[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

37 minutes ago, T'Flok said:

I meant overall, since the last time I was on (which was when 1.0.5 came out)?

Still the same, unfortunately. 
I lost a lot of interest in IVAs after the switch to DDS made creating them even more frustrating (hard to place props correctly when they show untextured).

Part Tools 1.1 has some promising features, so we may see some eventually, but who knows.

Edited by Beale

5 hours ago, Beale said:

Still the same, unfortunately. 
I lost a lot of interest in IVAs after the switch to DDS made creating them even more frustrating (hard to place props correctly when they show untextured).

Part Tools 1.1 has some promising features, so we may see some eventually, but who knows.

Ah, wasn't aware but it's understandable.

In any case. Can't play KSP without your mod anyway. It's still one of the best parts mod next to KSOS station parts and a lot of the spacecraft I was planning to build need them.

Gave 1.1 a try today but.. uhh, yeah. No Tantares, no KSP. :( It's okay though, I can wait for mods to catch up.

39 minutes ago, T'Flok said:

Can't play KSP without your mod anyway.

This, I had to make a separate folder from the 1.05 Steam release before updating to 1.1, still using Tantares. 

Edited by Danny88

15 hours ago, Danny88 said:

This, I had to make a separate folder from the 1.05 Steam release before updating to 1.1, still using Tantares. 

15 hours ago, T'Flok said:

Ah, wasn't aware but it's understandable.

In any case. Can't play KSP without your mod anyway. It's still one of the best parts mod next to KSOS station parts and a lot of the spacecraft I was planning to build need them.

Gave 1.1 a try today but.. uhh, yeah. No Tantares, no KSP. :( It's okay though, I can wait for mods to catch up.

1 hour ago, Trem Fantasma said:

I need this update so hard to play without it

59 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

It works just fine as-is at the moment. Don't know of too many things that are broken. 

As curtquarquesso says, it works absolutely fine currently. Only things that are "broken" include:

• Monopropellant & Xenon tanks are incorrectly balanced.
  • Can't tag search for parts.
  • The few IVAs in the mod look a little poor in the cutaway view, without proper depth masks.

So I encourage you to enjoy 1.1! :) 

By the way, if there is something actually broken you find in 1.1, let me know.

I would like to recommend Brackets for config editing! Great stuff... 
I may have to write a configuration for KSP config files, it's so handy to collapse modules & resources!
Edit: the "Properties" syntax mode that is included by standard with Brackets is pretty much perfect for config files.

eb6d32150f.png

Edited by Beale

T A N T A R E S L V
V.16

• - Proton Revamp (craft breaking)
  • - Black Arrow Revamp (craft breaking)
  • - Black Prince Revamp (craft breaking)
  • - Black Knight Revamp (craft breaking)
  • - added search tags
  • - huge name cleanup
  • - huge bulkhead profile cleanup
  • - added names, manufacturer and descriptions to Ariane parts.

Finally, some form of 1.1 compatibility.
This is only for TantaresLV, as the smaller and much easier to manage mod. But, Tantares is just around the corner.

Any bugs, let me know!

Bonus Proton Mun mission (not enough fuel to get back!)

4cfeac413f.jpg
e50859899c.jpg
3bf9e70644.jpg

Edited by Beale

Congrats on another release! Testing now.

Could someone confirm a bug with ATV's Monopropellant engine? For some reason, I can only attach parts to either the top node, or the bottom node, but not parts to both nodes at once. Very strange. There's also some weirdest with the docking port being semi-transparent when looking at it at just the right angle, and the shroud as well. I know there are some weird transparency problems in 1.1 in general.

Also, the new Knight reaction wheel is in the wrong category.

Edited by curtquarquesso

On 21.4.2016 at 11:34 PM, Beale said:

Just make a working copy of the props folder(s) and then use a batch converter to change the .dds files back to TGA. I found using irfanview ok, as it features everything you need (especially flipping y-direction)

Here is a quick tut on such mass conversion with irfanview (over many folders): https://irfanview-forum.de/showthread.php?t=2251 (its in english even as this is a german forum)

14 hours ago, kopapaka said:

screenshot2_1.jpg?ver=0

Nice!
I do not see the Fregat used so much, it's really good to see it in crafts.

