[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

41 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yes, it's today (22nd)! :) I can't think of a better birthday present than a landed Falcon first stage! THANK YOU SpaceX!! :)))

I couldn't agree more! Happy birthday Kartoffelkuchen :D

Also,I found that the connection between the landing leg and the first stage isn't strong enough, a few landing attempts failed due to the strange movement of the landing legs after I successfully landed the first stage……Anyone have the same feeling?

And I also fly a OG2 mission using ur mod ( I wrote a MM to matching the F9FT to the real one)&RSS,and the F9 landing legs are from Laztek`s SpaceX pack.

Launching from the Cape,and fly the first stage back to the Cape.

I have to admit, I landed about 1489m off target but the SpaceX guys did it within like three or four meters.

Dont take notice of those chutes……I only use them when I dont want to do a landing burn so this time I immediately cut them when they deployed.

0b03f377b5e17b1b.jpg

38c52cc364a347f0.jpga2d00da0f3c2a5cf.png

Edited by mark7

8 minutes ago, mark7 said:

Also,I found that the connection between the landing leg and the first stage isn't strong enough, a few landing attempts failed due to the strange movement of the landing legs after I successfully landed the first stage……Anyone have the same feeling?

I've had no such issues. I immediately configured the whole SpaceX pack for Realism Overhaul and did my first test flight using the "Falcon 9 Full Thrust - Recoverable" craft file. The first stage burnt for about 2min20sec, I toggled AG1, did the boostback burn, re-oriented the stage, deployed the grid fins, toggled AG2, started up the single Merlin and deployed the landing legs. With the RCS thrusters enabled the stage was very controlable and I landed the stage back at the KSC on my first try. The touchdown speed was about 3.5m/s and the stage stood perfectly straight once landed.

I do have Kerbal Joint Reinforcement installed in my game, which might have helped reduce any wobble that would otherwise be present with such a big rocket in KSP.

22 minutes ago, fairy said:

I've had no such issues. I immediately configured the whole SpaceX pack for Realism Overhaul and did my first test flight using the "Falcon 9 Full Thrust - Recoverable" craft file. The first stage burnt for about 2min20sec, I toggled AG1, did the boostback burn, re-oriented the stage, deployed the grid fins, toggled AG2, started up the single Merlin and deployed the landing legs. With the RCS thrusters enabled the stage was very controlable and I landed the stage back at the KSC on my first try. The touchdown speed was about 3.5m/s and the stage stood perfectly straight once landed.

I do have Kerbal Joint Reinforcement installed in my game, which might have helped reduce any wobble that would otherwise be present with such a big rocket in KSP.

Well,I also have KJR installed……

Also, my MECO time is T+2min&25seconds……Fully automated thanks to Smart Parts.I also reconfigured the M1D+ engines so now they need like 2~3 seconds to reach max thrust.

Edited by mark7

1 hour ago, mark7 said:

And I also fly a OG2 mission using ur mod ( I wrote a MM to matching the F9FT to the real one)&RSS,and the F9 landing legs are from Laztek`s SpaceX pack.

Launching from the Cape,and fly the first stage back to the Cape.

I have to admit, I landed about 1489m off target but the SpaceX guys did it within like three or four meters.

Dont take notice of those chutes……I only use them when I dont want to do a landing burn so this time I immediately cut them when they deployed.

0b03f377b5e17b1b.jpg

38c52cc364a347f0.jpga2d00da0f3c2a5cf.png

Try the trajectories mod (link on OP)

Hey Kart! I wanted to ask about a possible texturing addition. 

Now that KSP supports "used" heat sheild textures, have you thought about adding this to the F9? Especially now that we have high res pictures of a toasty first stage. 

Disclaimer! I understand that the blackening of the stage comes from engine soot, but this would still be a nice addition, especially if the heat sheild module can handle the texture. 

17 minutes ago, saabstory88 said:

Hey Kart! I wanted to ask about a possible texturing addition. 

Now that KSP supports "used" heat sheild textures, have you thought about adding this to the F9? Especially now that we have high res pictures of a toasty first stage. 

Disclaimer! I understand that the blackening of the stage comes from engine soot, but this would still be a nice addition, especially if the heat sheild module can handle the texture. 

Oh dude. Guess what I am just working on! :D I wanted to post this later this evening when it's finished, but now that you already took this here...

SFRhebP.png

Most of the blackening on the first stage body is soot but I do believe they have ablative paint on the legs and possibly the bottom of the first stage body, unless they changed it out for something for fire-resistant since I last heard that. Either way, it would be cool to have that feature implemented. 

EDIT: Just saw your textures. Looking good!

Edited by ReventonHawx

BDAnimationModules texture switcher allows for in-flight texture switching. Of course that means that the change between "clean" and soot texture is instant, and not gradual, which in turn makes a bit unrealistic. It is an option however. Otherwise someone would have to write a plugin specifically for this. Might not be a bad idea though, as Delta IV is also know for its blackening tanks at liftoff, and as I understand, you are going to work on Delta IV next.

5 hours ago, liquidhype said:

BDAnimationModules texture switcher allows for in-flight texture switching. Of course that means that the change between "clean" and soot texture is instant, and not gradual, which in turn makes a bit unrealistic. It is an option however. Otherwise someone would have to write a plugin specifically for this. Might not be a bad idea though, as Delta IV is also know for its blackening tanks at liftoff, and as I understand, you are going to work on Delta IV next.

OMG welcomeback!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.