[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

I'm getting this error in my game

[ERR 01:22:34.522] Texture 'KerbinSide/Parts/Static/Admiral_Kerminsov_Class_Carrier/runway light d' not found!

Also, if you want, can you change your .tga to .png so it needs less time to load in the textures.

I'll investigate what happened there. The carrier is all one model and should not be losing any parts. My recommendation is reinstall from the latest release of Oceania and tell me if it is still happening.

I'll investigate what happened there. The carrier is all one model and should not be losing any parts. My recommendation is reinstall from the latest release of Oceania and tell me if it is still happening.

yep, still happening

Many thanks. I downloaded the "All Of It In 1" vers. I'll install both now and report back.

Nope, same problem with the one on Kerbal Stuff.

Here's what I just did:

1 - Shut down KSP.

2 - Delete ActiveTextureManagement

3 - Restarted KSP

Tada. Indicator is now an indicator and not a black square.

yep, still happening

Still really odd. The uploaded version is the exact same as the one running in my build, it works fine for me. I'll be remaking all the lights soon and adding the time of day conroller. This should reduce the number of textures used, thus decreasing ram footprint.

Please send me your output_log.txt

Edited by Eskandare

If deleting a mod like "ActiveTextureManagement" fixed it, then it's probably an issue with the configuration for that mod in the way it's handling that texture. Deleting the other mod is only a partial fix really.

But, I don't use that mod personally... so I can't say if there's more to it than just a config error.

Next up on my list will be a small base next to the (Krand Kanyon?) Large canyon on Kerbin and a secret science and logistics base hidden on Kerbin (I found an awesome location) this will include an underground hanger for large planes and space planes. (yes I'm aware of the static camera issue I'll design in a way so the camera can fit around the coliders, this will always be an issue until someone makes a way for the camera to ignore coliders.

Look out for the next release of the KSS Kerminsov.

That sounds seriously awesome. I assume this means you're going to be building a large static object meant to look like the side of a hill or something, since I don't believe we can manipulate the standard surface of the planet to create a "hole" where we can build underground. Still, if you can blend it in really nice it could be awesome.

Edited by Gaalidas

If deleting a mod like "ActiveTextureManagement" fixed it, then it's probably an issue with the configuration for that mod in the way it's handling that texture. Deleting the other mod is only a partial fix really.

ATM's default functionality is clearly to munch the tiniest textures and that a .cfg is required for each mod where you don't want it to do that. ATM is a popular mod for obvious reasons. Whilst it will give little to no benefit for a mod like KerbinSide with a relatively small batch of tiny textures (I don't use UV maps - it's overkill and too much work), apparently a .cfg is still required to avoid the chomping.

This thread has a number of ATM users pointing out the chomping of the various icons used in KerbinSide. In several cases I've suggested they should go talk to the ATM devs.

At no point has anyone shared an ATM .cfg for KerbinSide.

The expectation is that I have to do it.

I don't use ATM. I think it's fairly obvious by now that I think its default functionality is excessive, to say the least.

Using KerbinSide with ATM is the players choice. I'm not going to support it until ATM is improved to handle more exceptions in its default functionality. The ATM thread is stuffed full of posts about corrupted icons and yet no improvements. Just "make a .cfg".

Having looked at an ATM .cfg, hazarding a guess, here's what it should look like for KerbinSide:

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = KerbinSide
enabled = false
}

That's a guess. I don't use ATM.

EDIT:

For Kerbal Konstructs, which is where most of the issues with ATM will show up, the .cfg should probably be:

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = medsouz
enabled = false
}

Again a guess. I've tried unsuccessfully in the past to find documentation for configuring ATM.

Edited by AlphaAsh

I went ahead and took the liberty of packaging up the configs to disable ATM for KerbinSide and KK.

You can get the files here on dropbox. Just unzip and drag the BoulderCo folder into your KSP GameData and say yes when asked to merge.

@AlphaAsh, if you don't approve of this let me know and I shall edit my post.

I went ahead and took the liberty of packaging up the configs to disable ATM for KerbinSide and KK.

You can get the files here on dropbox. Just unzip and drag the BoulderCo folder into your KSP GameData and say yes when asked to merge.

@AlphaAsh, if you don't approve of this let me know and I shall edit my post.

No you're good. Thanks for doing that chap.

That sounds seriously awesome. I assume this means you're going to be building a large static object meant to look like the side of a hill or something, since I don't believe we can manipulate the standard surface of the planet to create a "hole" where we can build underground. Still, if you can blend it in really nice it could be awesome.

Yup one big block. I found a nice atoll to fill up with concrete. No I doubt Kerbals care too much about environmental impacts due to the amount of rocket fuel they use.

So I was cleaning up some unwanted models and enhancements and stuff, and I saw this at the KSC2:

Annoyingboxes.png

The same model is also next to the KSC Runway, which is why I was wondering: What is the model name so I can delete it?

So, I saw an image in the OP about making launchsites, how exactly do I do that? I want one for my artic base.

EDIT: I found how to open up the editor, but I can't do anything. Do I need models?

Edited by lordmuffin

So, I saw an image in the OP about making launchsites, how exactly do I do that? I want one for my artic base.

EDIT: I found how to open up the editor, but I can't do anything. Do I need models?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93699-0-90-WIP-Kerbal-Konstructs-v0-6-6-%28Dec-16%29-Static-Objects-and-Launch-Sites!?p=1535333&viewfull=1#post1535333

then

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93699-0-90-WIP-Kerbal-Konstructs-v0-6-6-%28Dec-16%29-Static-Objects-and-Launch-Sites!?p=1580905&viewfull=1#post1580905

A little out-of-date. And yes, you need some content, like KerbinSide.

Edited by AlphaAsh

ksideshipcontainer

EDIT - If you go to a location with an example of something unwanted and open the editor (Ctrl+K), you can use Local Instances to list just those objects nearby. That should help you identify the model name.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Unless Squad changed Kerbin's terrain map, that can only happen if your terrain details aren't set to high. KerbinSide's static placement is done on high terrain detail. On default and low, some buildings may appear to float above or be submerged under the surface of the planet.

I have installed the All in 1 pack, and while the lauch sites appear in the map view and list menu. there are no buildings when I launch from these locations. they are empty. my launch clamps attach directly to the ground.

I am running KSP windows 32bit.

fixed it. I had Kerbal Konstruct installed twice.

Edited by T.Lancer