[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

[quote name='Delta_8930']About the Falcon 9 fairings: Are they supposed to decouple on the bottom and pivot at the top, or should it be the other way around like the Atlas V 400 fairings with the Fairing Separation Engine?[/QUOTE]
Yes, as DarthVader already mentioned, they are supposed to decouple the same way as all other fairings, meaning they pivot at the bottom, but without the need for these nasty little Fairing Seperation Engines. That was pretty hard to figure out, I ended up with changing the magnitude of it. Yes, that seems works perfectly fine. I've tested it out multiple times (About 20 times) in many different situations. They don't seem to decouple right if you are below ~35km, so try to decouple them above that altitude.
If you are still having issues, please let me know and describe how heigh and how fast you are when decoupling the fairings. :)

[quote name='MajorLeaugeRocketScience']Or maybe the snacks liquified and splashed around ? :-)[/QUOTE]
:D
Seriously, I just tested it again, I had a very clean fairing seperation at 35km at about 1.1km/s. A thing which you could do wrong is that you don't point your rocket at prograde marker really, so your AoA could still be a bit too big, even if the atmosphere is really thin there. Try to point the rocket at prograde before seperating the fairings.

[quote name='Kartoffelkuchen']:D
Seriously, I just tested it again, I had a very clean fairing seperation at 35km at about 1.1km/s. A thing which you could do wrong is that you don't point your rocket at prograde marker really, so your AoA could still be a bit too big, even if the atmosphere is really thin there. Try to point the rocket at prograde before seperating the fairings.[/QUOTE]

Sound good, I'll test it later. I can't wait to have Atlas and Deltas back for RSS gaming

[quote name='Kartoffelkuchen']Yes, as DarthVader already mentioned, they are supposed to decouple the same way as all other fairings, meaning they pivot at the bottom, but without the need for these nasty little Fairing Seperation Engines. That was pretty hard to figure out, I ended up with changing the magnitude of it. Yes, that seems works perfectly fine. I've tested it out multiple times (About 20 times) in many different situations. They don't seem to decouple right if you are below ~35km, so try to decouple them above that altitude.
If you are still having issues, please let me know and describe how heigh and how fast you are when decoupling the fairings. :)[/QUOTE] thanks for clearing at up, fairing separation usually occurs at 30km for me, and I will modify my flight profile

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

OK, now the fairing separates, but they don't pivot at the bottom as you've described. I separate my fairing at 35-38 km in altitude and I am usually traveling at 1200-1300 meters per second. I usually jettison the fairings around 10 seconds after the second stage ignites.

On 11/26/2015, 10:56:34, Delta_8930 said:

Now the fairings look like they decouple from the sides rather than pivoting from the bottom after separation. AeroHider.dll is not installed.

That sounds right. They don't really pivot out at the bottom, they "jump" more apart from each other. They pivot a little bit.

@MajorLeaugeRocketScience Don't know. I'm more concentrated on F9 1.1 and 1.1 FT right now. Probably towards end of this year.

EDIT: Oh god. The OP! Fluff me! Everything is a big mess...I hate this now already, why couldn't we stay with the old one? Now I have even more to do...

thank you Squad

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Language

@DarthVader MvacD/Merlin 1D Vacuum and DV+ for 1.1 FT are finished (also textured). Not the prettiest textures I've ever made, but good enough I'd say.

@Tristonwilson12 Heh, seriously? :PI've been only working on the Falcon's in the last weeks. I also have some kind of real life, school work increases again too, so I had no time for that. ;) Once Falcon family is done Delta 4 will the next thing to be worked on.                              Generally, we've decided to keep the time I spend texturing the Falcon 9 (and future rockets) as low as possible, so the textures will be good but not super detailed. Simply because I'll need to remake *all* textures for KSP 1.1 so there's no point in making super detailed textures now, when I'll have to redo them in two months again, hope you guys understand that. (+, cause we hope to get F9 out before RTF, but that's a minor aspect :P)

20 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

@DarthVader MvacD/Merlin 1D Vacuum and DV+ for 1.1 FT are finished (also textured). Not the prettiest textures I've ever made, but good enough I'd say.

@Tristonwilson12 Heh, seriously? :PI've been only working on the Falcon's in the last weeks. I also have some kind of real life, school work increases again too, so I had no time for that. ;) Once Falcon family is done Delta 4 will the next thing to be worked on.                              Generally, we've decided to keep the time I spend texturing the Falcon 9 (and future rockets) as low as possible, so the textures will be good but not super detailed. Simply because I'll need to remake *all* textures for KSP 1.1 so there's no point in making super detailed textures now, when I'll have to redo them in two months again, hope you guys understand that. (+, cause we hope to get F9 out before RTF, but that's a minor aspect :P)

ok I was just asking..

5 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

@fairy Yes as I said I won't put so much effort into the textures now, I will have to redo them all for KSP1.1 anyway.

Yes I understand, but what is the reason behind having to redo them for 1.1? Do we have to apply the textures in a new way, does the game only accept a certain type of texture? Or are you simply redoing them for your own sake?

6 hours ago, fairy said:

Yes I understand, but what is the reason behind having to redo them for 1.1? Do we have to apply the textures in a new way, does the game only accept a certain type of texture? Or are you simply redoing them for your own sake?

A bit of both. For one, as Delta_8930 already said, Unity 5 opens up a whole bunch of new possibilities. You can make your own shaders, and generally the shaders are really improved. And I don't think the old textures would keep up with the quality we could reach with the new shaders. So I'll redo the textures once 1.1 is released, because of its new features, and also a bit because I want to improve the textures anyway, and 1.1 is the perfect point of time for that. :)

20 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

A bit of both. For one, as Delta_8930 already said, Unity 5 opens up a whole bunch of new possibilities. You can make your own shaders, and generally the shaders are really improved. And I don't think the old textures would keep up with the quality we could reach with the new shaders. So I'll redo the textures once 1.1 is released, because of its new features, and also a bit because I want to improve the textures anyway, and 1.1 is the perfect point of time for that. :)

Oh I see. I thought maybe we were forced to redo all the textures. I'm a noob at this whole KSP modding thing, so it took long enough just redoing all my fairing and interstage colliders. Didn't really feel like redoing ALL my textures as well. But then all is good :)

Looking forward to seeing your new textures! Your current textures are really good, so I can only imagine how great the new ones will be.

Thank you! :)

Progressing nicely and absolutely on-schedule with Falcon 9 1.1 and 1.1 FT:

1lNXPdJ.png

X4PnCqd.png

Our goal is to release it before RTF. Right now, we should be ready with it by the 10th. Only the landing legs could cause some trouble, but we'll see. ;)

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

@MajorLeagueRocketScience: Yep! :D

That crossfeed would be an option, bit it's unlikely. The way SpaceX wants to run their FH is I believe that they throttle down the center engines or something, while the boosters burn at full power, then shutdown and do boostback while the core throttles up again. 

The last time I've heard crossfeed was when 1.0 was still launched, and when 1.1 continued there was no word about crossfeed anymoreI think. (Also, I ddon't think that would even be possible in KSP)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.