The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

Squad doesn't seem to add a K to everything kerbal. Your crew members are hired from the "Astronaut" complex. The star you orbit is "the Sun", not "Kerbol". Why would money be any different?

Squad doesn't seem to add a K to everything kerbal. Your crew members are hired from the "Astronaut" complex. The star you orbit is "the Sun", not "Kerbol". Why would money be any different?

Yup, a fact who surprised me, the sun is Kerbol, but called everytime "sun", I though at the end it was named so like we could say planet instead Kerbin or another one. I guess we could tweak around to have Kerbol instead

I saw something that said the return was 98% on part recovery, though that shouldn't really be the same all over Kerbin, fro example if you landed on the opposite continent to the KSC, you only receive a 75% return. Just a thought.

Yup, a fact who surprised me, the sun is Kerbol, but called everytime "sun", I though at the end it was named so like we could say planet instead Kerbin or another one. I guess we could tweak around to have Kerbol instead

Well technically our sun is called "Sol", but no one ever says that.

Well technically our sun is called "Sol", but no one ever says that.
and our planet is called terra but most just call it dirt or earth etc.

Interestingly, neither of those are correct. The official name for the Sun is the Sun, or equivalent word in your language (but capitalized). The official name for the Earth is the Earth, or equivalent word in your language (but capitalized). The official name for the Moon is the Moon, or equivalent word in your language (but capitalized).

Edited by cpast

Interestingly, neither of those are correct. The official name for the Sun is the Sun, or equivalent word in your language (but capitalized). The official name for the Earth is the Earth, or equivalent word in your language (but capitalized). The official name for the Moon is the Moon, or equivalent word in your language (but capitalized).

only because the IAU is boring and people like to change things all the time

only because the IAU is boring and people like to change things all the time

Nevertheless, "Sol" and "Terra" are not official names, nor were they ever official that I'm aware of (at least since Latin stopped being used for all scientific discourse), nor are they likely to be unless there's ever a time when "Sun" or "Earth" becomes confusing.

Terra

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look up Terra or terra in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

Terra primarily refers to the Latin, Portuguese and Italian word for the Earth.

Terra may also refer to:

Contents

1 Astronomy

2 Latin

3 Fiction

4 Characters

5 Music

6 Given name

7 Video games

8 Other uses

9 See also

Astronomy

Earth or Terra in Latin and other languages

Terra (satellite), a multi-national NASA scientific research satellite

Terrae as extensive land masses found on various solar system bodies

List of terrae on Mars

List of terrae on Venus

Terrae, a highland on the Moon

Latin

Terra Australis (southern land), hypothetical continent appearing on maps from the 15th to the 18th century

Terra incognita, unknown land, for regions that have not been mapped or documented

Terra nullius, land belonging to no one, nobody's land, empty or desolate land

Terra pericolosa, dangerous land, for regions believed likely to put travelers in jeopardy

In science and technology

Sol, the Latin name of the main-sequence star of the synonymous Sol System, called the Sun in English

Sol (colloid), a type of suspension

sol (format), a file format for presenting solutions of mathematical programming problems

Sol geometry, a three-dimensional Riemannian manifold

Sol, a Martian day

Sol, a solar day as used in timekeeping on Mars

Sol-20, a computer produced by company Processor Technology

Sol., abbreviation for solution

as from the wiki, i personally prefer "the giant crap-hole" (earth) and ow my eyes (sun)

Any idea when the FAQ's going up? Now that we have media release, is that the next thing?

I'd guess somewhere in the range 5 PM to 2 AM Eastern, because that's roughly when the Daily Kerbal posts are. Pure speculation.

There's also some confusion on whether media release has actually happened. Some think it may have been a leak or accidental release since only Scott Manley's video has gone up.

There's also some confusion on whether media release has actually happened. Some think it may have been a leak or accidental release since only Scott Manley's video has gone up.

He called it a special early access thingy.

Btw.: I am sure Max said "contracts are scripted at first but soon will switch to procedural mode" - I take it as indefinite contracts are already in.

He called it a special early access thingy.

I know. I mentioned something to that effect in the media release thread. But there were at least a few people crying foul.

EDIT: Scott has another video up on his normal channel. I'd say it's safe to assume we'll be seeing more pop up soon.

Edited by AngusJimiKeith

All the major patch releases over the last year have been either on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

Not that that necessarily MEANS anything, here, but snacks for thought.

Well, if it was an intentional thing (and not just that they 'felt like it' or somesuch), it would make sense.

It's much better to do an emergency scramble to repair a critical gamestopper bug on Wednesday/Thursday than say, Saturday/Sunday, heh.

Also QC people tend to mutter bad words about code written on Monday....