Which planet is lonelier? Dres or Eeloo?

HafCoJoe

Which planet is lonelier?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which planet is lonelier?

• Dres
    • Eeloo

Definitely Eeloo - Dres at least is within other planet's orbits, but going out to Eeloo always fills me with a sense of isolation and loneliness... even Kerbol (sun) seems tiny from that distance, so it also makes me feel cold as well as all alone... Definitely sending some company with Jeb next time he goes :)

Definatly Dres, Eeloo at least knows that it will become a moon of the great and glorious GP2 while all Dres has to look forwards to is the possibility of getting a couple asteroids! Also Eeloo is a bit more colorful so it's not to bad to visit!!!

Edited by DerpenWolf

It's a tight competition, but Eeloo takes the prize because right now my space program is able to land kerbals on Dres and return while I've never managed to get close to Eeloo.

Definatly Dres, Eeloo at least knows that it will become a moon of the great and glorious GP2 while all Dres has to look forwards to is the possibility of getting a couple asteroids! Also Eeloo is a bit more colorful so it's not to bad to visit!!!

Exactly! Aditionally Eeloos orbit is atleast close to Jools for some of its time. Dres is always isolated AND it has a very high inclination (even higher then that of Eeloo).

Eeloo. Because it's so far away, icy, and so difficult to intercept. At least Dres has some nice canyons and crater walls with good views. Eeloo is just a frozen hunk of ice way out there in the darkness.

Boy, that's a tough one :confused:

So if I wanted some solitude where would I go...

-I like how distant the sun seems from Eeloo, and you're far away from any civilization.

-Dres, on the other hand is obscure, no one acknowledges it's existence - therefore a very good hideout.

Darn it, I don't know...! x-D

Dres gets my vote, because it's a forgotten planet. I've been to Eeloo quite a few times, but Dres is just a planet that always gets skipped. For me it feels lonelier because i send loads of missions to Duna and Jool, but none to Dres. You "pass" it on the way to Jool, but nobody ever bothers to take a look. And it's bot even that far off Duna, yet not even merely as interesting.

I don't really know. Last couple time I flew out there I visited them both.

But Eeloo really gets much more attention, so Dres is kinda more lonely...

Why didn't it get its own family in the last update? Everybody knows what Dres is about and what else should be there.

That depends on what you mean. Eeloo does look very cold and lonely as it's so far away, but it still seems to be a more popular destination than Dres is. Dres just doesn't seem to fill any niche that would make it interesting.

Eeloo is hard to get to because it's so far away, and Moho is hard to get to because it's so deep inside the Sun's gravity well. Eve is hard to leave and has Gilly; Kerbin is home; Duna is easy to get to and looks like Mars; and Jool is the only gas giant and has many cool moons. But Dres? Dres is just Dres. I personally like it because I think it looks awesome, but I can see that it often gets overlooked because it just got lost somewhere in the middle.

Dres is boring, its just a rock with some craters and canyons, and it looks like one of the most visited objects in the Kerbol system by the Kerbals, the Mun, so yea its quite boring

Eeloo is awesome, its a white ball of ice with brown craters, always reminds me of coffee (:D) and it's based on my favorite moon, Europa :sticktongue:

So, loneliest is Eeloo, if we're talking about how much company (planets) it has nearby.

If we're talking about how frequent people visit it, then Dres.

Dres!

It is next to every terrestrial planet.

But It never gets the credit that Eeloo does.

Dres is a very lonely rock noone likes It

The game's description :

Dres is a very small planet. It was the first planet considered to be a dwarf. Its orbit is highly irregular and together with its size it took a long time to discover since half the time it was not where scientists expected to find a planet.

Due to its nature of frequenting the bad parts of space. This dwarf planet was officially labeled as Not to be trusted by the scientific community.

Eeloo - no contest there. It's s so far away, tumbling silently through endless darkness...Kerbol is so very small. Your solar panels really struggle to keep your crew warm (and alive). Getting there takes ages, waiting for a return window twice as much. And everything warm, green and kerbal made is far, far away.

Dres for sure. Eeloo has that 'furthest from the sun' edge to it. People look to get there cause it's so independent. Dres is tiny, ugly and alone. It's a truck stop on the way to more interesting locations like Jool or Eeloo.

It is actually weird,And I thought dres at first place. It is near,but No one sees it,No one cares it,No one goes to it. Even I made just one mission to dres,while more than two to Eeloo.

I've thrown a fleet to Dres on the last three versions, because the second window to Dres after a new game is almost perfect. Dres is passing through the plane of Kerbin's orbit on arrival, so you generally don't have to make significant mid-course corrections. Of the twelve spacecraft I threw at Dres during that window on my current save, the largest mid-course correction any of them had to make was about 30 m/s.

Come to think of it, of the sun orbiting worlds I've sent Kerbals to over the last three versions, Dres is probably the one I've sent the most Kerbals to.

Whereas I haven't sent a manned mission to Eeloo since 0.18.2.

I had a thought just now - Kerbin is the loneliest planet. Sure you have a space center full of Kerbals, but other than that you're living in a post-apocalyptic wasteland with no living creatures (except trees) as far as the eye can see. The other planets are uninhabited, so there's nobody to feel lonely on them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.