[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

That... Works?

Yep, they are inc. :)

Congratulations!

I'll have to work your name into a description or texture somewhere...

An impressive mission absolutely!

The launcher is pretty much all stock from the looks of it too, that's real cool.

Thanks! The launcher is stock. I set myself limits of only using Tantares and Stock. MechJeb was there, but I only used it for info during the launch. I flew the stack to orbit manually.

Now that I have completed this challenge, I challenge someone to fly an entire N1 to orbit in a single launch. Block A, B, and V are all I'm talking about, Block G, D, and LOK/LK are optional.

Oho! I should have won this contest, because I have acctually flown an N1 stack (Block A/B/V/G, stock fueled 2.5 to 1.25 adapter) into orbit. LAST SUNDAY. hahaha pTrevTrevs, I win.

Evidencias:

screenshot364_zpsvpziclzk.png

screenshot366_zpsfmbs8lug.png

screenshot367_zpse2l96y2h.png

screenshot368_zps36klmzdu.png

screenshot370_zpsqgdruozk.png

screenshot371_zps6kolqys8.png

screenshot374_zpsy6qirutl.png

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

PS. pTrevsTrevs, Beale should decide who wins among us 2

Thanks! The launcher is stock. I set myself limits of only using Tantares and Stock. MechJeb was there, but I only used it for info during the launch. I flew the stack to orbit manually.

Now that I have completed this challenge, I challenge someone to fly an entire N1 to orbit in a single launch. Block A, B, and V are all I'm talking about, Block G, D, and LOK/LK are optional.

Can I use a modded (realistic) superbooster and RSS?

Oho! I should have won this contest, because I have acctually flown an N1 stack (Block A/B/V/G, stock fueled 2.5 to 1.25 adapter) into orbit. LAST SUNDAY. hahaha pTrevTrevs, I win.

Evidencias:

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg559/bien_vincent/screenshot364_zpsvpziclzk.png

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg559/bien_vincent/screenshot366_zpsfmbs8lug.png

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg559/bien_vincent/screenshot367_zpse2l96y2h.png

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg559/bien_vincent/screenshot368_zps36klmzdu.png

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg559/bien_vincent/screenshot370_zpsqgdruozk.png

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg559/bien_vincent/screenshot371_zps6kolqys8.png

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg559/bien_vincent/screenshot374_zpsy6qirutl.png

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

PS. pTrevsTrevs, Beale should decide who wins among us 2

I think you have misunderstood my challenge a little :wink:

N1-MOK (yes it was a real propsal, Google it)

http://i.imgur.com/eteHA81.png

Wow!

I must make this!

Great use of the V2 tanks :)

hey ! i hope you don't mind, I added Tantares LV to CKAN mod manager. There was only your Tantares mod :)

thank you for your mods Beale

Much appreciated!

I was struggling with it myself.

I may be just an idiot but I remember having IVAs with this mod. Something is also happening where there are no kerbal windows on the bottom left. Is it because I'm using active texture management? Should I try a re install of the mod? Or was it always like that and I am just dumb? It has no effect on the game I can still EVA the crew by clicking on the doors.

Edited by Alttabmatt

I may be just an idiot but I remember having IVAs with this mod. Something is also happening where there are no kerbal windows on the bottom left. Is it because I'm using active texture management? Should I try a re install of the mod? Or was it always like that and I am just dumb? It has no effect on the game I can still EVA the crew by clicking on the doors.

IVAs are pending for the revamp because they are time consuming (And soul crushing? I seem to remember something about that, but it might have been another thread) to make.

I don't mind it; lets me imagine the glee/terror factor as appropriate to the situation. (If you haven't tried it, check out the landertron mod, and watch the terror as they plummet safely to terra firma.)

There used to be IVAs but the recent overhaul broke them, and new ones will have to wait a bit.

EDIT:ninja'd

IVAs are pending for the revamp because they are time consuming (And soul crushing? I seem to remember something about that, but it might have been another thread) to make.

I don't mind it; lets me imagine the glee/terror factor as appropriate to the situation. (If you haven't tried it, check out the landertron mod, and watch the terror as they plummet safely to terra firma.)

There used to be IVAs but the recent overhaul broke them, and new ones will have to wait a bit.

EDIT:ninja'd

Thanks! Glad to know its not just me or my mods.

Another thing you should make, and don't get me wrong, this is my favourite mod I've ever played with, but I just like suggesting things. You could make the LES for the Soyuz LOK and the TKS and and all of the other things that have an LES. I play with DangIt and Entropy and stuff so having an LES is a good idea. Honestly I don't remember if Gemini had an escape tower though.

Hey Beale, I did something with those upper stage verniers...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

Oh nice!

Yep, this is a good use for them past Vostok being obsolete :)

As covered: Yeah IVAs are in production, slowly, The actual crew capsules are a priority, and then the various passive orbital modules, etc.

