[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, SheepDog2142 said:

Idk if this is still in development but any chance of supporting  VABOrganizer?
Huge step forward on part organization.

https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/VABOrganizer
Screenshot_54.png?ex=66bf7830&is=66be26b

ZEOLkQR.png

Already am lmao.

But yes, I'll do a pass of the bulkhead profiles to make sure it's up to shape.

Edited by Beale

48 minutes ago, Beale said:

ZEOLkQR.png

Already am lmao.

But yes, I'll do a pass of the bulkhead profiles to make sure it's up to shape.

Thanks!

All of your parts just get thrown into Miscellaneous so it really doesn't help due to them not having the right labels. Looking forward to it!

QjFGXi5.png

5P23GPV.png

If you don't have Systemheat installed, I believe this will have to act basically as a giant overpowered RTG. Not really a great way to do a nuclear reactor in stock. Open to ideas though.

Are you sure the engine placement is correct? 
hzE8Plc.png
"Mars 1986" with a 2 nuclear reactor is essentially the same Aelita MEK 1969 project, but with duplication of nuclear reactors. It seems that in case of failure, the second section can be undocked, and the ship will continue to fly on one nuclear reactor. In this case, the engine on the side makes this absolutely impossible. The only major difference is that the mars lander was redesigned, since it was no longer possible to place it in front of the ship.

32 minutes ago, EvilSpace said:

Are you sure the engine placement is correct? 
hzE8Plc.png
"Mars 1986" with a 2 nuclear reactor is essentially the same Aelita MEK 1969 project, but with duplication of nuclear reactors. It seems that in case of failure, the second section can be undocked, and the ship will continue to fly on one nuclear reactor. In this case, the engine on the side makes this absolutely impossible. The only major difference is that the mars lander was redesigned, since it was no longer possible to place it in front of the ship.

The engine placement is correct. See below. MEK used longer narrower engine sections than  Aelita. (And I know they're both  MEK, I'm just using different names for simplicity sake)

1de851e6-1c77-4054-83be-69466115541a_115

Edited by GoldForest

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

The engine placement is correct. See below. MEK used longer narrower engine sections than  Aelita. (And I know they're both  MEK, I'm just using different names for simplicity sake)

1de851e6-1c77-4054-83be-69466115541a_115

With this diagram I have to ask, are there any plans to have the telescoping radiator sections slide over the additional working fluid tanks?

27 minutes ago, ArgentBlue said:

With this diagram I have to ask, are there any plans to have the telescoping radiator sections slide over the additional working fluid tanks?

You should ping @Beale when quoting me. That way your question doesnt get missed by them. I'm not on the Tantares team. :D

Does anyone know more details about MK-700? This is an alternative to MEK, using NTR like RD-0410 / RD-0411.
The problem is that I haven't found anything more than that:
r8aXRW0.jpeg

I have no idea where or how the Mars lander is hidden here. There are no details at all. I'm afraid that since these were secret projects on paper, details of how this monster works could only be given by Chelomey himself if he were still alive.

If anything - the very top is the big TKS (what Tantares name Big VA). Other parts are available from ReStock and NFLV (RD-0411 and large fuel tanks) Mars lander will most likely to Tantares custom LK-700. But... without details it's difficult.

Edited by EvilSpace

On 8/17/2024 at 11:40 AM, EvilSpace said:

In this case, the engine on the side makes this absolutely impossible.

What if the reactor is heavy enough so the centre of gravity is close to the engine? Plus or minus some possibility of thrust vector offset (not nessesarily in flight, perhaps the thrust is angled from the start)? 

21 hours ago, EvilSpace said:

Does anyone know more details about MK-700? This is an alternative to MEK, using NTR like RD-0410 / RD-0411.
The problem is that I haven't found anything more than that:
r8aXRW0.jpeg

I have no idea where or how the Mars lander is hidden here. There are no details at all. I'm afraid that since these were secret projects on paper, details of how this monster works could only be given by Chelomey himself if he were still alive.

If anything - the very top is the big TKS (what Tantares name Big VA). Other parts are available from ReStock and NFLV (RD-0411 and large fuel tanks) Mars lander will most likely to Tantares custom LK-700. But... without details it's difficult.

Haven't seen this one, I'd be interested to know more if you can find anything.

32 minutes ago, NiL said:

What if the reactor is heavy enough so the centre of gravity is close to the engine? Plus or minus some possibility of thrust vector offset (not nessesarily in flight, perhaps the thrust is angled from the start)? 

This is the answer, as far as I can tell. Elsewise the torque should also be so tiny with those electric engines that it can be easily counteracted with gyros.

This... won't work in KSP since I've buffed their thrust heavily.  But it's fun to think about.

6 hours ago, Beale said:

Haven't seen this one, I'd be interested to know more if you can find anything.

This Mars project of Chelomey is on Astronautix, and there is also on "russianspaceweb".
MK-700 (astronautix.com)
It should be launched on UR-700M (an even more monstrous version UR-700) or UR-900. 
Although, after reading it again (and many many more times), I realized that most likely these are images MK-700 option for flying around Mars without landing.

Edited by EvilSpace

Hello again, Beale!
I really love the recent Mars Expedition teasers, and was wondering, will there be an early access version anytime soon, and when do you intend to post the full mod?
Also, I know its a lot, but it'd be amazing to consider including other trinkets like Venus TMK Spacecraft, MK-700 outer planetary prototypes, Surface Bases, Kosmoplan, and definitely an LKS shuttle, (I beg you please) and so on.

Thanks! (Did I miss the LK revamp or is that in the Mars Expedition?)

Edited by LmIkks77
Addition - Conformation about LK updates

33 minutes ago, LmIkks77 said:

Hello again, Beale!
I really love the recent Mars Expedition teasers, and was wondering, will there be an early access version anytime soon, and when do you intend to post the full mod?
Also, I know its a lot, but it'd be amazing to consider including other trinkets like Venus TMK Spacecraft, MK-700 outer planetary prototypes, Surface Bases, Kosmoplan, and definitely an LKS shuttle, (I beg you please) and so on.

Knes has the LKS, or rather an LKS derived.

2 hours ago, LmIkks77 said:

Hello again, Beale!

A kind of early access can be achieved by downloading the latest commit on the GitHub repository, if you exit the releases and go the front page of the repository you can click the big green code button and download the latest indev stuff as a .zip

(yes ik the image refers to HT2 but it's the same process)

Screenshot2024070614.png

2 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

A kind of early access can be achieved by downloading the latest commit on the GitHub repository, if you exit the releases and go the front page of the repository you can click the big green code button and download the latest indev stuff as a .zip

Screenshot2024070614.png

Hello! Thank you so much for this. Does this include the LK lander?

22 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

Screenshot2024070614.png

Hello Again! I've had some troubles

I'm not sure whether I should download both, merge, or use the demo only, can you confirm how to do it correctly?