[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

This tragedy occured during a reentry maneuver. During these times a pressure suit / helmet is expeditious.

Almost certainly helmets are not worn during orbital operations.

Normally pressure suits are worn during any major manoeuvre where there is a pressure loss risk...liftoff..re-entry, staging, landing, and if they've got any brains...cracking the hatch after docking

This tragedy occured during a reentry maneuver. During these times a pressure suit / helmet is expeditious.

Snacks trump everything.

Almost certainly helmets are not worn during orbital operations.

Well, I have heard that Apollo crews would continue to wear their space suits until after Transposition and Docking. The surface crew would also wear them during descent to and ascent from the lunar surface.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

Actually, space suits were worn just until parking orbit. Then they became just an impedment for system check and everything. During descent the crew had their suits donned up, but wore no helmet or gloves (again, an excessive impedment to the much needed mobility).

Plus, during Gemini missions the crew removed their suits when unnecessary. The original mission guidelines called for one of the crewmember to don his suit at all the time, but the guys up there recognised it ad an idiocy and completely disregarded it.

And the Soyuz 11 crew had no suits during reentry because they had no suits at all. Either they flew up three crewmember, or they flew up two with suits, because of weight limitations.

Edited by borisperrons

Actually, space suits were worn just until parking orbit. Then they became just an impedment for system check and everything. During descent the crew had their suits donned up, but wore no helmet or gloves (again, an excessive impedment to the much needed mobility).

Plus, during Gemini missions the crew removed their suits when unnecessary. The original mission guidelines called for one of the crewmember to don his suit at all the time, but the guys up there recognised it ad an idiocy and completely disregarded it.

And the Soyuz 11 crew had no suits during reentry because they had no suits at all. Either they flew up three crewmember, or they flew up two with suits, because of weight limitations.

Did Gemini have room for astronauts to remove pressure suits? If it did, then why would NASA go through the trouble of making a special easy to wear inflatable suit for Gemini 7?

Why do we keep talking about pressure suits? What has happened to this thread?

Because we are a bunch of pressure suits maniacs. I dream of Sokols doing the naughties with an A7L.

Anyway, I stand corrected, on Gemini they didn't remove all their suits, just parts of them. But the procedure thing is still true.

Before it drifts further off-topic... :wink:

Unity export complete.

a130181c4d.png

It will take a while to create the configs: mainly because everything is now of rescale factor 1.0...

Need to measure all.

No Shenzou model yet... Unfortunate.

I can help if you want. :cool:

Indeed I have a few of your configs ready to go, if you'd like to throw a few more my way - you're invited :)

Edit: Also, I have forgotten the KURS :(

Edited by Beale

What did they do with our Soyuz?

It's different.

We don't like change...

c0bfb923ad.jpg

3903c2e607.jpg

42bb9e5816.jpg

7dab2ba1bc.jpg

Very good news there, relatively bug free conversion.

Also - I don't think the ports should all be inter-compatible. For example, the small ports with the stock ports - thoughts?

Edited by Beale

Also - I don't think the ports should all be inter-compatible. For example, the small ports with the stock ports - thoughts?

There's a mod that does that relatively well, and allows non-androgynous solutions. It's AdaptiveDockingNode, and it's used by Kip Engineering. I actually made a config set for Tantares a while ago, but I suspect it wouldn't work anymore (it's *somewhere* in this thread, but I can't find the gist on my github, so I must have posted it without being logged in :-/).

EDIT: Ah, can't find mine, maybe I just imagined it. But here's CaptRobau's:

@PART[Tantares_Port_A]:NEEDS[AdaptiveDockingNode]:AFTER[AdaptiveDockingNode]
{
@MODULE[ModuleAdaptiveDockingNode]
{
Gender = male
}
}

@PART[Tantares_Port_B]:NEEDS[AdaptiveDockingNode]:AFTER[AdaptiveDockingNode]
{
{
Gender = female
}
}

@PART[Vega_Port_A]:NEEDS[AdaptiveDockingNode]:AFTER[AdaptiveDockingNode]
{
{
Gender = male
}
}

@PART[Agena_Port_A]:NEEDS[AdaptiveDockingNode]:AFTER[AdaptiveDockingNode]
{
{
Gender = male
}
}

Edited by ModZero

Love it. :)

Thanks!

Also, lights.

It's a very basic model, which I will probably change...

But, it works really nice :)

a299013e81.jpg

f05902ddb9.jpg

8cda2b99d2.jpg

There's a mod that does that relatively well, and allows non-androgynous solutions. It's AdaptiveDockingNode, and it's used by Kip Engineering. I actually made a config set for Tantares a while ago, but I suspect it wouldn't work anymore (it's *somewhere* in this thread, but I can't find the gist on my github, so I must have posted it without being logged in :-/).

