[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Changed colours due to laws in a few Eastern European countries regarding symbols.

Can you upload only the texture with the red star somewhere else? or is there a way I can edit the texture myself? I just feel that the red star looks way cooler.

..//..

Perhaps the Cygnus can use a launch vehicle.

..//..

It shouldn't be hard? It shares the first stage engine with the Atlas V ( which is being made in the OMSK pack as a 2.5m parts) So If we could re-texture the engine to a white casing and make the fuel tank and solid fuel stages, I could start working on that bit by bit after I get my current project working.

It shouldn't be hard? It shares the first stage engine with the Atlas V ( which is being made in the OMSK pack as a 2.5m parts) So If we could re-texture the engine to a white casing and make the fuel tank and solid fuel stages, I could start working on that bit by bit after I get my current project working.

It actually uses NK-33 rocket engines. In its flown configuration, anyway, and I'd rather have flown rocket parts than concept.

Can you upload only the texture with the red star somewhere else? or is there a way I can edit the texture myself? I just feel that the red star looks way cooler.

Check the changelog on Kerbal stuff, you'll be able to download previous versions.

The first release of the LK includes red star :)

A little sneak-peak at one of my projects, tantares procedural parts!

Procerurap?

http://i.imgur.com/iw7DpRa.jpg

Nice!

But, it looks like there are some pretty unpleasant seams / tiling showing! The top texture especially.

Still, this would be very cool to have :)

Well...

I started already. Haven't shown it yet :P

846038189f.jpg

34bc59f5a9.jpg

The Pol is tiny compared to the Cygnus, so the same goes for the PLV vs Antares. 1.25m Rocket.

244ae59a85.jpg

Also an APAS, kindly donated by gooddog15.

RKFTnYb.png

Edited by Beale

You should make the rocket a little whiter - that simple, stubby white look is classic for small solidy American rockets, like Taurus, Minotaur, Athena, and Pegasus, as well as Taurus II/Antares.

That docking port looks a LOT like the later model shenzhou ports....

- - - Updated - - -

The Angara will likely be 1.875m, to scale with 2.5m PPTS

Oh, please PLEASE make it 1.875 ... it would fill a HUGE gap in the launcher lineup ...

- - - Updated - - -

Someone requested some craft files.

Here ya go.

Contains:

Mercury

Gemini

Vostok

Soyuz

Soyuz-LOK

Shenzhou

Venera

LK lander

VA Capsule Assembly (only, not the full TKS)

R-7 Rocket

Proton Rocket

N-1 Rocket

All have lights correctly mapped to the lights action group. Action group 1 toggles the panels/etc on all craft.

The rockets are provided as regular ships, with a stayputnik at the top, so you can drag-and-drop them as subs.

These aren't "official" tantares craft files or anything, just some stuff I whipped up of my own volition.

All are designed to use only the tantares packs and stock parts.

Intended to be functional, and reasonable representations for the impatient - not 42521 part hyper-detailed FPS killers.

Edited by tjsnh

Also an APAS, kindly donated by gooddog15.

http://i.imgur.com/RKFTnYb.png

Yay!

That docking port looks a LOT like the later model shenzhou ports

sort of, shenzhous ports have rounder fins. Coincidentally, the port uses the same texture sheet as the shenzhou OM.

OMG, can't wait to see it released!

Is it a 1.5m docking port?

Si. 1.25m to be precise.

Edited by gooddog15

Wow! I'm so exited for the PLV! I don't think I've ever been able to make a 1.25m LV that can make it into orbit without side boosters or anything. Is there any way you could include a version without the bit "POL" on the side? Not to dis your work but you know. And the APAS looks cool! You should consider making a parachute version like in SDHI. That would be awesome for the MK. 1-2 pod.

Did something happen to the KAS capabilities of the unmanned supply craft? The pol, ATV, and HAMAL don't seem to have an 'Edit Container' option when KAS is installed.

We are using KIS, as KAS is going to be ported/converted over to KIS.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113111-0-90-Kerbal-Inventory-System-%28KIS%29-1-0-0

What in particular stands out as missing / unfinished to you?

Perhaps the Cygnus can use a launch vehicle.

IVAs, sure they are coming slowly. Working on VA atm.

Tantini needs a launch vehicle and maybe the Cygnus and ATV. Anyways thanks for writing back, really appreciate it.

Also wanted to also say I would love a fregat from you, considering you can model insanely fast in my opinion.

There's no loafing around when it comes to you.

Edited by NasaSpace101

You should make the rocket a little whiter - that simple, stubby white look is classic for small solidy American rockets, like Taurus, Minotaur, Athena, and Pegasus, as well as Taurus II/Antares.

Hmmm, I'll give this a try.

The trouble with much brighter shades is that it has the potential to "bleach" out any of the detail. :)

That docking port looks a LOT like the later model shenzhou ports....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, please PLEASE make it 1.875 ... it would fill a HUGE gap in the launcher lineup ...

- - - Updated - - -

Someone requested some craft files.

Here ya go.

Contains:

Mercury

Gemini

Vostok

Soyuz

Soyuz-LOK

Shenzhou

Venera

LK lander

VA Capsule Assembly (only, not the full TKS)

R-7 Rocket

Proton Rocket

N-1 Rocket

All have lights correctly mapped to the lights action group. Action group 1 toggles the panels/etc on all craft.

The rockets are provided as regular ships, with a stayputnik at the top, so you can drag-and-drop them as subs.

These aren't "official" tantares craft files or anything, just some stuff I whipped up of my own volition

Nice stuff eh!

I'll link it from the front page.

Many thanks :)

Wow! I'm so exited for the PLV! I don't think I've ever been able to make a 1.25m LV that can make it into orbit without side boosters or anything. Is there any way you could include a version without the bit "POL" on the side? Not to dis your work but you know. And the APAS looks cool! You should consider making a parachute version like in SDHI. That would be awesome for the MK. 1-2 pod.

Removing POL, yeah sure, not too sure about it myself (reduces re-usability).

APAS parachute, maybe! (Also 0.625m version).

Tantini needs a launch vehicle and maybe the Cygnus and ATV. Anyways thanks for writing back, really appreciate it.

Also wanted to also say I would love a fregat from you, considering you can model insanely fast in my opinion.

There's no loafing around when it comes to you.

Ah yeah, the Titan II, I forgot that one for a moment!

I think there's a Titan II coming in OMSK, I'll get around to one too... eventually :rolleyes:

Fregat is planned along with the Fobos Grunt, which I'm also currently re-modelling.

Anyways!

My first American rocket! And it's from a private company at that, we really do live in the future eh?

Still need to do the Castor SRB, which will be pretty interesting as it's quite distinctive being all-black.

I've considered making it Hybrid-throttleable, as SRBs don't work great for Orbital insertion in KSP, IMO. Thoughts?

896e9acf37.jpg

2df57e2d36.jpg

f57bb13fb0.jpg

It was used to launch the Salyut right?

I'm not sure, Russian space program I've never cared much about.

Except for all that Russian stuff.

fdab74b046.jpg

And I'd really love to give IMGUR a good kick in the head, for what they've done to the Album display.

Edited by Beale

Offsetting the Hamal probe core into the Tantares orbital module gives you a pretty OK Soyuz 7K-OK look:

R3y76xs.jpg

yUGkQuK.jpg

Also, Beale, some questions!

1. Do you have a donation link for your work?

2. How would you feel about modelling a surface-attached Soyuz periscope, with an integrated decoupler? The periscope you see above decouples (thanks, offset feature!), but I have no doubt you could make a cooler-looking one, that I could safely stick right on top of the reentry capsule hatch. :)