[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Truss in the wild.

iiHeor9.png The tug approaches the station.
vHSL8Y3.png Good docking with the "kind of Kvant" module.
XaWE0Om.png The tug burns away.
V5KJphc.png Leaving the first half of the Sofora truss.
e14xK9i.png Very useful parts.

Edited by Beale

5 hours ago, Beale said:

What's the reflector experiment? It looks cool.

The Reflector experiment (that's the name, Beale :)) was held in 1999 by Energia corp.

It's goals were: proving of a new type of design of a large unfolding antenna, it's unfolding mechanism; evaluation of both process and result of stretching the metal netcloth, and the net integrity after it; stability and stiffness of antenna device and it's ability to take and keep the pre-constructed shape.

It's unfolding was a bit tricky but sucessful, and after the experiment was done the reflector was detached from the truss and pushed away:

fr_7.jpg
Ellipse shape, 6,4 x 5,2 meters fully deployed

P.S. This "three-layer" mount looks kinda werid due to it's height, maybe a thinner version worth trying?
vHSL8Y3.png 

Edited by Legcutter

10 minutes ago, Legcutter said:

The Reflector experiment (that's the name, Beale :)) was held in 1999 by Energia corp.

It's goals were: proving of a new type of design of a large unfolding antenna, it's unfolding mechanism; evaluation of both process and result of stretching the metal netcloth, and the net integrity after it; stability and stiffness of antenna device and it's ability to take and keep the pre-constructed shape.

It's unfolding was a bit tricky but sucessful, and after the experiment was done the reflector was detached from the truss and pushed away:

fr_7.jpg
Ellipse shape, 6,4 x 5,2 meters fully deployed

P.S. This "three-layer" mount looks kinda werid, maybe a thinner version worth trying?
vHSL8Y3.png 

Nice info! Thanks!

The three layer mount - you can directly surface attach the docking port if needed, much less space taken up (See above golden tug image).

Edited by Beale

4 minutes ago, Beale said:

Nice info! Thanks!

The three layer mount - you can directly surface attach the docking port if needed, much less space taken up.

Got it.

... a-and just tell me if you'll ever need anything :blush:

Edited by Legcutter

Test Truss Mission

YBlL8zZ.png Buran-In-Puberty docks with station, much better than previous Buran junior.
3iKssnt.png Bill takes the local MMU. It's scary boy!
1iQYnCX.png First truss segment attached.
iaOdpoD.png And yet more!
DwQRoEI.png We actually forgot the fourth truss, time to go back.
aGclq1O.png Burning dangerously close to the station. Station crew go blind.
GHbOmAa.png Not the worst approach, thank you for parachutes.
ikPwfcq.png Now blind Bill Kerman feels his way and attach the final mast pieces.
0cbuTG7.png They do not pack much thrust, but at this distance can really get things spinning.
ejbh1ha.png Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

On 3/1/2017 at 6:39 PM, InsaneDruid said:

Wrong.

They all are "cylinder-hugging", just with different mechanisms.

"Ye olde" TKS (like the Kvant tug) had panels that where built from panels shaped like ˆ and ˇ : and thus never folder flat, like early Soyuz.

See this image: (from a Soyuz)... *snip*

I don't need any of this and yet I just want to say, this is some really good reference material work. Great job finding that stuff. I hardly find any good reference material on Russian stuff whenever I'm looking

Perhaps this is a known problem but the 0.625 docking ports in the 1.2.x release of Soyuz/LK are not working.  I cannot target them and I don't seem to be getting any of the magnetic attraction either.  The 0.9375 versions with the extra collars work fine docking to eachother but they are also unable to dock with the 0.625 ports as well..  The T-4GZ file _Soyuz_Port_1.cfg and T-PR9 _Soyuz_Port_2.cfg.  I'm using just the basic Tantares 1.2.x download with only the new Soyuz/LK parts.

The L-HG1 antenna is missing code in the cfg file as well and is non-extendable and cosmetic only at the moment. _Libra_Antenna_2.

2 hours ago, akron said:

I don't need any of this and yet I just want to say, this is some really good reference material work. Great job finding that stuff. I hardly find any good reference material on Russian stuff whenever I'm looking

Some good references and texts are still in russian only, so it's way better to know the stuff

25 minutes ago, Moiety said:

@Beale could you share your Buran craft files?

Unfrotunately I've just deleted it! :sealed:

Look around here maybe.

12 hours ago, overkill13 said:

Perhaps this is a known problem but the 0.625 docking ports in the 1.2.x release of Soyuz/LK are not working.  I cannot target them and I don't seem to be getting any of the magnetic attraction either.  The 0.9375 versions with the extra collars work fine docking to eachother but they are also unable to dock with the 0.625 ports as well..  The T-4GZ file _Soyuz_Port_1.cfg and T-PR9 _Soyuz_Port_2.cfg.  I'm using just the basic Tantares 1.2.x download with only the new Soyuz/LK parts.

The L-HG1 antenna is missing code in the cfg file as well and is non-extendable and cosmetic only at the moment. _Libra_Antenna_2.

Will be fixed next version :) 

Proton parts!

unHTNNo.png

5 hours ago, Beale said:

Unfrotunately I've just deleted it! :sealed:

Look around here maybe.

Oh those look nice, I’ll have to think about adding that to my save.

For what it’s worth, I’ve logged some issues on GitHub last week. I’ll also work on TAC LS support there after I get back from my vacation (should be the 21st of March). So expect some sweet snacks and breathable air to arrive to the new parts that week :cool:.

Edited by Moiety

19 hours ago, Beale said:

unHTNNo.png

I just searched something on the internet and I accidentally found photos from the last time you revamped the Proton , apparently it was exactly a year ago.. wow the time flies quickly:D

On 3/6/2017 at 1:04 AM, Beale said:

I can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanks, we've been missing them for too long :) 

Come up with? Me?... now I totally positive that I'm missing something there :)

Btw. what's that MMU from your images above? Is it from some other mod or...?

Edited by Horus