Another thing you should make, and don't get me wrong, this is my favourite mod I've ever played with, but I just like suggesting things. You could make the LES for the Soyuz LOK and the TKS and and all of the other things that have an LES. I play with DangIt and Entropy and stuff so having an LES is a good idea. Honestly I don't remember if Gemini had an escape tower though.

There is already LES included, do you use TantaresLV? It's in there.

Well there is one LES already included, but it's not the right look for a lot of the other capsules. Like the Soyuz LOK had a bigger tower and the TKS had it's own as well that was much, much different looking. Plus if I put it on the Soyuz LOK atop that giant N1 rocket it just looks so petty with how small it is.

Well there is one LES already included, but it's not the right look for a lot of the other capsules. Like the Soyuz LOK had a bigger tower and the TKS had it's own as well that was much, much different looking. Plus if I put it on the Soyuz LOK atop that giant N1 rocket it just looks so petty with how small it is.

How does the stock LES look?

Though I do appreciate the current lack of LES variety is not ideal, for all craft.

How does the stock LES look?

Though I do appreciate the current lack of LES variety is not ideal, for all craft.

Well the stock LES looks kinda bad with all of it too. Just from a stand point of historical accuracy, you know? I'm pretty sure it's exactly like the Apollo tower, so it looks off with all of the Soviet spacecraft and whatnot. I have no idea how hard modeling is because I've never done it before, but you're doing a great job so far so I figured I should put in a request or something for the launch abort towers and such.

Well the stock LES looks kinda bad with all of it too. Just from a stand point of historical accuracy, you know? I'm pretty sure it's exactly like the Apollo tower, so it looks off with all of the Soviet spacecraft and whatnot. I have no idea how hard modeling is because I've never done it before, but you're doing a great job so far so I figured I should put in a request or something for the launch abort towers and such.

I'd urge you to give modelling a try, if you have the inclination! It's not so hard.

But, yeah, modelling LES is not difficult at all, it's probably a part I will put together very quickly, it just needs to squeeze its way onto the schedule of production.

I think you've mixed up this mod with HGR (HomeGrown Rockets) from Orionkermin, as both are Soviet/Russian style parts.

I'd urge you to give modelling a try, if you have the inclination! It's not so hard.

But, yeah, modelling LES is not difficult at all, it's probably a part I will put together very quickly, it just needs to squeeze its way onto the schedule of production.

Well I have tried! Honestly I looked at your tutorial and did that step by step! I admire your works greatly so I figured I'd take a look at it. But thank you for taking my suggestions into consideration! The fins probably won't make too much of a difference but it just urked me that they weren't in. And as for the LES stuff one for the Soyuz LOK and one of the TKS would be nice! Last time I checked the TKS escape tower is literally just a big cilinder so that probably won't be TOO hard. And I was going to ask if you could make the Gemini LES as well but I just learned today that Gemini had ejector seats, not an escape tower. :P

Firstly - A person earlier today has contacted me by my personal e-mail address, asking about mods I can make.

This is really not cool, absolutely not at all. Especially considering I do not make that information very public.

As I would imagine the person sending it will see this thread, I will not reply to something like that, please, do not do that ever again.

Okay, ugliness over:

Well I have tried! Honestly I looked at your tutorial and did that step by step! I admire your works greatly so I figured I'd take a look at it. But thank you for taking my suggestions into consideration! The fins probably won't make too much of a difference but it just urked me that they weren't in. And as for the LES stuff one for the Soyuz LOK and one of the TKS would be nice! Last time I checked the TKS escape tower is literally just a big cilinder so that probably won't be TOO hard. And I was going to ask if you could make the Gemini LES as well but I just learned today that Gemini had ejector seats, not an escape tower. :P
IIRC Big Gemini was going to have an escape tower.

A Gemini escape tower is actually quite useful thing to have, consider how impractical ejection seats are in KSP + Kerbals lack of partachute.

I have enjoyed the little aerodynamic "nub" found in passinglurker's Mercury mod, something aerodynamic LES like that would be good. :)

TantaresCS - Colonization Systems

I've taken a break from modelling the LK, to do something a little different.

Some may remember me mention a while back about a third and final Tantares mod, focused on small scale ISRU and colony style habitats.

Currently I'm experimenting with the Regolith, but the final version will certainly run on the stock system.

I got a little tired of placeholder models, so here's the resource canister, the "drill-bit" will follow shortly :cool:

e67889a7b9.jpg

88d0f4b64d.jpg

c4cb16f5a1.jpg

Also planned is a generic "Luna Glob" landing Bus, to get the equipment to the surface. I guess something similar to a bigger Fobos Grunt.

ae32d6b49e.jpg

Edited by Beale

Honestly I was wanting some kind of habitat that I could just have with the Tantares art style and whatnot. And is the LK lander going to come with it's own legs and such?

That's good. Well, I'm looking into Luna-Poligon style inflatables, although inflatables may be tricky without plugins.

The legs: Yeah, I want to do this in particular very much.