[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

2 hours ago, DECQ said:

I really missed it, good quality work, congratulate you Kartoffelkuchen you great modder!!!

Aw thanks man! But you're doing really awesome stuff too! ;)

14 minutes ago, Delta_8930 said:

Awesome. How are the Atlases and Deltas coming along?

Right now, not at all. :P As I said, SpaceX has highest priority. The test versions were sent out yesterday, and right now I am working on the Gridfins...and also started on something *strong* to pull *back* too...

4 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Not really. It's just more like a launchclamp, optimised for this rocket, if you want to say so. I don't even know if that mod is still actively developed.

Yes our mod is still active, just waiting on liquid hype. Me and Arcturusvfx have been working together the past few days, I made the Vehicle transport system, a working one, and he is making the vertical assembly building, so you can roll out the atlas v on it. It's all coming good

16d346a6b3.png

3b5f3f3d79.png

On December 7, 2015 at 3:17:15 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Aw thanks man! But you're doing really awesome stuff too! ;)

Right now, not at all. :P As I said, SpaceX has highest priority. The test versions were sent out yesterday, and right now I am working on the Gridfins...and also started on something *strong* to pull *back* too...

Ooh, I know what that is! I think it's the Strongback structure!W94qEr3.jpg

5 hours ago, Delta_8930 said:

Ooh, I know what that is! I think it's the Strongback structure!

The question is, is he making the Vandenburg one (the one pictured), SLC-40 one, Pad-39A one, or all of the above? :) In any case, I'll be happy for specialized launch clamps, haven't seen any since the FASA launch clamps. You got until the 19th KK!

Seeing that picture again and the recent pictures of the new 39A strongback makes me realize they built that strongback to work with the Falcon Heavy from the get-go. The SLC-40 strongback, not so much. 

1 minute ago, ReventonHawx said:

The question is, is he making the Vandenburg one (the one pictured), SLC-40 one, Pad-39A one, or all of the above? :) In any case, I'll be happy for specialized launch clamps, haven't seen any since the FASA launch clamps. You got until the 19th KK!

Seeing that picture again and the recent pictures of the new 39A strongback makes me realize they built that strongback to work with the Falcon Heavy from the get-go. The SLC-40 strongback, not so much.

I actually don't know which strongback structure will be made. I, too, will be happy with any of them. And 1.0.4 wasn't friendly with launch clamps. Every time I launched with FASA clamps, I got this:

GcCJOan.png

The strongback at SLC40 was basically an extension of the original one that was designed for normal F9 launches. Falcon heavy will be compatible with the other pads, so naturally they widened it.

5 minutes ago, ReventonHawx said:

I know I will have specialized launch clamps for most of my launch pads including SLC-40. but if kart wants to make them for his mid I won't stop him. I'll just stop making them for my mod. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.