[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

I'd love to get in on this if possible, it would be a great addition to my career mod.

35 minutes ago, spacecookie said:

I would with pleasure, I don't know if I am capable of doing it but I would gladly give it a try, thank you very much :D

Sure thing, remind me when I have the upper stage model complete and I will pass to you.

Got a balloon for you.

98ia7cy.png
dyDpPCR.png
9NMwyjR.png
xsJm8JE.png
IBe2tGM.png

Edited by Beale

You really should do your engines exhausts in brown like in your previous versions of tantares LV for the R-7 and the Proton, this new engine block is pretty neat :) Can't wait to play with, also the brownish colour matches well with the dark grey you use, nice choice of colours there :)

12 hours ago, Third_OfFive said:

You should add some coloration to it. Like markings of some kind. 

Like this maybe

nasahqphoto-7554881896.jpg

To be honest I think it's too bright?

qTYiAye.png
PauKgpC.png

12 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

68EpsVG.png

11 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Plot twist: Beale is fully colorblind.

I make use of all the colours:
9jByxsI.png

Is the red thing in the engine nozzels the real color of the nozzles or just a cover which is removed before launch? I think that the red color looks cool (atleast if it is the real color:D)

Edited by NeoFatalis

42 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

Is the red thing in the engine nozzels the real color of the nozzles or just a cover which is removed before launch? I think that the red color looks cool (atleast if it is the real color:D)

Correct, those are protective covers only.

20 hours ago, Third_OfFive said:

Nice! That is pretty much spot on.

One last suggestion?

I think you should change the coloration/texture of the engine nozzles to match the old ones more.

lpiL7vG.png

I'll try the colour when everything is finished.

5iMRmt0.png
vfMzMbn.png
1EZxl3o.png

Edited by Beale

Talking of textures and according to this picture vfMzMbn.png

In my opinion the dark grey untextured part of the side boosters should stay dark grey better than the light grey, it gives the impression of a more detailed rocket :) Also your colours choices render just fine with the software you uses to apply them, but in game the contrast is less important and the brown-ish parts appear nearly like the dark grey unfortunately, you should try to give more contrast to them, I find this lack of contrast also present on the N-1 textures.

Beside this I can't wait to play with the new R-7, the 1.5m side boosters bottom really give a more realistic dimension to the rocket :D

Edited by spacecookie

21 minutes ago, spacecookie said:

Talking of textures and according to this picture vfMzMbn.png

In my opinion the dark grey untextured part of the side boosters should stay dark grey better than the light grey, it gives the impression of a more detailed rocket :) Also your colours choices render just fine with the software you uses to apply them, but in game the contrast is less important and the brown-ish parts appear nearly like the dark grey unfortunately, you should try to give more contrast to them, I find this lack of contrast also present on the N-1 textures.

Beside this I can't wait to play with the new R-7, the 1.5m side boosters bottom really give a more realistic dimension to the rocket :D

I'll play with the colours when all parts are in place.

Very important note: There are no 1.5m parts.

0QzrEhD.png
jKrGRTu.png
JkNNj5a.png
R6lQioK.png

2 minutes ago, Beale said:

I'll play with the colours when all parts are in place.

Very important note: There are no 1.5m parts.

0QzrEhD.png
jKrGRTu.png
JkNNj5a.png
R6lQioK.png

Needs more betas ;-)
.. and toptank that tops in 1.875m .. ;-)