[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

THANK YOU for the SRBs being 1.875m , that common size has a serious lack of respectable launcher parts at the moment.

I find the HGR boosters provide a decent entry into this size, personally. They're a bit out of date, but they're just parts, so they work well still. Don't know how well they will tomorrow, though :/

The cryo core stage is without gimbal?
No.

http://cs.astrium.eads.net/sp/launcher-propulsion/rocket-engines/vulcain-rocket-engine.html

http://www.spaceflight101.com/ariane-5-eca.html

But at the same time it's made clear the thrusters aren't only for roll control after booster separation

http://cs.astrium.eads.net/sp/spacecraft-propulsion/showcase/ariane5-attitude-control-system.html

Regarding the first stage, you've noted that the oxygen feed pipe looks like it's is insulated with the same material the tank is, haven't you?

Edit:

6 degrees gimballing, and VEB thrusters handles only roll when main engine/s operating: http://www.braeunig.us/space/specs/ariane.htm

Edited by Urban_K

Just beautiful!

Thanks! :)

Will all of this be done and released by tomorrow when 1.0 comes out? TIME CHALLENGE, GO!

Not a chance, I'm afraid.

The first update after 1.0 will be house-keeping, with some much appreciated help, to keep everything up to date with the release version.

Then...

Heatshields - Done

Salyut Parts - Half done

Ariane - Just started.

Edit: Oh and this! (Too many new parts, mind is slipping, I'm old).

12d5bdd2e2.jpg

The Vulcain ( 2 ? ) hold all my attention I wonder how you will manage to give such a detailed engine the simple & stockalike flavour of your other parts :)

edit : http://puu.sh/hrY2f/84547909bd.jpg This will be an amazing launcher for space station parts, are you planing to do a 3.75m station part one day ?

You're right to hold interest... It's certainly more complicated than the typical kind of engine I make.

But, hopefully it will look something specific stockalike (Rockomax orange?).

Heavy WIP.

f815231c99.jpg

bc8351056e.jpg

3.75m stations - Any ESA station concepts?

THANK YOU for the SRBs being 1.875m , that common size has a serious lack of respectable launcher parts at the moment.
I find the HGR boosters provide a decent entry into this size, personally. They're a bit out of date, but they're just parts, so they work well still. Don't know how well they will tomorrow, though :/

HGR is the place to go for this form factor!

I'm happy folks will enjoy the boosters though.

It would be amazing to make a cool looking, stock alike SLS with those fancy boosters!

Could be interesting to see what can be made :)

No.

http://cs.astrium.eads.net/sp/launcher-propulsion/rocket-engines/vulcain-rocket-engine.html

http://www.spaceflight101.com/ariane-5-eca.html

But at the same time it's made clear the thrusters aren't only for roll control after booster separation

http://cs.astrium.eads.net/sp/spacecraft-propulsion/showcase/ariane5-attitude-control-system.html

Regarding the first stage, you've noted that the oxygen feed pipe looks like it's is insulated with the same material the tank is, haven't you?

Edit:

6 degrees gimballing, and VEB thrusters handles only roll when main engine/s operating: http://www.braeunig.us/space/specs/ariane.htm

Thanks for the info, 6 degree gimbal!

Also it seems there is a case to separate the VEB from the LFO tank, I'll see this. :)

The SRB mesh will allow it to gimbal up to 8 degrees without any clipping, could be good for shuttles?

cbb7da5c0e.jpg

Edited by Beale

Weird question, are you planing to do a protective " fairing " for the vulcain engine when clipping a part under the engine ?

You mean so it may be used as a second stage?

Sure sure, that's standard no problem!

Re the HGR 1.875 rocket parts,

I've used them now and then, but frankly they stick out like a sore thumb. It's like having a big neon pink car in a lot full of white cars. Beale's skinning/textures really "fit" well not only with the stock parts, but with each other.

Well there is the Columbus Man Tended Free Flier that was to be tended to by the hermes shuttle.

I think that evolved into the Columbus ISS module.

Also, your araine looks awesome.

Thanks! :)

Is this Beale suggesting the potential for original Beale-designed parts?!? I'm onboard for that!

Concept #1. Exploration Gateway Platform. Proposed deep space habitat as a NASA/ROSCOSMOS/ESA collaboration using a Russian core module, NASA nodes, and ESA built MPLMs.

Concept #2. Columbus or MPLM. I think I've already mentioned how badly I've been itching for a Tantares MPLM. The stock 2.5 crew tank just doesn't do it for me unfortunately. An ESA station made out these things would be fantastic.

Concept #3 ESA Lunar Space Station. Just some more proposed designs for ESA missions.

Concept #4 Aurora Exploration Prigramme Little-to-no background info on this... Looks neat though!

The lunar base design is especially cool.

Extra information docket.

For the Ariane SRBs, are you planning on making nosecones? I know that now SQUAD is now going to be packing asymmetrical nosecones into the stock game, so theoretically, they could be just scaled up to 1.875 to reduce the parts in the catalog, though I don't think the textures would match too well...

