuses to load.

Crash on loading the plugins.

Yesterday it worked fine with 0.24.1

Same install procedure, nothing messed up on my end.

Anyone else noticed 0.24.2 breaking a whole heap of mods?

After updating KSP (even a fresh reinstall, entire KSP folder deleted first) to 0.24.2 this mod along with it's most recently updated dependencies simply refuses to load.

I've been getting the same thing except it's when I try to load a save or start a new game. It was fine until I installed this and it's dependencies, I will hit the logs to try to find a conflict.

Hi all!

Excuse my absence, RL issues.

I'm working in 0.24 updates, coming soonTM.

Any chance we can get KSPRC updated to EVE Overhaul in the process?

The shadders of Overhaul are wonderful compared to the normal EVE ones.

It's definitely this mod or one of it's very out of date dependencies that is causing these crashes.

This is one of the joys of a game like KSP, the mods are huge and numerous, but a daisy chain of them is only as strong as it's crashiest link.

Edit: I found a little .tga who's deletion got me all stable. Of course now I'm getting one frame every two or three seconds.

Edited by Ballistic Idiot

Any chance we can get KSPRC updated to EVE Overhaul in the process?

The shadders of Overhaul are wonderful compared to the normal EVE ones.

I'm testing the overhaul 9.2 with that in mind. ;)

Any reason as to why Proots redone Squad textures look low res? I noticed it on the 1man and 3 man pods.. they have the new texture, but it looks low quality from what I last remembered. Texture settings are maxed and I am NOT running ATM.

Oh and.. im not using this full pack. Just the redone squad texture at the moment until it gets updated. Question though if I drop in the RealSolarSystem folder will that get rid of the horizon glow?

Edit: Nevermind on that second inquiry. Other then the update notice it works great. Just need to know the deal with the textures now..

Edited by Motokid600

Any reason as to why Proots redone Squad textures look low res? I noticed it on the 1man and 3 man pods.. they have the new texture, but it looks low quality from what I last remembered. Texture settings are maxed and I am NOT running ATM.

Oh and.. im not using this full pack. Just the redone squad texture at the moment until it gets updated. Question though if I drop in the RealSolarSystem folder will that get rid of the horizon glow?

Edit: Nevermind on that second inquiry. Other then the update notice it works great. Just need to know the deal with the textures now..

oh i have had that same problem but it was fixed after redownloading it a few times( i did that because sometimes bugs would persist across downloads for some reason)

The installation of everything went fine except for one issue. When I place engines on my ships, no matter what stage they're in and whether something is attached below them or not there's always a shroud. The shroud does not disappear upon staging either. What's up with that? I walked through all of the dependency mods and it's not from one of those, so something in KSRPC seems to be the issue. Any help? This pack is too pretty for me to give up on it.

Update: I've narrowed it down to either Hot or Cool Rockets.

Edited by SheppySage

The installation of everything went fine except for one issue. When I place engines on my ships, no matter what stage they're in and whether something is attached below them or not there's always a shroud. The shroud does not disappear upon staging either. What's up with that? I walked through all of the dependency mods and it's not from one of those, so something in KSRPC seems to be the issue. Any help? This pack is too pretty for me to give up on it.

Same problem, I hope there's a solution.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.