10 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

Congrats on another release! Testing now.

Could someone confirm a bug with ATV's Monopropellant engine? For some reason, I can only attach parts to either the top node, or the bottom node, but not parts to both nodes at once. Very strange. There's also some weirdest with the docking port being semi-transparent when looking at it at just the right angle, and the shroud as well. I know there are some weird transparency problems in 1.1 in general.

Also, the new Knight reaction wheel is in the wrong category.

Cannot confirm the ATV bug right now, but the reaction wheel has been fixed :) 

2 hours ago, InsaneDruid said:

Just make a working copy of the props folder(s) and then use a batch converter to change the .dds files back to TGA. I found using irfanview ok, as it features everything you need (especially flipping y-direction)

Here is a quick tut on such mass conversion with irfanview (over many folders): https://irfanview-forum.de/showthread.php?t=2251 (its in english even as this is a german forum)

Nice tip! I should have though of that :blush:

Also trying to do the lightmaps in Unity to take advantage of the new IVA shader, but no success yet.

Edited by Beale

14 minutes ago, woo_reentry_is_cool_dude said:

uuuuugh , how to make a soyuz launcher not launch my soyuz to duna ?

Use a 2x or 3x rescale. Making real life rockets scaled down to the kerbal parts leaves them too big for everything, leaving them overpowered. Basically if you build a realistically proportioned rocket in stock KSP you'll have way too much dV.

I haven't looked at all of them, but it seems all the stock parts have now move to the (supposedly) depreciated mesh= tag.  The newer ones used to use MODEL {...} and I'm guessing this was squads work around for the root part doesn't scale properly on reload bug.

Just FWIW.

2 minutes ago, tg626 said:

I haven't looked at all of them, but it seems all the stock parts have now move to the (supposedly) depreciated mesh= tag.  The newer ones used to use MODEL {...} and I'm guessing this was squads work around for the root part doesn't scale properly on reload bug.

Just FWIW.

Hello!

I'm not quite sure I am following, there seems to be a mix of "mesh=" and "MODEL{}" scattered throughout the stock parts.

It would be really neat to be able to use "mesh=" I think, if it worked correctly.

MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/LF_50
	}
name = mk2Cockpit_Inline
	module = Part
	author = Porkjet
	mesh = model.mu

13 minutes ago, tg626 said:

I'll have to run textcrawler on the parts folder to be sure, but I thought I was finding mesh= being used where earlier versions had the MODEL {...} node...

Ah I see!

That would be an interesting change for sure.

3 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Ahh! It seems the Proton now flips every time I launch it! It also doesn't look like the engines gimbal much, so that might be it!

Does the payload or rocket have any reaction wheels or linear thrusters? I think I would recommend those due to all the aero problems.

Also, the Soyuz fins that were just released are a good fit for the proton in 3x or 6x symmetry. 

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Does the payload or rocket have any reaction wheels or linear thrusters? I think I would recommend those due to all the aero problems.

Also, the Soyuz fins that were just released are a good fit for the proton in 3x or 6x symmetry. 

The payload and rocket both have reaction wheels. I'll try the fins. 

Edited by VenomousRequiem
Silly phone...

T A N T A R E S

V.34

• - Fuji revamp (craft breaking)
  • - Removed Gemini (craft breaking)
  • - added search tags
  • - huge name cleanup
  • - removed defunct MM patches.

1.1 compatible now. On Spacedock and Curse.
Upload on SpaceDock is being problematic, but the update is available on Curse right now.

Let me know of any bugs.

074be4daea.jpg

Edited by Beale

19 minutes ago, Beale said:

T A N T A R E S

V.34

• - Fuji revamp (craft breaking)
  • - added search tags
  • - huge name cleanup
  • - removed defunct MM patches.

1.1 compatible now. On Spacedock and Curse.
Upload on SpaceDock is being problematic, but the update is available on Curse right now.

Let me know of any bugs.

074be4daea.jpg

Yay! I can use it now!