[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

Will you be making Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy? I know Laztech has them but it would be nice to have all these launchers in one pack, plus Laztech still hasn't updated the pack for 1.0.4.

I think a while back he posted some dev pictures of a Falcon 9; however, if you want one now go check out SELV! It's by Kartoffelkutchen as well.

Edit- As I was typing this you posted your response... You guys are quick!

No, I'm not planning to do that. It has an upgraded Merlin 1C first stage engine (known as Merlin 1C+), a stretched 1st stage fuel tank (from 15m to 22m), and that Kestrel 2 engine. There's very little (or to be more specific: no) info on those two engines. Though a Merlin 1A would be an interesting option, but I really can't say if I will make that or not. Merlin 1D will be enough fun to handle, plus the Vacuum engine.

Though if you have any more precise info on F1 and especially Merlin 1C+ and Kestrel 2, you can send it to me, maybe I will make that, why not?

The answer is yes.

http://i.imgur.com/l0qhJM6.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/7u2d9Q0.png

Right now I only have models for Falcon 9, I still have a bit to do there, Merlin 1CV is still missing, or unfinished, and the 2nd stage also needs some overall improvement. Then texturing. After that I'll start with Falcon 9 1.1 stuff, Merlin 1D's, new structure, and possible even the landing legs. Though I am not sure about those, balancing the rocket for a possible propulsed landing is really hard, I tried that with my SELV Falcon 9. You have to make a very high engine thrust and very low tank weight in order to make a landing possible. And due to the high thrust-low weight thing, the rockets have a crazy-high TWR. See LazTeks Falcon 9. Falcon 9 1.2 will be made too, once there is proper information and a succesfull flight and the other stuff is done. Falcon Heavy will come with that, it's just a Nosecone and Decouplers.

It will still take quiete a while until I finished that, though be patient, it will definitely come! I will try to work more often on it the next time, once the new version of Launchers Pack is released, which should be soon. I've been working on some small adjustments, and Payload Interfaces for the Atlas V.

Oooh man this looks so good! Amazing work as always Kartoffelkuchen :) Can't wait to get my greedy little hands on this.

@liquidhype: Thank you very much! Well, that engine is already included in the pack (as 1st stage engine for the Falcon 1), I only need to make some small adjustments to the turbopump exhaust for Falcon 9. ;)

I've finished now all those Payload Interfaces, all in all 8 parts.

9MxzT68.png

Will be released with the next update.

Version 5.2 released!

Changelog:

• Added Centaur Forward Adapter
  • Added Forward Load Reactor (Atlas V)
  • Added C13, C15, C22, C25, C29 Launch Vehicle Adapter (Atlas V)
  • Added A937 and B1194 Payload Adapter (Atlas V)
  • New sounds for CCB
  • Lowered specularity of Atlas 400 Fairings
  • Improved normal maps on Atlas 400 Fairings
  • Remade Delta K bottom
  • Added helium pressurization spheres to Falcon 1 Fuel Tanks
  • Improved 2nd stage textures of Falcon 1

WARNING: MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE ANY OLDER VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING!

Download the new version from Kerbalstuff

Version 5.2 released!

Changelog:

• Added Centaur Forward Adapter
  • Added Forward Load Reactor (Atlas V)
  • Added C13, C15, C22, C25, C29 Launch Vehicle Adapter (Atlas V)
  • Added A937 and B1194 Payload Adapter (Atlas V)
  • New sounds for CCB
  • Lowered specularity of Atlas 400 Fairings
  • Improved normal maps on Atlas 400 Fairings
  • Remade Delta K bottom
  • Added helium pressurization spheres to Falcon 1 Fuel Tanks
  • Improved 2nd stage textures of Falcon 1

WARNING: MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE ANY OLDER VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING!

Download the new version from Kerbalstuff

Yes CFA's!!!!! I have been waiting

Edited by Tristonwilson12

Do you have Old School Fairings installed? That is required, it replaces ModuleDecouple with its own module, which handles part shielding.

EDIT: Has anybody experienced a bug where the Falcon 1 upper stage stucks in the interstage in the newest release? I've just tested that, and one time it stuck and the other time it decoupled just fine, so I'm a bit puzzled rigjt now.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

I will check this, thanks for pointing it out blnk2007.

Did anyone figure this out? Also, is the rescale config only for those using rss/ro?

The problem with the rescale config is that the nodes in the Atlas V common booster are not even in the tank and the engine size doesn't match.

Please look at one of the .pdf's included in the download, it sais there how to use them.

Are you using the older config? Please try the newest one included, it is actually (more or less :P) properly tested and works.

Yes, I'm using the newest config. I don't think it helps that module manager says there is an error in the config.

I just tested it again, there's no error! Module Manager loads fine and applies 61 patches (I deleted the cache before), all parts are resized and the nodes correctly applied.

Just tested the newest version of Launchers Pack with the included config. It works! :)

I didn't get to test that until today. The last version of Launchers Pack and the config that you had in the main post and in an aditional post wast the one I was having problems with.

Thanks for the updates!

You mean *this* Kerbin 365? No, I won't make any configs for that. If I start with doing that, people arrive with requests for other rescaled-system mods, and yeah, simply no. You'll have to do your own configs for that, but feel free to share those, I'll happily add those configs to the OP (with credits of course)! :)

You mean *this* Kerbin 365? No, I won't make any configs for that. If I start with doing that, people arrive with requests for other rescaled-system mods, and yeah, simply no. You'll have to do your own configs for that, but feel free to share those, I'll happily add those configs to the OP (with credits of course)! :)

I can whip up a simple config to raise the ISP and thrust of the engines a little... probably not the SRBs though. Those are probably fine.

If you PM your email or whatever, I'll email the configs and you can... do what you do with them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.