[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

[quote name='MajorLeaugeRocketScience']Hey Kart,

When you're done with all of these EELVs how about doing Saturn rockets?[/QUOTE]
Well, no. I don't really have interest in those old launchers, I mean, they are impressive and super cool and all, but there are, as other people mentioned, enough other Saturns out there.

[quote name='fairy'](Fingers crossed for something new and shiny, instead of that old rustbucket).[/QUOTE]
I guess a Falcon 9 1.1 would be ok then? ;)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NhhUJu8.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NJVqJHA.png[/IMG]

The first stage is pretty much done, that was the hardest part. As you can see in the second image, the "plates" covering the engines are removable, so you will have a good look at how the engines are arranged in the octaweb there, just as a little "gimmick". :P I'll add the fuel lines and such to it, then onwards to Interstage, second stage, Mvac and then gridfins and landing legs. Landing legs will be hard. Very complex shape.

Well, that's for SELV, and SELV is not really meant to be realistic, so thinks don't take as long as it does here. And yeah, as I said, there are enough detailed saturns out there. The point of selv is more like giving the players some parts with which you can create the rocket the parts are based on, but you can also use it in a totally different way.
And I've not longer worked on SELV since 3 months or something...

[quote name='Kartoffelkuchen']I guess a Falcon 9 1.1 would be ok then? ;).[/QUOTE]

Yes, most definitely. The model(s) look beautiful :) I am always excited when you bring something new to life. Even the early Atlas' look really good from the pictures you've posted. Don't get me wrong, I like old launchers as well. I just don't see the point of spending time making something that is already made as a mod for the game. But from reading your last comments, it seems we are one the same page anyways :)

[quote name='DarthVader']Are you going to add legs to the falcon 9 1.1? Or have you not figured out animated parts quite yet?[/QUOTE]
Let me quote myself:
[QUOTE='Kartoffelkuchen']I'll add the fuel lines and such to it, then onwards to Interstage, second stage, Mvac and then gridfins and landing legs. Landing legs will be hard. Very complex shape.[/QUOTE]
;)

[quote name='Uace24']Will langing legs be included?[/QUOTE]

@Uace24: SERIOUSLY!!! You couldn't read but [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/78741-Launchers-Pack-Latest-SpaceX-Pack-Released-%28V-1-0-1-22th-Nov2015%29?p=2311889&viewfull=1#post2311889"]two posts[/URL] before yours.

[quote name='StoryMusgrave']@Uace24: SERIOUSLY!!! You couldn't read but [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/78741-Launchers-Pack-Latest-SpaceX-Pack-Released-%28V-1-0-1-22th-Nov2015%29?p=2311889&viewfull=1#post2311889"]two posts[/URL] before yours.[/QUOTE]

Kids these days are so lazy :P

[quote name='Delta_8930']Hey, can you please make the Vega and/or Taurus (Minotaur-C) rockets, they are my favorite and I haven't seen them around (I know Liquidhype has one, but his thread is closed and the DL is removed; I don't know when he comes back)
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Taurus would fit right in with this mod, as it already contains Minotaur V, but as far as I know, Liquidhype is coming back and has also made the Vega a lot better than last time. I got to try out the new Vega and Ariane 5 a couple of weeks ago. You could probably ask Liquidhype if you want Vega.

[quote name='Kartoffelkuchen']That's it for today. M1CV is the latest part of the "core model", then on to F9R parts.

[URL]http://i.imgur.com/UzFVuk8.png[/URL][/QUOTE]
ooh neat, any idea on what you will be balancing performance to? my most useful class of GEO sat weights no more than 3 to 3.5 tonnes, would this lift it to GTO?

actually tested the mod meant for 1.05 in 1.05, worked like a charm, neat work. with a 2.1 ton payload it just crawls off the pad. Edited by DarthVader

[quote name='Delta_8930']There's a Zenit 3SL in the Horizon Aeronautics mod. MeCripp updated it for 1.0.2 but it also works in 1.0.4. Not sure if it works in 1.0.5 though[/QUOTE]

Yup, people really need to spend some time doing research before pestering poor Kart with all these random requests. Seriously, there are already Saturns, Soyuz's, Zenits and Vegas for KSP. Why would he spend his free time making these? He is not even done with all his SpaceX stuff, the Delta IV is not released, he is still busy updating some of his launchers. Even after all that, he still has plans for early Atlas launch vehicles. Maybe once his main self-set goals are done, then people can start requesting something else.

I get that he is amazing when it comes to pumping out new stuff, but give the poor guy a break and be thankful for what he has already done :)

Hui, let's start.
Dragon? No, currently it's not planned by me, check two pages back someone is already working on it.

F9 1.1 will be released together with F9R, so I won't release basic falcon 9 1.1 first, and then update with landing legs, gridfins, RCS, simply because the aim to reuse the 1st stage and the efforts from SpaceX which went into this are unique, and when I think of Falcon 9 I always link it with a first stage landing. A falcon 9 1.1 without legs is pointless. :P

Vega, no, I don't to conflict eith liquidhype there. Only if he wouldn't come back, then we could talk again, but right now, no.
Minotaur rocket family / Taurus is a good suggestion, I will work on this when Delta family is completed.

Payload capacity of F9 1.1: I've figured out some numbers for it some days ago, how I should balance it. I believe mass to orbit without boostback & landing about 10-14t, with landing about 8t to LKO. I'd have to guess noe for GTO, but 3-4t should be alright.

Soyuz - Fregat: Check raidernicks, he's made a pretty good one I believe. Zenit, also no. As mentioned above, check the Horizon Aeronautics zenit, it's an awesome vehicle! Could need a small update for 1.0.5, but no real reason for me to do my own.

:)

Edit: Thanks fairy, also well said. ;)

If I were to suggest another rocket, it would probably be the Vulcan and only because it somewhat ties into Atlas V parts, but I'm not. I'm just eagerly awaiting the rest of the SpaceX stuff and the Delta IV and family. I am curious though, does anyone know a decent SLS mod out there? Each one I've followed so far has died.

[quote name='ReventonHawx']If I were to suggest another rocket, it would probably be the Vulcan and only because it somewhat ties into Atlas V parts, but I'm not. I'm just eagerly awaiting the rest of the SpaceX stuff and the Delta IV and family. I am curious though, does anyone know a decent SLS mod out there? Each one I've followed so far has died.[/QUOTE]
Try the CHAKA MONKEY EXPLORATION ODYSSEY; it contains everything you need for exploration, and it includes the SLS, Orion, and some rockets that slightly look like Delta-IV derived rockets. Its really cool

[quote name='ReventonHawx']If I were to suggest another rocket, it would probably be the Vulcan and only because it somewhat ties into Atlas V parts, but I'm not. I'm just eagerly awaiting the rest of the SpaceX stuff and the Delta IV and family. I am curious though, does anyone know a decent SLS mod out there? Each one I've followed so far has died.[/QUOTE] Yes, I am very eager to see the Delta IV. A bunch of pages ago Arcturusvfx showed us an imgur album in which he created pretty good textures for a Delta IV family.

[quote name='Delta_8930']About the Falcon 9 fairings: Are they supposed to decouple on the bottom and pivot at the top, or should it be the other way around like the Atlas V 400 fairings with the Fairing Separation Engine?[/QUOTE]
They appear to not need the fairing separation engines, they separate just fine without them for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.