The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

MORE PARTS, all i want is more parts, i don't care what is planned for 0.25 as long as it got more parts

Just use mods? There are loads of new parts that way.

Darnit! When I saw offical... *hovers over* 0.24-kerbaplooza I thought it was released!

dern you

Same here.

I cannot wait, I've been holding off playing a while now to start anew with the update.

Excited!

Install the custom biomes mod and every celestial body gets a full set of biomes (yes, they work with scientific experiments, too). :)

I know there are mods for everything and I don't care.

I think that biomes should be shown from orbit and you can check when they've been researched fully that way you know when you're done with a region without having to see the R&D center or the actual reports. It'd just be cool :).

I think that biomes should be shown from orbit and you can check when they've been researched fully that way you know when you're done with a region without having to see the R&D center or the actual reports. It'd just be cool :).

I know for a fact that MechJeb has this feature ("current Biome" & "Raw Biome"). If you just want that Info, just create a custom windom with those data points and don't use mechjeb otherwise (as tempting as it may be, for some).

Someone suggested using that as a base for imaging sattelites.

For example: you'd have a camera module that would list all of the biomes it can see from it's position to the planet surface (so that it'd include high/low atmosphere and orbit) and whatever you have done attached experiments on it or not (checks against science-capable modules mount on the sattelite) - ofq. It'd have to be something large, in a size of EnviSat (to encourage people using it as a sattelite instead of just a component on the lander), but it'd be super-useful (and encourages sattelite network updates as you research new techs)

Someone suggested using that as a base for imaging sattelites.

For example: you'd have a camera module that would list all of the biomes it can see from it's position to the planet surface (so that it'd include high/low atmosphere and orbit) and whatever you have done attached experiments on it or not (checks against science-capable modules mount on the sattelite) - ofq. It'd have to be something large, in a size of EnviSat (to encourage people using it as a sattelite instead of just a component on the lander), but it'd be super-useful (and encourages sattelite network updates as you research new techs)

mmmm, like the idea... there have been lots of suggestions (and hints from devs) in the past about adding some sort of discovery mechanic, so you have to use a telescope or something to discover planets, and probe them first to find out things about them...

Someone (can't remember who, sorry!) started an ESA thread about partnering, and salvager joined in and said about how cool some of their tech is, including the various satellites...

I think that these elements would make it more 'space-programey' - you have to do some work to find all the planets and their moons, then do a bit more work finding things out, before you can send a kerbal!

But that would require a science restructure, and who knows (execept the devs and teseters) if that's been done already to fit with the contracts and funds?

You guys are forgetting the developers belief in scope completion. Systems, API etc before content.

not at all, that's why I said it had only been suggested or hinted at to maybeâ„¢ be in the game somewhere in the far distant future... and I'd imagine it would be another large undertaking for the Dev team, so as you say, scope completion comes 1st...

not at all, that's why I said it had only been suggested or hinted at to maybeâ„¢ be in the game somewhere in the far distant future... and I'd imagine it would be another large undertaking for the Dev team, so as you say, scope completion comes 1st...

Wasn't directed toward anyone :-)

How will I acquire the 64bit client using Steam?

It should be in the folder, but you may require the %command%_64 launch option to start it via Steam unless Steam autodetects your architecture.

I would like to see asteroid mining in a future update. I know there was talk of scrapping the mining concept but I think it would be cool if you could capture an asteroid, mine resources from it and then return the resources to Kerbin for money. It would fit in nicely with the contract system they are implementing I think.

Indeed, they moved many build-versions forward just a little while ago.

I sure hope it's about to come out of the oven... because is starting to smell too good over here to not have some now!

That's a good sign.

Mining of any kind would be a godsend.

You could take it further by retrieving minerals unique to each body and the more difficult they are to retrieve the more money you get when you sell them on Kerbin. Is there not a mod for that? :)

I'm relatively new to KSP, is this what it was like the last time waiting for the update? What I mean is, they didn't give a release date they just let the community speculate.

Every release. They do not give release dates until they're releasing. It's forbidden to even ask for a release date. The traditional answer to "When will it be released?" is "Soontm".