[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Un trabajo increíble por su parte, hay belleza allá por donde mire. El color de los océanos me gusta particularmente y la textura a nivel de superficie de Duna es crema. Por contra noto una bajada intensa de fps en el KSC y durante la fase de ascenso a través de las nubes, más incluso que con SVE y mucho más que con EVE. 

On 5/13/2016 at 5:52 PM, Sandworm said:

I just gave it a try and it looks great, but I've taken a serious FPS hit (~60 down to ~30fps).  I ditched scatterer (its never been good to me) but the EVE configs were the killer.  Reverting back to AnyCPUs eve configs and I'm back at 60.  I'm now in the process of finding some middle ground between BoulderCo and KSPRC.

Update:I had to ditch EVE altogether.  It just wasn't worth the fps drop.  The visuals are nice from orbit, but disappearing into a fog for half the launch didn't look good.  Kerbin, the skybox and everything else still look great, but the could were too much for my machine.

That's interesting. I was finding performance was worst than in past versions (no ugly ground shadows though).

Removing EVE didn't help though--my problem was that I was getting weird slow downs, so my framerate would be high for a few seconds, then briefly drop, then return to normal. EVE wasn't causing it, though it is something in KSPRC. Didn't get much improvement removing EVE myself--maybe it's Max Physics Rendering (I've got mine set to 0.04, the default)? I've got a fairly beefy CPU (i5-4670K) but I can never remember what you're supposed to set it to. 

Looks gorgeous though. 

Edited by Synthesis

I've been playing around with KSPRC and Ven's Stock Part Revamp.  I've managed to get the clouds down to a level that doesn't tank my fps on every launch.  I go through a period of 25-30 when in the clouds, but it smooths out after that.  So here are some early-game pics.  The craft are a combination of Ven and HGR textures, but everything else is KSPRC.  Mun seems to have cities but that is likely an error on my end.

Edited by Sandworm

6 minutes ago, Sandworm said:

I've been playing around with KSPRC and Ven's Stock Part Revamp.  I've managed to get the clouds down to a level that doesn't tank my fps on every launch.  I go through a period of 25-30 when in the clouds, but it smooths out after that.  So here are some early-game pics.  The craft are a combination of Ven and HGR textures, but everything else is KSPRC.  Note Mun seems to have cities.

How, may I ask, did you modify the clouds? I'm also getting a huge fps hit, seemingly from the volumetrics.

Edited by Gorzideudeus

1 hour ago, Sandworm said:

I've been playing around with KSPRC and Ven's Stock Part Revamp.  I've managed to get the clouds down to a level that doesn't tank my fps on every launch.  I go through a period of 25-30 when in the clouds, but it smooths out after that.  So here are some early-game pics.  The craft are a combination of Ven and HGR textures, but everything else is KSPRC.  Mun seems to have cities but that is likely an error on my end.

id like to know any configs that you use?

Edited by HollowHate

Awesome work as always Proot ! The result is fantastic and I'm glad to be returning to KSP for this new version.

Just a quick question (to Proot and the users of his mod) : what are your CPU/GPU specs ? I can't avoid the lag with the combination of Scatterer + EVE and I'm running on a i7-4790K + GTX 670 (4GB VRAM). I was wondering if the majority of the forum uses something like a GTX 970 or better. I'm planning on upgrading when the GTX 1080 is out, but in the meantime I'm stuck below 20 FPS haha

1 hour ago, Gorzideudeus said:

How, may I ask, did you modify the clouds? I'm also getting a huge fps hit, seemingly from the volumetrics.

Yeah, it's the Volumetrics that do it, have been playing around with SVE and hey are only for top shelf cards, if you get rid of cloud layer volumetric it will solve most FPS issues.

I've been using SVE though, with negligible performance impacts. I'm just wondering why these volumetrics are cutting my fps in half.

Everything else looks great, though. The auroras are beautiful. And the planet textures. Truly great work, Proot.

Edited by Gorzideudeus

2 hours ago, HollowHate said:

id like to know any configs that you use?

I've commented out all the volumetric cloud layers from kerbin.  For me at least, launches are about physics and piloting, not pretty clouds.  If I wanted to fly in clouds I'd play X-plane.  I've left them in place on other planets because the physics load there is much much less.  Launch is the most demanding part of KSP in terms of cpu/gpu usage.  And if you are playing on plus-sized kerbins, launches easily take 5-10 minutes.  KSPRC and EVE are great mods. I really enjoy them.  But my machine cannot afford clouds during launch.

If Proot is reading this, I would suggest distributing an alternative config without the clouds on kerbin, or at least less of them.  That will get more people using KSPRC.

Edited by Sandworm

4 hours ago, Sandworm said:

I've commented out all the volumetric cloud layers from kerbin.  For me at least, launches are about physics and piloting, not pretty clouds.  If I wanted to fly in clouds I'd play X-plane.  I've left them in place on other planets because the physics load there is much much less.  Launch is the most demanding part of KSP in terms of cpu/gpu usage.  And if you are playing on plus-sized kerbins, launches easily take 5-10 minutes.  KSPRC and EVE are great mods. I really enjoy them.  But my machine cannot afford clouds during launch.

If Proot is reading this, I would suggest distributing an alternative config without the clouds on kerbin, or at least less of them.  That will get more people using KSPRC.

Sounds like good idea. I don't know why, but removing EVE didn't seem to get rid of the regular lag spikes in my game. 

Otherwise, I'd completely agree in trading in some of those clouds for more solid performance.

