[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

11 minutes ago, woo_reentry_is_cool_dude said:

totally cool mod , but buran would ne awesome , and sputnik 1 ? I LOVE THAT LITTLE CUTIE BALL SAT

Welcome to the forums!

You know there's a Sputnik in the stock game, yeah? Or you may check out SXT, it has one too. 

On Buran, that'd be nice, but Beale has already said he's not going to make that quite a long time ago. :P

On 4/5/2016 at 6:49 PM, Beale said:

So @tjsnh.

On the Soyuz:

Reduced the first stage engines to 200KN.
Core stage alone has 1.12 TWR on launch (Without Verniers only 0.73!), so it is still possible to build Soyuz 2-1-v like rocket.
The whole thing has a TWR of 2.1, which is high, but better.

I think the performance is better. But, the ISP will be reduced by 20 on the second stage engine and by 25 on the first stage engine.

bea43f8a15.jpge9b4ce380a.jpg

After first stage + boosters burn out.

402579b5b0.jpg

Final orbit

Looks a bit more playable/balanced :)
Also looks comparable to the performance results I get with home grown patches. Able to boost a Soyuz into a mediumish orbit, but not to the Mun - but able to boost a smaller probe payload to Minmus.

9 hours ago, woo_reentry_is_cool_dude said:

Totally cool mod, but Buran would be awesome, and sputnik 1?
and , these _extra_....._whatever files , are they needed in the mod if i have those mods or not ?

I think Buran and Sputnik are well covered by stock parts.
The 'Extra' files can be removed if you really want. But without the required mod they will not do anything anyway.

9 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Been tinkering with these packs lately... Can't seem to get the probe and drogue docking ports to work, and the textures for the Fuji are messed up. I am running the latest 1.1 prerelease, if that makes a difference.

In _Soyuz_DockingMechanism_Z, change the line:

genderFemale = true

To:

genderFemale = false

This will fix docking.

For the Fuji texture, I'm working on that :) 

and , uuugh ,i have a little issue , i get LV and normal mod aswell , but , when i try  to build  soyuz , i can't find orbital module .(that's the ball on top on which dock port is oplaced) . i didn't try to find engines , but likely they are there . but , what's the orbital module solution ? (if i'm annoying then sorry , but i have a problem , soo okay ?)

17 minutes ago, woo_reentry_is_cool_dude said:

and , uuugh ,i have a little issue , i get LV and normal mod aswell , but , when i try  to build  soyuz , i can't find orbital module .(that's the ball on top on which dock port is oplaced) . i didn't try to find engines , but likely they are there . but , what's the orbital module solution ? (if i'm annoying then sorry , but i have a problem , soo okay ?)

maybe i was looking for it lazy . but if you know the solution tell me

Fuji Version Twoji

So I have begun to develop the Fuji again. The old UVs were fatally flawed and beyond saving.

Very early, but I have tried to incorporate Porkjet like panel-details, what do you think? 

0ae69336ed.jpg

d31ea612c8.jpg

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Fuji Version Twoji

So I have begun to develop the Fuji again. The old UVs were fatally flawed and beyond saving.

Very early, but I have tried to incorporate Porkjet like panel-details, what do you think? 

Speaking only for myself, I like this look FAR better than the old one.

On 4/7/2016 at 10:18 AM, woo_reentry_is_cool_dude said:

totally cool mod , but buran would ne awesome , and sputnik 1 ? I LOVE THAT LITTLE CUTIE BALL SAT

If you view the AB Launchers mod created by Beale and some others I think, it gives you the tools to build an Energia launcher. Then, all you need to do is build a Buran. Sputnik's already been covered by others, but for Sputnik 2 I like to use mystery goo containers.

19 hours ago, Beale said:

Fuji Version Twoji

...Well, wouldn't it be Threeji? 

18 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Speaking only for myself, I like this look FAR better than the old one.

10 hours ago, Ravenchant said:

Everything lookin' good! The quadruple Gamma will make a good temporary stand-in for HM-4 and YF-73 as soon as I can get my grubby little hands on it :P

4 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Awesome! I can't wait for it because the engine is so useful!

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Tangle said:

...Well, wouldn't it be Threeji? 

Four-or-Fiveji I think.
But that doesn't rhyme. :wink: 

Could not find screenshots of the original Fuji, sadly.

87dd066461.jpg0150dfc723.jpg

4f37fe28fa.jpg

ed59634e94.jpg

Edited by Beale

Love the stuff I'm seeing in the latest Tantares as well as future plans!

I know that Alnair Port A and Port B were removed, so I'm trying to update my TKS craft so I need to change my Port A part. However I don't see any docking parts listed under the Alnair parts folder and was wondering what Port A was replaced with so I can try and make a clean change of parts in my craft file.

40 minutes ago, gc1ceo said:

Love the stuff I'm seeing in the latest Tantares as well as future plans!

I know that Alnair Port A and Port B were removed, so I'm trying to update my TKS craft so I need to change my Port A part. However I don't see any docking parts listed under the Alnair parts folder and was wondering what Port A was replaced with so I can try and make a clean change of parts in my craft file.

Thanks!

The TKS parts are now designed to be used with the Soyuz docking ports, so the part you are now looking for is Soyuz_DockingMechanism_A and Soyuz_DockingMechanism_B. They are 0.9375m Diameter ports.