[1.2.x] Part Angle Display - including seamless, highly accurate rotation v0.3.2.4

Padishar

@Padishar: Looks like part angle display is being affected by the code bug when used with contract configurator. Works fine if I uninstall CC but the icon won't appear if it is installed. I  believe the fix is a simple code addition/change. Not sure if you were aware of the issue.

More details here: 

1 hour ago, theersink said:

@Padishar: Looks like part angle display is being affected by the code bug when used with contract configurator. Works fine if I uninstall CC but the icon won't appear if it is installed. I  believe the fix is a simple code addition/change. Not sure if you were aware of the issue.

No, I wasn't really aware of it, thanks.  I've made the required fix and will try to get a new release out in the next couple of hours...

Edit: Version 0.3.2.2 is now released to fix this issue.

Edited by Padishar

@Padishar

An incompatibility between PAD and Editor Extensions has been reported:

EER and PAD causes parts to rotate at offset angles and tilts the parts when rotating. Almost looks like the part is rotating around an invisible sphere instead of the surface of the part. Uninstalled PAD and rotation went back to normal. Not a big deal for me as I don't use PAD much. Might cause other issues though with editor, i only tried with rotation.

on the EER thread.  Please contact me to discuss

LGG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

Could you maybe update the version file in the github release download, that CKAN lists it correct again? ATM there's two times ksp_version_min inside. I assume you wanted ksp_version=1.2.2 and ksp_version_min=1.2.0?

I've just released 0.3.2.4 that should fix the .version file to correctly support KSP 1.2.0, 1.2.1 and 1.2.2.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:00 AM, Padishar said:

I've just released 0.3.2.4 that should fix the .version file to correctly support KSP 1.2.0, 1.2.1 and 1.2.2.

CKAN metadata still lists only v0.3.2.2, do I have your permission to mention this to the CKAN folks?

4 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

CKAN metadata still lists only v0.3.2.2, do I have your permission to mention this to the CKAN folks?

I would say do it... for any reason CKAN hasn't picked the release up, yet.
I wonder if this could be caused by a missing KSP_VERSION field in the .version file. According the AVC specification it is optional, but required for MIN/MAX.

2 hours ago, MisterFister said:

Sure, I've not been directly involved with the listing on CKAN so feel free to poke someone to update it...

2 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

I wonder if this could be caused by a missing KSP_VERSION field in the .version file. According the AVC specification it is optional, but required for MIN/MAX.

Hmmm, didn't notice that, sorry.  I'll fix the online .version file but I don't want to to do another release to fix the version in the download unless it is absolutely necessary...

3 minutes ago, Padishar said:

Sure, I've not been directly involved with the listing on CKAN so feel free to poke someone to update it...

Hmmm, didn't notice that, sorry.  I'll fix the online .version file but I don't want to to do another release to fix the version in the download unless it is absolutely necessary...

My understanding is that CKAN derives versioning from the .version file as well.  Pushing an update that packages that fix might be helpful on the CKAN side of things.

7 hours ago, Padishar said:

I can fully understand this. I got the information, that CKAN fetches the version files out of the download on a regular basis. So it would be enough to update the .version file in the download, without making it a new release. In the end it's your choice. :) o/

7 hours ago, MisterFister said:

My understanding is that CKAN derives versioning from the .version file as well.  Pushing an update that packages that fix might be helpful on the CKAN side of things.

Yes.  If there is an embedded .version file, CKAN will use that since you have the following in the .netkan:

"$vref" : "#/ckan/ksp-avc", 

I could remove that and override it, but then what's the use of it?  Don't forget, the AVC mod uses it to check for the correct versions, so if it is incorrect in the file, it's a problem.

You could just update the file on Github without doing a new release, if you do, let me know and I'll make sure CKAN rechecks it

@Padishar

I have a "small" problem, that entering a vehicle name with B or G always switches my angles. This is a little bit annoying, cause one didn't notices it immidiately. Would it maybe be possible to add a small "lock" button that enables and disables hotkeys for a function? I for example don't use them that often. So one could lock the hotkeys and use the GUI when needed. :) Just as an idea.