EDIT: Ah, can't find mine, maybe I just imagined it. But here's CaptRobau's:

Thanks!

But, I think not to introduce dependence - there will be know male/female ports, but for example the Soyuz port should not be able to dock with the stock 0.625m port?

But, I think not to introduce dependence - there will be know male/female ports, but for example the Soyuz port should not be able to dock with the stock 0.625m port?

My only concern would be would if it didn't work what would be the effect of fulfilling a contract asking for a docking port? Ie would I have to fly a non-tantares style craft specifically whenever a docking contract came up (and supply ports)

In the space station case it could lead to a similar situation to the ISS where there are three different styles of docking ports which is either a hassle or cool depending on your point of view

My only concern would be would if it didn't work what would be the effect of fulfilling a contract asking for a docking port? Ie would I have to fly a non-tantares style craft specifically whenever a docking contract came up (and supply ports)

In the space station case it could lead to a similar situation to the ISS where there are three different styles of docking ports which is either a hassle or cool depending on your point of view

I think you are spot on with the phrase "either a hassle or cool depending on your point of view".

I'm in the cool camp, but I can see many many more in the hassle camp.

So, I'll wait for more feedback, for now :)

Tantares 28

31/05/2015

• - Revamp Soyuz
  • - Docking light
  • - Apas Ports

With such a great deal of parts totally re-made, there are certain to be some issues that have slipped through the cracks. Let me know :)

Saves should not be affected heavily, though I strongly suggest caution.

Enjoy & áÿðÑÂøñþ!

T5F1uWW.png?1

Coming shortly:

• Revamped Progress
  • 0.9375m Progress Parts

Could use some new Soyuz screenshots for the album :wink:

Edited by Beale

This can be defined in the config as to what size of non androgynous can be attached to, so it would only dock with the correct size and connector type (MorF). Would be a nice extra that is defined only if users have the adaptive docking node mod. I thinks it a awesome tweak for those that want it!

Yes. It will fulfill that sort of contract. I'll also add in testing parameters to the config file so that the new ports are eligible for the generated missions. :D

Could use some new Soyuz screenshots for the album :wink:

Oh yeah! I'll get you some beautiful screenshots tomorrow. Soyuz 4 & 5, ASTP, Mir, whatever you need. Unfortunately, the only visual enhancements I have are regular EVE and Distant Object Enhancement.

I too would be in the 'cool' camp. It'd be nice to enforce some docking port diversity. I usually RP that anyway, but it'd be nice. Also +1 to the non-androgynous configs as at least an option.

And of course it goes without saying that the new stuff looks beautiful!

Ack! All the craft files are now broken. Working on updates for them and the TweakScale config now. Congrats on release. :)

I'll post bugs as I see them here.

1. Mianbao/Shenzhou OM has no texture, though you might be aware of this already.

2. TLV Boosters smoke on the pad.

Edited by curtquarquesso

Oh yeah! I'll get you some beautiful screenshots tomorrow. Soyuz 4 & 5, ASTP, Mir, whatever you need. Unfortunately, the only visual enhancements I have are regular EVE and Distant Object Enhancement.

That would be great! :)

I too would be in the 'cool' camp. It'd be nice to enforce some docking port diversity. I usually RP that anyway, but it'd be nice. Also +1 to the non-androgynous configs as at least an option.

And of course it goes without saying that the new stuff looks beautiful!

Many thanks!

I would agree, I have learn to appreciate a bit of forced constraints on things like th ports.

Ack! All the craft files are now broken. Working on updates for them and the TweakScale config now. Congrats on release. :)

I'll post bugs as I see them here.

1. Mianbao/Shenzhou OM has no texture, though you might be aware of this already.

Inevitable, many thanks! :)

About the Mianboa - Yep, it has a beautiful 64x64 texture for a short while until I remodel it. Not long, soon.

I'm updating Kerbal Stuff now, accidentally uploaded PPTS/Kliper again.

Really awful playing this game on a crummy PC, but what can be done...

f5581f7e7d.jpg

0356513fbe.jpg

....Also - I don't think the ports should all be inter-compatible. For example, the small ports with the stock ports - thoughts?

I disagree. It's annoying a all get out when the docking ports don't work with stock. I would prefer lego like compatibility as much as possible.

*celabratory dancing*

A new Soyuz! :D

Once I get the .psd for the new parts, I'll set to work on TMA yet again!

EDIT: Beale added the psds to the Repo, so consider the new Tantares TMA underway!

Edited by planeguy868