Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

I'm a very bad pilot: I spend most of my time in the VAB/SPH tweaking and inventing.

I never finish things: My KSP garage is a huge mess of started but never finished contraptions.

I've never landed kerbals on another planet: Not strictly true... They landed on Duna but they sure won't be coming back. :/

I rely on Mech Jeb to do pretty much all my flying. I can build great rockets that do as they're designed. I simply can not for the life of me, or my Kerbals, fly them.

That said, i've never been past Minmus with the exception of one Duna probe. Every time i start branching out, i get bored and put the game down for a few months. When i come back its to a new version, and start over.

I use part clipping on everything, not so much for "cheating", but for looks.

I learnt everything from MJ. Because I didnt know scott manley existed! :blush:

I still use MJ for VERY routine manoeuvres because I'm lazy. I can do them all if I set the nodes up but hey, I don't mind being lazy, and I regularly 'prove' to myself I can still execute them all every now and then.

I have only landed on Eve and Duna outside Kerbins SOI. All because I plan and build it all and then get distracted by the SPH.

Edited by Tweety
Damn those grammars!

Again, but excusable I think, I used infini-fuel.

During the third try to hit an island on Laythe I burned some fuel, but it did nothing as my parachutes had already opened.

So, during the ascent this fuel was missing to circularize my orbit - but I saw no fun in repeating the landing/watering and doing all my science again. :P

Since career mode kicked in, I've been known to build "lolrockets" simply to complete the "landed at Kerbin" contracts, when I need another 30, or so, science points, that I need to research some new part I want for my next mission. "Test a Mainsail landed at kerbin? Sure!" Staputnik - click. Mainsail - click. Stick it on the pad. Stage it. Recover it.

100% recovery, no fuel used, and 45 lovely science points. Thankyouverymuch. Now, about that "clampotron jr", I wanted to research...

I even have this weird 6-wheel thing I call the "loltrolley", for doing the "splashed down at Kerbin" tests. I periodically have to clear up the little puddle of staged decouplers and other assorted crap, that accumulates on the shores just north of the runway because of this.

I've never landed a manned mission any distance further than minmus, and never a probe further than duna.

I quicksave before almost every burn. Even though i generally dont have to reload them i really wish i could just handle the consequences for screwing up.

I launched a ship into sub orbit with 16 command seats attached to parachutes and tried to scatter kerbals across the far continent. I however forgot to attach probe cores and...scattered my kerbals.

When I get excited about a screenshot online, I try to click and rotate it before I know what I'm doing.

I keep thinking I know a thing or two about KSP, then I realize I dont know half the acronyms people are throwing around... Whats FAR?

I cannot accept losing, so whenever I fail on something in KSP, I automatically revert it and keep doing so until I suceed. This might seem like a noble thing, but here's the catch: If I cannot revert to the point of making it possible OR I just cannot suceed in a manuever, I just use HyperEdit and teleport the pod to the Launch Pad back on Kerbin so I can recover it and just forget about the launch altogether.

I sometimes watch TV/read something while Mechjeb does all the boring standart work

Leading to:

Revert -> Relaunch, because until i recon that he's done the batteries are dead

Leading to:

I sometimes watch TV/read something while Mechjeb does all the boring standart work

Leading to:

Well i think you get it.

Once had to relaunch a vessel 8 times (and that is in no way an exaggeration -.-) and still oftentimes don't install a isotope battery,

because: Well, i won't forget to unfold the solar panel this time. I promise!

I have never built or used a rover, a base or anything else ground-related.

I'll do spaceplanes, docking, SSTO's, spacestations, ... but anything ground-related just does not seem to come naturally to me. The only thing I ever put on the soil of kerbin or any other celestial ody that did not go up again is a flag.

Hey, page 50! When I started this thread I was a bit concerned that no one would want to share their wrongdoings, but I was happily wrong. Apparently none of us will be casting the first stone. :)

maybe not the first, but since 0.24 I'm pretty sure we've tossed a LOT of spacerocks around.

or do those not count?

Jeb is stuck in polar orbit around the Mun and I haven't gone back for him. It's been like 3 years.

I use huge asparagus boosters to lift anything, regardless of how small it is. As a result I have gotten used to making really inefficient maneuvers.

Worst of all, I'm an awful pilot. I sometimes force physical time acceleration to increase intake air.

I've made many mistakes but I think I would distill it down to one "sin"...

I've relied *way* too much on quicksaving -- make orbit, QS; touchdown, QS, reach orbit, QS -- so that any mistakes -- accidental firing of next stage, burning the wrong way because I was controlling from the wrong port, forgetting to deploy solar panels (I could go on, obviously) -- were conveniently undone.

I've never watched a Scott Manley video.

What are the membership fees in your club, sir?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.