The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

So they are no longer listing who is online via the forum frontpage? Convenient given that right before every release a half dozen normally silent Squad people suddenly appear online.

Purely a hosting issue?

I thought the same, but if 64 bit had been merged with this commit, we'd see a size increase in the normal PC build. Instead we see that one byte change.

The OSX size change is interesting though. Mac specific bug?

I would imagine if they are separate for experimentals they would be for the proper release as well. Maybe that's just how steam does 64-bit *shrugs*

So they are no longer listing who is online via the forum frontpage? Convenient given that right before every release a half dozen normally silent Squad people suddenly appear online.

Purely a hosting issue?

He just said he killed some functionality to stop the forums from keeling over.

He just said he killed some functionality to stop the forums from keeling over.

This. It has nothing to do with Squad people appearing online. If they wanted to hide that they'd adjust the setting to show themselves in their profile. We currently have over 2100 people online (normally there's about 1200)

If they are having trouble with people on the forum server, there is something they could do to distract everyone.

Im heading to the gym in about 20 minutes, hopefully I can start a large download to run for a few hours while I'm out.

Release an update on Steam, which is actually 0.23.5 but with "Fooled you!" on the main menu?

The rioting that would occur if they actually did that :D. Though if they were going to do that they should have done it with 23.5, which actually came out on April Fools Day :D

As i am a web application developer myself i am really courious about the average requests/hour this server recieves and how many bandwith it takes up.

I would really be interested to read a blog or forumpost with technical information about what it takes to keep everything up and stable during these forum abusing times.

post the FAQ?

yup that is what i am waiting on. The mysterious FAQ.... I'm hoping it comes out alongside the update but I'm beginning to think we won't get it till tomorrow or later, regardless of what our friendly Mod Rowsdower said. Things come up and must be dealt with correctly. Thank you all for your hard work! Can't wait to play it whenever it comes out :)

Y'all! I'm regularly getting errors, and now all the comments are centered aligned! Could you all please just get offline and allow me to keep refreshing for the update? I'm on vacation here and have nothing better to do and want this update now and you are all interfering with my wants! Kthxby!

(Just kidding of course.)

Y'all! I'm regularly getting errors, and now all the comments are centered aligned! Could you all please just get offline and allow me to keep refreshing for the update? I'm on vacation here and have nothing better to do and want this update now and you are all interfering with my wants! Kthxby!

(Just kidding of course.)

The centered comments etc.. were my fault, I forgot a closing thingy when adding that text on top directing you to MatoroIgnika's stream :) I figured that watching him for a bit is more entertaining than pressing F5 constantly, so I'm hoping people will go there for a bit, and by that lower the load on the forum servers of course :D

As i am a web application developer myself i am really courious about the average requests/hour this server recieves and how many bandwith it takes up.

I would really be interested to read a blog or forumpost with technical information about what it takes to keep everything up and stable during these forum abusing times.

Second this. A subject for the mid-release dead period undoubtedly but one that'd be interesting, if even from a tangentially professional angle.

In my day it was always search functionality that killed forums, these days I dunno - could be as simple as lobbing a few more gigglybytes of RAM to the virtual machine running the forums, could be some vbulletin settings, could be cache settings or connection thread limits. But yep, would be interesting from a purely (in my case only tangentially) professional angle.