[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

WOW! So many congrats! Thanks so much guys! I'm super excited, like, surfing the hype train with nothing but my Mk2 pants on...

Don't worry Zodius. If anything, those modifications will bring this even closer to my original vision. I honestly think it's to the better.

They certainly will! They are arguably the most important parts of this pack.

Woo!

Any chance that they're sorting the cargo bay attachment wiggles while they're at it? Or that thing where sometimes the fuselage and cargo bay pieces attach with one a smidgeon lower than the other?

BTW: I found a bit of weirdness yesterday while I was building something. I wanted to construct a rear section from three bicouplers; one forwards, two reversed, in a W-shape, then another two on back to give me four engine mounting spots and a pair of forward facing nodes for tanks and intakes.

However, trying to use symmetry on this caused the mirrored piece to constantly flick back and forwards between the occupied and unoccupied nodes, flashing from green to red. If you kept clicking, it would eventually attach...but on the wrong node:

screenshot444_zps1a439886.png

And if you do it with engines on, they'll clip into each other without the debug menu:

screenshot445_zps93834204.png

I worked around it by not using symmetry, but that meant that I then couldn't use symmetry for the wings. Not impossible to deal with, but a bit awkward.

Is this a known issue?

Edited by Wanderfound

Woo!

Any chance that they're sorting the cargo bay attachment wiggles while they're at it? Or that thing where sometimes the fuselage and cargo bay pieces attach with one a smidgeon lower than the other?

BTW: I found a bit of weirdness yesterday while I was building something. I wanted to construct a rear section from three bicouplers; one forwards, two reversed, in a W-shape, then another two on back to give me four engine mounting spots and a pair of forward facing nodes for tanks and intakes.

However, trying to use symmetry on this caused the mirrored piece to constantly flick back and forwards between the occupied and unoccupied nodes, flashing from green to red. If you kept clicking, it would eventually attach...but on the wrong node:

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah120/craigmotbey/Kerbal/screenshot444_zps1a439886.png

And if you do it with engines on, they'll clip into each other without the debug menu:

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah120/craigmotbey/Kerbal/screenshot445_zps93834204.png

I worked around it by not using symmetry, but that meant that I then couldn't use symmetry for the wings. Not impossible to deal with, but a bit awkward.

Is this a known issue?

KSP symmetry has some bugs. I can pretty consistently crash KSP by trying to attach certain parts to certain other parts symmetrically at times that KSP thinks that the attachment is invalid

Congratulations on getting the deal, Porkjet! You deserve it- this and the habitat pack are among the best made, most polished mods around here :)

*keeps fingers crossed that the payload bay gets implemented as well*

Congratulations Porkwork

Sir, you very much deserve it. So happy about this news, that I renamed my latest project. It´s now called the "Porkules". ;)

T5h0I4x.png

Can´t believe she´ll be stock soon :D

If I may, I´d like to ask 2 questions:

1. Will those parts you showcased lately be included? I´ve been a bit premature ´bout them, and there are two designs in my hangar waiting on them already. :blush:

2. About one month ago, we had a (very) little conversation about the abillity to toggle heatshields on and off on the wingparts. Did you manage to sell that idea to squad, too?

Somewhere inside me, there is still that 8 year old boy with spaceshuttle-bedclothes, who wants the belly of a spaceplane to be black. :cool:

Edit: http://www./view/6w5r5rorufzsbc9/PORKULES.craft

Edited by KerrMü

If only there was a Mk2 to 2.5m adapter...

Congrats Porkjet, great to see your excellent work recognized and rewarded. I hope your next project is just as successful.

Congrats! Fully deserved for work of the highest quality. Hope those preview tailpieces get in, and that Squad consider adding future Porkjet items if they fit as well as these do in stock.

Here's also hoping that we get a fourth option on control surfaces called 'airbrake' alongside pitch/yaw/roll.

Pleased we're getting cargo bays in stock, at long, long last!

congrats!!! hope near future pack gets the same treatment too!!

I love Near Future to death, but I can't see it becoming stock like Spaceplane+

For starters, the Near Future parts aren't quite stock-alike in their design. Also, it adds a LOT of new fuel types, new engine types with unusual features, and a dizzying array of ways to power those engines. I'm sure that less experienced players would be confused to no end if Near Future became stock.

I do think that more ion engines and 1 or 2 kinds of plasma thrusters should come to stock KSP eventually, but in a much more simplified system.

Edited by jfull

I love Near Future to death, but I can't see it becoming stock like Spaceplane+

For starters, the Near Future parts aren't quite stock-alike in their design. Also, it adds a LOT of new fuel types, new engine types with unusual features, and a dizzying array of ways to power those engines. I'm sure that less experienced players would be confused to no end if Near Future became stock.

I do think that more ion engines and 1 or 2 kinds of plasma thrusters should come to stock KSP eventually, but in a much more simplified system.

I definitely agree with respect to the electric+argon/hydrogen propulsion and the fission reactor parts. However, nearly all of the electrical storage, solar, construction, spaceship, and new station parts fit beautifully with the stock game.

Edited by monolith

I'm getting the "crashed into launch pad" bug on every single flight in which I'm using SP+ parts, whenever I leave a craft in orbit, switch to another craft, time warp, and then switch back to the SP+ craft. It either explodes immediately upon physics load, or (once) just a few seconds before I touched down on the runway after deorbiting.

My only mods are KER, FinePrint, SP+, and the Firespitter DLL. I tried updating the Firespitter DLL myself to the latest version and there was no difference.

Any ideas? The only other time I've seen this error is in RSS games, when the high time warp factors were used.

Congrats for sure. If this means we're finally getting a cargo bay, even if it's only a medium-sized, odd-shaped one, I'm all for this buyout.

edit: I do hope we see an adapter part that sizes up, though. The MK2 parts only have adapter parts that go from MK2 → Small and MK3 → MK2. If we're whipping out odd-shaped parts we'll need all sorts of adapter parts, which makes for cumbersome designing.

Edited by Franklin