[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [27.0][18.05.2024][VA Revamp]

Beale

4 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

In 1.1 the animated Soyuz docking probes don't allow me to dock, even when they're retracted.

In _Soyuz_DockingMechanism_Z:

Change the line,

genderFemale = true

To

genderFemale = false
3 hours ago, woo_reentry_is_cool_dude said:

uuuuugh , , anyone tell me how to use alternate textures ?

Okay, we need to deal with one problem at a time.

First, what is the status of the other problems you were having?

Edited by Beale

13 minutes ago, Beale said:

In _Soyuz_DockingMechanism_Z:

Change the line,

genderFemale = false

To

genderFemale = true

Okay, we need to deal with one problem at a time.

First, what is the status of the other problems you were having?

It already has the config changed to that.

Fuji Fuel Tank

Yes, there it is! The difficulties that prevented me revamping this last attempt were... overcome. Now I am on the clean road to finishing it :) 
No gold foil? Not until I see gold foil among the "new stock" parts. :wink: 

c5ab52fdc3.jpgbc3f0c4bfa.jpg

9b18eda4b1.jpg

6924a19bf8.jpgd883111198.jpg

The support structure of the fuel tank, texture unfinished.

92143c047d.jpg

˙ʇɥƃıuoʇ ʇɥƃıʃɟ ɐ ʞooq oʇ pǝǝu I ˙ʇɥƃıuoʇ ʇɥƃıʃɟ ɐ ʞooq oʇ pǝǝu I ʇnq

Edited by Beale

Here:

The plans for three parts:

• LFO Tank
  • Engine
  • LFO Tank / Engine Combo (Service Module).

With the service module, you can finally match exactly the image here (I.E. the nozzle is half-embedded into the fuel tank).

12a4352171.jpg1838b2756d.jpg

6 minutes ago, woo_reentry_is_cool_dude said:

again , a little issue , (i found the orbital module) the mod , after about 5 times launcing ksp , at the fifth time , i play it about 10 mins and then ksp crashes , and then , i can't even start ksp , it crashes at loading screen

Sounds like an out-of-memory crash. If you're playing KSP 1.0.5, try Active Texture Management. If you're playing KSP 1.1 Pre-Release, play it in 64bit. Out of interest, how much RAM does your computer have, and have you got any other mods installed?

Edited by MrMeeb

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Here:
The plans for three parts:

• LFO Tank
  • Engine
  • LFO Tank / Engine Combo (Service Module).

With the service module, you can finally match exactly the image here (I.E. the nozzle is half-embedded into the fuel tank).

12a4352171.jpg1838b2756d.jpg

Hmm. Can there still be an part for the engine all by itself? I really liked that little engine. It was great to have a minimalist engine that didn't have a huge tank-butt for once. For the engine design, it'd be nice to have it be reminiscent of the AJ-10, and have a smooth, specular engine bell, in contrast to the more chunky ribbed designs from the latest Proton and Black Prince parts

59 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Sounds like an out-of-memory crash. If you're playing KSP 1.0.5, try Active Texture Management. If you're playing KSP 1.1 Pre-Release, play it in 64bit. Out of interest, how much RAM does your computer have, and have you got any other mods installed?

This sounds right :) 

24 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

Hmm. Can there still be an part for the engine all by itself? I really liked that little engine. It was great to have a minimalist engine that didn't have a huge tank-butt for once. For the engine design, it'd be nice to have it be reminiscent of the AJ-10, and have a smooth, specular engine bell, in contrast to the more chunky ribbed designs from the latest Proton and Black Prince parts

d0d8a14a37.png:wink: 

But, yes! I like the sound of a nice shiny engine bell. It has been more than a while since creating one of those :) 
In fact, it has been far too long since I've had any largely specular parts.

Edited by Beale

7 minutes ago, Beale said:

But, yes! I like the sound of a nice shiny engine bell. It has been more than a while since creating one of those :) 
In fact, it has been far too long since I've had any largely specular parts.

I cannot read today. Thank you for your patience. Fuji got me thinking a bit on capsule RCS. I used to always outfit the capsule with RCS, because attitude control is important with that capsule, as its speciality is shallow skip reentry ability, as opposed to the deeper, more ballistic reentry that the Soyuz capsule has. It's really neat to be able to basically glide Fuji to KSC really precisely. But, because of Fuji's shape, putting RCS on it ruins the shape, and they frequently burn off. 

