The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

Still have a couple hours to go until we are within the "average time window" for the daily updates from Squad. I too am getting anxious and excited -- cannot wait to try my hand at my first contract!

News yes, but I think Steam has certain "windows of opportunity" for devs to upload. Or at least they did, but now I think about it I vaguely seem to remember back when I played Dungeon Defenders they may have changed it so maybe it's not quite as dependent on Steam's timeline anymore. I think I've been using Steam too long for my own good.

Yeah if they announce anything it'll be either today, tomorrow, or Monday. I can't even see them releasing on Thursday.

And I can't imagine them announcing anything other than "It's ready!" due to people freaking out at 12:01am GMT on whatever day it's announced for, when it's not already installed on their computers.

I really can't wait for this release. I got bored of KSP (for the third time) so I decided to install KSPI which looks great but it's pushing me past the memory limit :mad:

All those mods I will be able to get :confused:

On the SteamDB page, why's the QA build ID lower than the Experimentals build ID?

I'm pretty sure that Squad's dev process puts QA before Experimentals (Experimentals are the last testing phase), probably because Experimentals don't mean what you think they do in this case. It seems that their experimentals are analogous to release candidates, though they probably want to stay away from that term since the game is a long way away from final release.

Ok, after reading the update I would say that we are at least over a week away from the release - if not over two weeks. Don't get too excited ;)
<p><strong>Hugo (The Intern): </strong><span>Working on the Mk series pieces. Starting some IVA planning for some of these. I’ve been improving some of the MK-1 changes I did with the feedback of my coworkers. Getting super excited about the coming release. </span></p>

Starting some IVA planning? Sounds like it might be even longer. If I had to bet it would be just under two weeks.

Starting some IVA planning? Sounds like it might be even longer. If I had to bet it would be just under two weeks.

It might be for a next patch.

I honestly doubt their development cycle is so f**** up that they start a planning of a new features for 0.24 while it's already in experimental phase.

Or rather: I hope...

Hmm, speculating on things in .24? I can play too :D

Maybe we'll see sample collection. And by maybe I mean I think it's not unlikely. And a right click interface to send those samples to various containers located around our vessels :D

I think it'd be nice to have moving parts finally added, but that would probably not be for a while.

It might be for a next patch.

I honestly doubt their development cycle is so f**** up that they start a planning of a new features for 0.24 while it's already in experimental phase.

Or rather: I hope...

That makes sense, my bad.

Yes it might be in next patch,Because if you read the devnotes,You can clearly see two situation; Some of them finished their job and waits for release,And some others are working on long range projects.

Well it is the intern working on that so I'm sure it's just something that needed to be polished a bit or he's not working as quickly as everyone else. I know our interns don't get handed anything as vital as one of the primary pieces of a project right before release.

Alternatively, he might be starting something for 0.25 now, because he's not at Squad for long so it's useless for him to be sitting around doing nothing until release.

So as a forum browser I thought I would sum up what I have heard might be upgrades of 0.24. I'm sure I'm missing some so please let me know.

1. Contracts!

2. Currencies (yes the dev reference was strangely plural).

3. Reputation (no more mindless conversion of Kerbals to white smoke)

4. 2 new engines, one rcs powered

5. 64 bit support!

6. Work on the IVAs for airplanes (not sure if this will make the 0.24 cut)

7. New plane parts have been hinted at (again not definitively suggested for 0.24)

8. A reference to a "rope like" part in development

9. Named supplier companies

Lastly about that release date. July 20 would be a nice historical fit wouldn't it devs?

The rope was just for a video, most likely the 0.24 release trailer. Plane parts most definitely won't make it to 0.24, since I don't think they add new stuff once in experimentals.

Indications are that 0.25 MAY be a plane-themed update with talk about plane parts and IVA but I doubt it will be in this release. I don't know anything about a "rope-like." But everything else should be in it.

I still think July 15th will be go-date :D

@2 - It should say: Budgets (might include multiple currencies)

@4 - One is OMS (from space shuttle) another is vernier thruster.

@7 - Not a new parts but rather improvements to the existing parts.

@8 - It's not for a game.

@9 - AFAIK Most (all?) of them are already in the game. Logos for the companies are a new thing. Companies themselves: not so much.

In future before you make a compilation like that: It'd be good to check an exact quotes to make things right :);).