20 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

I have a "small" problem, that entering a vehicle name with B or G always switches my angles. This is a little bit annoying, cause one didn't notices it immidiately. Would it maybe be possible to add a small "lock" button that enables and disables hotkeys for a function? I for example don't use them that often. So one could lock the hotkeys and use the GUI when needed. :) Just as an idea.

Hmmm, I thought I'd made that interlock correctly with text entry controls but I must either be mistaken or the UI changes with Unity5 have interfered in some way.  I'll try to take a look soon and sort it out...

27 minutes ago, Padishar said:

Hmmm, I thought I'd made that interlock correctly with text entry controls but I must either be mistaken or the UI changes with Unity5 have interfered in some way.  I'll try to take a look soon and sort it out...

Just as info, for me it seems that many / all mods have the same problem. Just with PAD it's a little annoying (at least for me). Cause one starts building, have a part on the mouse and then recognizes, that the angle is wrong again and one didn't know which setting it is. However, I've just checked, ALT-B and ALT-G could help by resetting it to default. I didn't had remembered these.

33 minutes ago, Padishar said:

I'm pretty sure it's a KSP bug

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm pretty sure it's a KSP bug

Well, while the text caret is in an old style GUI text control it does seem to be ignored but not when in the new style stock controls.  No input lock is set while the caret is in the ship name or description controls but the stock KSP key shortcuts (c, x etc) don't get triggered when typing so there must be some way of doing it...

Edit: it looks like the editor probably avoids problems with the name and description controls by using the EditorLogic.NameOrDescriptionFocused() function...

Edited by Padishar

• 4 weeks later...
On 3.1.2017 at 1:41 PM, Padishar said:
On 3.1.2017 at 11:03 AM, Jebs_SY said:

I would say do it... for any reason CKAN hasn't picked the release up, yet.

@Padishar

It would be cool, if you could add the stuff below to the .version file in the  0.3.2.4-release zip file on githubCKAN still installs 0.3.2.2 for the people. I think that's because CKAN ignores the .version file cause this field is missing. So it doesn't pick up the update. I can fix the install myself, but other people may be happy to get the newest version via CKAN. :) o/
If you want. You didn't need to push a new release out for that only. I think it's enough to update the .version file in the zip and upload it on github. Or is this not possible? Never released something on github.

EDIT: I think Hebarusan found the cause, there is a missing comma in the 0.3.2.4 .version file.

EDIT: On the other hand, why not just push an update. For the CKAN users it's just on click to update. And I assume most people use CKAN nowadays. And the digits for the versions will not run out to soon. :D:wink:

Edited by Jebs_SY

What do you have to do to disable hotkeys for this mod?  I read the OP release notes, I edited the config to put all hotkeys on things I won't hit in ordinary use (keys like _ + * ~) but every time I load it's reset back to default.  I understand the hotkey problem is deep in KSP and affects all mods, but for this one in particular I just want to disable all keys and have it permanently locked to 90 and 1 increments unless I use the OSD to change it.

Any hints how to do that?  Thanks

12 hours ago, fourfa said:

What do you have to do to disable hotkeys for this mod?  I read the OP release notes, I edited the config to put all hotkeys on things I won't hit in ordinary use (keys like _ + * ~) but every time I load it's reset back to default.  I understand the hotkey problem is deep in KSP and affects all mods, but for this one in particular I just want to disable all keys and have it permanently locked to 90 and 1 increments unless I use the OSD to change it.

Any hints how to do that?  Thanks

You should be able to set them to None, e.g.

keyCycleRotate = None

• 2 months later...

I don't like that typing something, for example the craft name or the description or inside the filter extension or QuickSearch toggles the Part Angle settings again and again.
I just want to rotate a part as used to and it's rotating in tiny steps...

After opening the part angle display UI I see normal rotate is set to 1° and fine rotate is set to 90° ... what, seriously.

I guess there are two three issues in Unity (shame on Unity, which is a bad decision after all):
- Click-through windows
- "Type-through" recognition out of text forms typed into (search field etc.)
- Garbage collection

So what to do?

Edited by Gordon Dry

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.