EDIT EDIT: Figured it out--it's not the 400 MB of texture replacers (from the previous KSPRC pack not included in the test version). It's the part reflection module (that I got from an older version). Even impacts small satellites. Crazy, I never had a major slowdown from that in the past, guess something's working different. Of course, given that the DLL Proot distributed just now doesn't support reflections, this might be the literal definition of "not a supported function." :D

Edited by Synthesis

10 hours ago, Synthesis said:

Sounds like good idea. I don't know why, but removing EVE didn't seem to get rid of the regular lag spikes in my game. 

Otherwise, I'd completely agree in trading in some of those clouds for more solid performance.

EDIT EDIT: Figured it out--it's not the 400 MB of texture replacers (from the previous KSPRC pack not included in the test version). It's the part reflection module (that I got from an older version). Even impacts small satellites. Crazy, I never had a major slowdown from that in the past, guess something's working different. Of course, given that the DLL Proot distributed just now doesn't support reflections, this might be the literal definition of "not a supported function." :D

Heres hoping that will work for me, then. Have just been having major stuttering on very small craft, and no luck so far narrowing down the cause. Loading now...

EDIT: and it worked! Thank you so much for the tip! Doubt I would have worked it out otherwise...

Edited by blu3wolf

I'm getting huge slowdown on EVA for some reason. My FPS is fine when I'm piloting a ship but as soon as a Kerbal exits I'm down to about 10 FPS and the Garbage Collector kicks in every 2 seconds or so. Is anyone having the same issue ?

Thansk blu3wolf, I'll test it right away. I couldn't find it in the cfg file itself.

That did the trick and I can play ! That was the last issue I had on my modded install. Thanks a bunch :)

Edited by Jashin

On 5/14/2016 at 7:45 PM, hendrack said:

Can someone tell me which texture I have to delete to remove the grass texture around KSC? Thanks.

At a guess, I'd say it's "GameData\KSPRC\Textures\ksc_exterior_terrain_grass_02.dds".

Edited by UnanimousCoward
Fix typo and correct wrong info

Love this! 

Just to help, Bugs for me from an existing game of Kerbal:

All engine graphics are always on, mono, boosters, rockets for all my bases/ships/etc.

EVAs jettison the kerbal out who is uncontrollable and just drifts away like a block, not a kerbal.

Changing ship '[' and ']' break all controls.

I'll keep looking, graphics are sick though on my 980!

kerbal.png

8 hours ago, Pepe said:

Love this! 

Just to help, Bugs for me from an existing game of Kerbal:

All engine graphics are always on, mono, boosters, rockets for all my bases/ships/etc.

EVAs jettison the kerbal out who is uncontrollable and just drifts away like a block, not a kerbal.

Changing ship '[' and ']' break all controls.

I'll keep looking, graphics are sick though on my 980!

kerbal.png

Is your version of KIS up to date? Are you using KKS? I had a similar issue with an old version of Kerbal Krash Systems interacting with KIS.

Hey, folks,

I just installed KSPRC on my 1.1.2 Win10 x64 build. I had Ven's Stock Part Revamp (VSPR) and had to delete it because of overlapping textures, particularly on the Mk 1-2 command pod. I prefer the parts from VSPR, so does anyone know what to erase from the KSPRC folder to allow me to have the VSPR textures on the parts? I deleted the KSPRC\Textures\Squad folder, and that didn't seem to do it. Am I missing something?

28 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

Hey, folks,

I just installed KSPRC on my 1.1.2 Win10 x64 build. I had Ven's Stock Part Revamp (VSPR) and had to delete it because of overlapping textures, particularly on the Mk 1-2 command pod. I prefer the parts from VSPR, so does anyone know what to erase from the KSPRC folder to allow me to have the VSPR textures on the parts? I deleted the KSPRC\Textures\Squad folder, and that didn't seem to do it. Am I missing something?

What in particular is broken about the parts? Is it just overlapping textures? reflections? Models? Idk if I can help but I'll try my best lol

Edited by Avera9eJoe

15 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

What in particular is broken about the parts? Is it the reflections? Textures? Models? Idk if I can help but I'll try my best lol

Nothing is broken, per se, but I'll see VSPR textures on top of KSPRC textures/models. In particular, the handrails from KSPRC are protruding through the VSPR textures on the MK 1-2 pod. Since VSPR puts the hatch in a different place from stock, it looks...interesting.

Edited by DJ Reonic

8 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

Nothing is broken, per se, but I'll see VSPR textures on top of KSPRC textures/models. In particular, the handrails from KSPRC are protruding through the VSPR textures on the MK 1-2 pod. Since VSPR puts the hatch in a different place from stock, it looks...interesting.

Hmm... I know a lot about reflections but sadly not too much in that field. All I know is that VSPR has modulemanager configs written to have priority over others and I think it might do some magic with the plain Squad folder without TR. You may find some luck however in opening the VSPR configs and deleting sections for parts with issues. Same can be said for KSPRC modulemanager configs or textures. Try searching by internal part name as we as external. They should both in the part configs.

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Rephrased

On 5/15/2016 at 8:56 AM, blu3wolf said:

Heres hoping that will work for me, then. Have just been having major stuttering on very small craft, and no luck so far narrowing down the cause. Loading now...

EDIT: and it worked! Thank you so much for the tip! Doubt I would have worked it out otherwise...

If this was directed at me (I'm not sure?) I'm happy I could help.

Basically, so far I'm seeing some graphical errors with scatterer (very long drawn shadows, a few glitches). And a surprisingly bad framerate hit when implementing Part Reflections as in previous KSPRC versions (though aren't supported by this testing version), though much worse now than before. Strange. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.