On a semi-related note, yesterday (for U.S.) was ESA's Samantha Crisoforetti's birthday! Happy birthday to Samantha. :)

Edited by curtquarquesso

Hi,

I've just downloaded the Tantares and TantaresLV packs and installed as usual. Now, I'm playing with Realism Overhaul and I was wondering how the RO integration works. The engines for example still use stock fuels, and don't have the thrust and ISP of their real world counterparts. Also the scaling on the R-7 carrots seems off. Am I missing a .cfg file here?

I think I've already mentioned how badly I've been itching for a Tantares MPLM.

Beale already made an MPLM, part of the ATV. But it would bee nice to have one without the tapered adaptor to use for PMM, MPLM, Columbus, and Exoliner!

there is that concept with the atv's docked up in a row. version with a science lab iva maybe?

Hmm, good idea!

Well there is the Columbus Man Tended Free Flier that was to be tended to by the hermes shuttle.

I think that evolved into the Columbus ISS module.

Also, your araine looks awesome.

Many thanks! :)

The Columbus would be useful.

Is this Beale suggesting the potential for original Beale-designed parts?!? I'm onboard for that!

Concept #1. Exploration Gateway Platform. Proposed deep space habitat as a NASA/ROSCOSMOS/ESA collaboration using a Russian core module, NASA nodes, and ESA built MPLMs.

Concept #2. Columbus or MPLM. I think I've already mentioned how badly I've been itching for a Tantares MPLM. The stock 2.5 crew tank just doesn't do it for me unfortunately. An ESA station made out these things would be fantastic.

Concept #3 ESA Lunar Space Station. Just some more proposed designs for ESA missions.

Concept #4 Aurora Exploration Prigramme Little-to-no background info on this... Looks neat though!

The lunar base design is especially cool.

Extra information docket.

For the Ariane SRBs, are you planning on making nosecones? I know that now SQUAD is now going to be packing asymmetrical nosecones into the stock game, so theoretically, they could be just scaled up to 1.875 to reduce the parts in the catalog, though I don't think the textures would match too well...

On a semi-related note, yesterday (for U.S.) was ESA's Samantha Crisoforetti's birthday! Happy birthday to Samantha. :)

Whoah, a lot of stuff!

Thank you for these, I will have a longer look at them.

Nosecones: of course! But, since so simple, no use showing them until textured.

Hi,

I've just downloaded the Tantares and TantaresLV packs and installed as usual. Now, I'm playing with Realism Overhaul and I was wondering how the RO integration works. The engines for example still use stock fuels, and don't have the thrust and ISP of their real world counterparts. Also the scaling on the R-7 carrots seems off. Am I missing a .cfg file here?

Hello!

Do you have latest RO? (Okay 1.0 may disrupt things).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4p9v62uwdxucu2r/Tantares-TLV-1.0-ready.zip?dl=0

My unofficial 1.0 update (while Beale hasn't made official)! Some small issues are present, but stuff is rebalanced according to New Stock.

Many thanks!

My KSP is plodding towards 1.0 at a great 46kb/s, so it will take a short while :D

But, will update with these tonight.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4p9v62uwdxucu2r/Tantares-TLV-1.0-ready.zip?dl=0

My unofficial 1.0 update (while Beale hasn't made official)! Some small issues are present, but stuff is rebalanced according to New Stock.

Thanks for this.

I see some issues (several engines has no third key in their "atmospheric curve" tab (what the hell does that third key define?)), but it's fine ATM.

Also, all textures should be converted to DDS (there is a DDS converter especially for this - not sure if it would work without DDSLoader, though)

Thanks for this.

I see some issues (several engines has no third key in their "atmospheric curve" tab (what the hell does that third key define?)), but it's fine ATM.

Also, all textures should be converted to DDS (there is a DDS converter especially for this - not sure if it would work without DDSLoader, though)

Third key indicates the curve prolongation for pressures more than 1 atmosphere :)

And I don't think many people will take-off from Eve or Jool's atmosphere soon, so I'd add them later (it was a kind of rushed release with time limited).

EDIT: First Vostok for first release! :3

fvDA62DIXvw.jpg

Edited by Niemand303

Third key indicates the curve prolongation for pressures more than 1 atmosphere :)

And I don't think many people will take-off from Eve or Jool's atmosphere soon, so I'd add them later (it was a kind of rushed release with time limited).

EDIT: First Vostok for first release! :3

http://cs624518.vk.me/v624518511/29075/fvDA62DIXvw.jpg

>1 atmosphere ISP! I'll have to look into that. :)

Very nice way to celebrate the launch!

With that.

Tantares 23 & TantaresLV 8

f375c3f1dd.jpg

Balancing to be compatible with KSP 1.0

Huge thanks to Niemand303 who has taken the non-enviable task of changing the stats of pretty much everything. He's done a wonderful job getting Tantares out of the door so quickly :)

Please be aware nothing new part-wise in this update.

Can't ask enough - Balancing feedback is really important now! Whatever your feelings, voice them.

ToDo:

• Convert textures to DDS
  • Look into what's new in 1.0 and how it can improve existing parts.

Again, don't thank me, thank Niemand :)

So, does it feature any changes from Niemand's download?

About the balance...

Q5px47x.jpg

Five tons of simulated payload - barely touched the second stage. And that was a VERY inefficient MJ ascent - I've started my gravity turn too early (not to mention that it's a dev version, so there may be bugs).

(Also, I hate stock fairings. They're plain ugly and tend to disappear under certain conditions in VAB\SPH).