Apollo was a lie, ISS does apparently not exist etc.

Dedjal

Most people believe travelling in space to the Moon is like driving a car on Earth. Turn the wheel and you turn. Push the accelerator and you go faster. And the brake is the pedal in the middle.

Most people do not understand that you have to eject mass to change speed up or down of a space ship, while getting lighter and lighter, and that you cannot carry sufficient mass with you for any trip.

I have lost my ability to even.

2. You cannot even land on Earth again! The space ship brake system does not work in the atmosphere. Earth gravity is much too strong. You or your mass will just go faster and faster. No way you can brake. Your mass and ass will burn up at re-entry!

"I have never heard of a parachute."

these men (and no women)

Spaceflight is sexist. Therefore, it doesn't exist (???).

And what is Nuclear thermal propulsion? - It heats the mass of a fluid, usually liquid hydrogen at minus 240°C, in a high, say, plus 1 200°C temperature nuclear reactor (so it doesn't melt), so that the hydrogen mass is ejected at, say, 10 000 m/s velocity through a nozzle that creates thrust to accelerate the mass of the rocket in space to enormous speed. It seems NASA has not developed the matter further. If you ask NASA why, they will not reply. Reason is that you need the same amount of fuel or mass to brake and to accelerate, but you need to carry the fuel or mass to brake with you, when you accelerate, and then ... you get too heavy. And as soon as you get close to any planet or moon, the local gravity will accelerate your mass too and attract your mass, so you will go faster and faster ... and you'll crash.

Okay, we get it. Mass. Geez.

Firstly, they haven't researched it because safety concerns (at the end of the day, you're sending nuclear stuff up into space), and because money (any practical purpose of an NTR would be very expensive since it's only effective for high delta-v, high payload tasks).

Secondly, you just described the rocket equation. You'll also notice that the rocket equation grows exponentially, but still has a solution.

Thirdly, you can dodge the planet or moon. Might want to look up "orbits".

UPDATE: This guy's started up some actual GCSE level physics. They're backing up their claims with evidence. It's a shame they missed one vital fact: rockets get lighter as they burn fuel. Had this person read up on the rocket equation, they would realise that their equations aren't very accurate. A sad case indeed.

Overall, this person understands just enough physics to back up their claims, but not enough to know that the physics they know isn't the whole story.

Edited by Holo

He posted this thing on the internet.

To use the internet, you need satellites. If his understanding of physics applies here, then those satellites shouldn't be working in their proper orbit, so no internet.

The fact that he even posted this on the internet invalidates his point.

He posted this thing on the internet.

To use the internet, you need satellites. If his understanding of physics applies here, then those satellites shouldn't be working in their proper orbit, so no internet.

The fact that he even posted this on the internet invalidates his point.

He did admit to the possibility of orbital satellites, though:

Same applies to satellites orbiting Earth high above the atmosphere. They all heat up to ~200°C, when exposed to the Sun.
It is only possible to put a satellite in empty space at great velocity using a rocket, e.g. to orbit Earth.

Sigh.

There are over 7.2 billion people on this planet.

Only about several hundred million of this 7 billion people are scientifically litterate.

And a part of those several hundred million are qualified as scientifically litterate in their own specific professions and shouldn't be allowed to process conclusions with inadequate intelligence on subjects they do not master.

The other billions of people are either accepting the facts about spacetravel or trying to make fools of themselves with phony conspiracies.

I agree with Sal_vager. Obviously I clicked the link because it was presented to me. I would never take personal initiative to give it attention.

Al I wish is that mankind woud somehow come together. That knowledge of the mind would become a sport to all of the 7billion people out there and that we can finally in the future get rid of these FOOLS.

I am of the cordial opinion... That I now have brain cancer.

Please excuse me while I retreat to the Angry Dome and vent my frustration carefully into every breakable object within range.

Overall, this person understands just enough physics to back up their claims, but not enough to know that the physics they know isn't the whole story.

That's not unique to that site - you see it here on the forums, too - people who think a Class E asteroid would lead to a world extinction event, people who think "gyroscopic inertial propulsion" could work... examples abound.

I agree with Sal - it is futility to attempt to reason with irrational people.

I came across a Russian community that claims ALL space flights starting with Gagarin till the latest ISS supply missions are fake! There are mad people in every country, I guess.

I just have one question. Why would you do this to us? why would you share that? words can not describe how angry i am now. Especially because i have no way to prove anything to him , and even if i did, it wouldnt do anything. although i do have to say, my favorite sentence of the whole thing is definitely this one right here. "Imagine your moving space ship - Apollo 13 - is suddenly attracted by moving Moon gravity that swings you around 180° and then Moon gravity stops and Earth gravity takes over again. Magic!"

Um..how about physics? Gah. I wanna rant about this so bad. Hold me back. HOLD ME BACK!!!! :mad:

So bascially, someone told him moon landing was fake, he didn't believe them

later he did math wrong, and now believes them, and won't listen to anyone else cuz obviously he's smarter than anyone else, so all he'll do is trust his wrong math.

He should go talk to the time cube guy.

This guy's brain is on backwards, and is brain is rotting.

For example, he doesn't know what a parachute is.

2. You cannot even land on Earth again! The space ship brake system does not work in the atmosphere. Earth gravity is much too strong. You or your mass will just go faster and faster. No way you can brake. Your mass and ass will burn up at re-entry!

Or that he has no brain cells...

Regarding the The People's Republic of China's Moon landing it was apparently remotely controlled by these men (and no women) on below funny photo:

On below funny picture. What is that, I don't even...

Oh, and he also thinks THAT THE US NEVER NUKED HIROSHIMA. Ok, sure, without a basic understanding of how fuel works, I could understand that you think we can't go to the moon... but a nuke has a LOT of evidence...

TD;DR: Don't waste your brain cells on that web site. Just don't.

EDIT:

This guy doesn't even.

He thinks he does. I can't after reading that.

Edited by pigletx2
Adding on stuff...

He just haaaad to be in the maritime industry. Just haaad to be.

Oceanic exploration shares a rivalry with space exploration.

Some are more fanatical toward one side or another, and considering that this guy has based his entire fortune, career, and life around oceanic exploration, he may be trying to lash out and delude some people into thinking space exploration is just a hoax.

I have endless fun telling people at the office that the landings were faked. Careful, detailed explanations that the whole thing was faked. They even had to fake that Apollo 13 "accident", because the moon sets were damaged, and it took them a while to rebuild them. Of course, we lost all the sets when the building collapsed, so we started faking the Skylab thing, and paid off the Russians to help us fake the ASTP. After that, of course, the Apollo models were accidentally destroyed by one of the guys who had too much whiskey for breakfast, and they had to build new models of the shuttle.

Of course, they stopped letting me roll down the windows when I told tourists on the passing trams that it was all faked on a sound stage. Or telling them that the landings were fake, but the pictures are real.

Dunno about you guys but I think that whole planet Earth story is one big lie. The Moon orbits Earth, right? I see the moon at least several times a week clearly in the sky. But why can't I see Earth, despite the planet being much bigger than the Moon?

Dunno about you guys but I think that whole planet Earth story is one big lie. The Moon orbits Earth, right? I see the moon at least several times a week clearly in the sky. But why can't I see Earth, despite the planet being much bigger than the Moon?

OMG do you even look?

The moon is huger than the earth all the way. It takes up like half the sky on a dark night. The Earth takes up...like no sky.

The Earth takes up...like no sky.

Why would you trust the sky? The sky is in on it!

Does the "sky" even exist? Pilots and astronauts supposedly travel through it all the time, but have you ever seen a piece of it that they brought back?