Now that RCS can be configured for each control axis *thank goodness,* could we see more integrated capsule RCS starting with Fuji?

Edited by curtquarquesso

12 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

Fuji got me thinking a bit on capsule RCS. I used to always outfit the capsule with RCS, because attitude control is important with that capsule, as its whole purpose it shallow skip reentry ability, as opposed to the deeper, more ballistic reentry that the Soyuz capsule has. It's really neat to be able to basically glide Fuji to KSC really precisely. But, because of Fuji's shape, putting RCS on it ruins the shape, and they frequently burn off. 

Now that RCS can be configured for each control axis *thank goodness,* could we see more integrated capsule RCS starting with Fuji?

Interesting idea. Do you mean restrict RCS for only rotation?

How do people find the current Fuji capsule RCS? It is kind of useful for attitude control and I suppose it can be used for directional thrust if you fire all at once, but that is all.

I know it is probably not used by many because of the missing texture issue.

See below.

Edited by Beale

Just now, Beale said:

Interesting idea. Do you mean restrict RCS for only rotation?
How do people find the current Fuji capsule RCS? It is kind of useful for attitude control and I suppose it can be used for directional thrust if you fire all at once, but that is all.
I know it is probably not used by many because of the missing texture issue.

1.1 now allows the ability to make RCS transforms only respond to specific control inputs. (roll, pitch, yaw) etc. Greatly improves usability. 
I wasn't aware that there were RCS transforms in the current (beta?) Fuji capsule. Are you referring instead to dedicated unused RCS parts for Fuji?

6 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

1.1 now allows the ability to make RCS transforms only respond to specific control inputs. (roll, pitch, yaw) etc. Greatly improves usability. 
I wasn't aware that there were RCS transforms in the current (beta?) Fuji capsule. Are you referring instead to dedicated unused RCS parts for Fuji?

Blejch, my mistake.

I was confusing the current Fuji with the Mars-lander thing (which did have built in RCS). Disregard last post.

Yeah sure, I will add RCS controls to the new Fuji :) 
My only wish would be to tweak the RCS effect, but maybe that will be possible someday.

57b3a5ef62.jpg

Edited by Beale

8 minutes ago, Beale said:

Blejch, my mistake.
I was confusing the current Fuji with the Mars-lander thing (which did have built in RCS). Disregard last post.
Yeah sure, I will add RCS controls to the new Fuji :) 
My only wish would be to tweak the RCS effect, but maybe that will be possible someday.

57b3a5ef62.jpg

No problem. Have you ever just straight-up asked a dev if this can be made possible in 1.1? 

@NathanKell, is allowing support for tweaking the scale, intensity, and other properties of RCS FX something that is easily added to a future KSP builds, or is there a big limitation that has prevented this from being added already?

2 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

No problem. Have you ever just straight-up asked a dev if this can be made possible in 1.1? 

Allowing support for tweaking the scale, intensity, and other properties of RCS FX something that is easily added to a future KSP builds, or is there a big limitation that has prevented this from being added already?

The topic has come up a while back, when some features of mod (RCS plus? I forget the name) were integrated into the full game. 

1 hour ago, legoclone09 said:

Awesome work! And for the 'foil' on the Fuji tank maybe use something very similar to the HECS-II's foil, it is stockalike and very nice.

Thanks, I will take a look!

Here!

c8cef70dd9.jpg

4dd01facfb.jpg

be3b42b025.jpg

01e227ed81.jpg

34c62fc33f.jpg

241a8f6c5d.jpg

Fuji Engine: Panel divisions on the nozzle make no sense. I was thinking more like this: 

7509fe07ba.png

This is the engine that's used on my Cygnus revamp, and it's meant to look a bit like the hypergolic thrusters that Japan supplies for various purposes. ATV, HTV, and Cygnus all utilize this engine. Being of Japanese origin, it'd be nice to have them look somewhat similar. Smooth, specular, and simple. Avoid the monotone look, and make the nozzle dark and sleek like it was in the old Fuji.

Fuji Solar Arrays: I think you need to keep the angled brackets, or they'll be mistaken for other panels in the thumbnails. They're too similar to the Tantares panel visually. 

I know this seems like a lot of critique, so, apologies in advance. Keep doing what you do. :P

Edited by curtquarquesso