The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

The things one does when getting bored, waiting for the patch...

Squad, release 0.24 now! Or these 99 Kerbals are going to get smashed by the MKKM (mass kerbal killing machine)... :mad:

http://i.imgur.com/Ig6pxAx.jpg

I'm not kidding! :mad:

http://i.imgur.com/ArWynCL.jpg

You fail to realize that Danny2462 already has 0.24. Anything you could do pales in comparison.

Also damnit. I want 0.24 now. I bet either thursday or friday.

Won't be on a Friday, I would bet. They did a Friday release once that had a few tough bugs, made for a busy weekend for them when they were already burnt out from the push to release.

Almost certainly, that 753 MB will be in ADDITION to the base 32bit game.

HMMM i don't think that's how the downloads at the KSP site work......could be but I doubt it..

This should demolish lag like miley sirus on three wrecking balls......(he he lol)

Almost certainly, that 753 MB will be in ADDITION to the base 32bit game.

I doubt it. After all, linux has a 64 bit executable which isn't that much larger. IIRC, it's actually packaged in the same download as 32 bit and the user chooses which to launch.

My guess is, since 64 bit isn't the priority or the main dev branch, it's a stripped-down version for testing, and the full version will be identical to 32- bit except for the executable and a few assorted other files.

But that's only a guess, and I could be totally wrong. :P

So how do we change our steam versions to the 64bit? (when 0.24 is out)

I guess it'll either auto-detect that you have a 64 bit system, or give you an option to use 64 bit on launch. Other games do that.

Not everything needs to be redownloaded for x64. Most of content will be shared, so it will be 750MB + the classic 32-bits install.

(edit: I admit 750MB just for some binaries is quite large, we'll se Soon enough anyway).

Edited by Lilleman

KSP on linux works the same way. I don't see where 750 extra MB on windows 64 bit would come from.

EDIT: Woo, steamdb update! Now we wait for linux, OSX, and win64 to update as well :P

Interestingly, the forum's window for downtime has come...and gone. Did it actually happen?

Just a quick update. Steamdb updated again one minute ago in case anyone wants to try dig and see what;s in there.

It was an experimental, unless I am mistaken!

It was an experimental, unless I am mistaken!

Probably but there may be more to be found in there. We wouldn't have known the PC x64 executable came in it's own separate pack if we hadn't looked at the databse. I get the feeling that may be merged into the single 1.5xgb download when it goes public, but for now it remains in the latest experimental update.

Probably but there may be more to be found in there. We wouldn't have known the PC x64 executable came in it's own separate pack if we hadn't looked at the databse. I get the feeling that may be merged into the single 1.5xgb download when it goes public, but for now it remains in the latest experimental update.

Ah, I see what you mean. Sadly, most of the stuff on that site is jargon to me, I just happened to have the Depots tab open when you mentioned :D