[1.0.4] KSPAPIExtensions V1.7.5 - Utilities for shared mod use 25 Jun

swamp_ig

(Was told to post this here.)

Seems that this, what do you call it, API? changes the tweakable fuel amount increments to a tiny value, and I must say that no, sir, I don't like it. What's the utility for this? It makes it impossible to maintain the correct ratio of liquid fuel and oxidiser with the increments so small, and it's effectively keeping me from installing any mods using this API, as the benefits of any mod in question do not outweigh the nuisance of effectively not having access to tweakable functionality for LFO containers.

Lexx Thai: taniwha and I have been try to fix PP since the day this was released. I'm sorry I didn't test PP more thoroughly before release, but it *does* work fine with saved craft, which was the extent of my testing.

Bomoo: I don't see how it makes it harder--with a finer step, it makes it *easier* in some ways, since you can more precisely set how much of each you want. Just set one of the values to what you want, and set the other value to the correct ratio. Presto.

I came here to say I encountered the same thing as Bomoo. And I agree with his assessment. Having too-fine of control over some tweakables does make it more difficult since it is more hassle to get the right ratio (rather than just , and with the granularity of the modification seemingly dependent on your KSP screen resolution (per-pixel sliding of the bar), there may be situations where it is impossible to perfectly balance LF to Ox because the correct number you need is some decimal you cannot choose because one pixel too short or too far makes you straddle around the correct value. It's also annoying to have to fiddle with pixel-level precision on the bar (I get enough of that in trying to place parts, I don't need more).

I also ran into some instances where these fine-grained adjustments do not propagate properly across symmetry. Example, I have a rocket with twin solid boosters, one per side. I tweak the solid fuel amount in one to say 2505.43/3000 (because I cannot get it to adjust to a round number), the other ends up with 2500.27/3000 for some reason. I go to adjust the second one to match and now the first one is off. The two never get in sync. The result is that the twin boosters produce slightly different TWR on launch (gets slowly worse with time due to offset being larger fraction of total mass) and slightly upsets the balance of the rocket. Worse, one booster burns out slightly before the other causing a LARGE upset in craft attitude on ascent, usually unrecoverable in most situations.

The ideal situation would be for the user to be able to enter exact values directly into the text field which is a fairly common method when combined with spin buttons and sliders. There are many places throughout KSP where this would be desirable.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a great plead to make: that the information of KSPAPIE version currently used by a mod would be icluded in the first post of mod's thread by an author. It would ease great deal of concern to people using excessive number of addons, like me. Thanks for your consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2 KAE DLLs i have are both version 1.7.0, yet i can't resize procedural fairing bases, which in its FAQ tells me it's because one of the other mods using this is outdated...

Procedural Fairings, Klockheed_Martian_Smart_Parts are the only ones i have.

So i'm confused...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hello can some one tell me what i'am i to do to fix this?

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Klockheed_Martian_SSE/Parts/Tanks/mid-small/S3/km-tank-mid-small-2'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Exception when attempting to register listener: KM_Lib.KM_Stager, km_SmartParts, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.changeListener

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

ArgumentException: Message argument is null

at KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.PartMessageListener..ctor (System.Type delegateType, PartRelationship relations, GameSceneFilter scenes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.GetCustomAttributes (Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.ServiceImpl.Register[KM_Stager] (KM_Lib.KM_Stager obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)

UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)

Part:AddModule(String)

Part:AddModule(ConfigNode)

PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)

:MoveNext()

(Filename: Line: -1)

There is no game crashing but i do feel some slow down in performance

i;am using Space shuttle engines & smart parts mod (and i know kspapi extension is a dependency), i just don't know witch version i should have,

KSPAPIExtensions.dll is in the plugins folder of the Smart parts mod, i tried putting an older version alongside the latest but then the right clik menu is broken.

should i have another version somewhere else? thx

KSP 0.25x32

here are the log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlgc9p7es31dhar/KSP%20API.rar?dl=0

You should not be swapping around DLLs that come with mods. Install the mod as the readme dictates. The mod will be compiled for a given version of KSPAPIExtensions, and will ship with that version; that's the version it should use. If the mod is causing errors on .25, the mod will need to be updated. Sadly Space Shuttle Engines is in limbo right now because dtobi has offered it up for a successor, but hasn't gotten back to any applicants...

You should not be swapping around DLLs that come with mods. Install the mod as the readme dictates. The mod will be compiled for a given version of KSPAPIExtensions, and will ship with that version; that's the version it should use. If the mod is causing errors on .25, the mod will need to be updated. Sadly Space Shuttle Engines is in limbo right now because dtobi has offered it up for a successor, but hasn't gotten back to any applicants...

ok i thought as much,anyway i solved the problem by removing Module KM_Stager from part files that one was causing problems and now it;s all good

• 1 month later...
0.90 no likey KSPAPIextensions ;.; Anybody else get this? I guess you could say; "somebody beta fix this dll" (*drum roll)

This thing breaks down with every update - taking down any mod that is unfortunate enough to use it. I just wish there was less-fragile choice...

biohazard15: you and me both, and I have the unfortunate duty of updating the darn thing :P.

I have pushed the tag for v1.7.2 with fixes for 0.90. Note that the GameScene filter won't work for SPH vs VAB, but I just don't care. Checking EditorDriver.editorFacility is cleaner :P.

NathanKell: if you can do your thing, other modders will rejoice :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.