The Official Kerbin Cup Tournament Thread - Final Entries Posted

Rowsdower

How will we know that those heathens at reddit aren't secretly voting in a block for their entries?
. . . but if we find the reddit entries, (or forum entries for that matter) get vastly more votes, that could be a sign that something is up.

Reddit vs. Forum doesn't even have an effect on the competition right now. A team from each side will be eliminated until there are only two teams left.

That said, I amicably agree that all participants (and even non-participants) should refrain from attempts to identify the team associated with the entries until voting is complete.

Edited by chicknblender

Yet another way for Squad to screw over Stock Players in challenges.

That´s why teams are comprised of players with different skillsets each, I have never installed a mod, but we have an experienced modder on our ranks.

That´s why teams are comprised of players with different skillsets each, I have never installed a mod, but we have an experienced modder on our ranks.

Wooks beat me to it. Our team has two mod-fiends and two stock-rockers and we're all having fun and contributing. :)

hahahah. I just picture the mods sitting around laughing at making us wait, and I always appreciate a good ol fashion mob.

Or maybe the sheer level of craftsmanship caused all their minds to implode, in which case we have lots of blood on our hands

Edited by clown_baby

Patience Padawans. Go launch some insanities.

lEtPaLx.png

Or read fanworks!

It will get here.

5NW6gg7m.png

I'm going to conclude all my posts in this thread with this.

Also, looking back on all the photos of our teams trophy.... arg, hope we picked the right one!

Edited by Tw1
nostalgia

Sorry you feel that way, Fleet Master, but that's not the intention. It's one of the few reasons why teams should be balanced in different styles. Besides, there are a few other challenges that will be happening. This is just one :)

Now as for the lot of ya, I'm waiting for a piece of info concerning polling access so the whole shebang is likely to go up at one time tomorrow.

Crazy thought here. Would it have been a better idea to work out the technical details of the poll *before* the submission deadline?

Well this was discussed before. This rule

4. You must not talk about your work or reveal your work to the community until we unveil it and make it open for votes.

makes it sound like as soon as the voting started it was fair game. But just like you m1, everyone assumes it's after the voting stops. So I say we just all stick to that idea.

Maybe when the poll and pics are dropped there could be a disclaimer above it asking all the teams to hold off until the voting closes?

This rule
4. You must not talk about your work or reveal your work to the community until we unveil it and make it open for votes

makes it sound like as soon as the voting started it was fair game. But just like you m1, everyone assumes it's after the voting stops. So I say we just all stick to that idea.

It wasn't perfectly clear, as you pointed out. But we got some clarification:

I was under the impression that the images would not be identifiable, to give everyone a fair go- the image must be judged on its merit, not the team's own hype. Plus, if all the images, including the reddit ones are going to be here, if theirs are identifiable, they will also be judged with bias.

Yes, that's correct.

I asked Rowsdower myself on IRC the last day, I'm gonna copy the question as I think it won't matter to him and it's good for every team to know!:

- - - Updated - - -

m1sz rowsdower!, hi, I have a quick question about the kerbin cup

[20:25] == Rowsdower_ is away: I'm busy

[20:26] Rowsdower_ sure

[20:26] m1sz Aside from the cup, we've been working on a promotional video for our creation, with a lot of effort from one of our members (Wooks)

[20:26] == Rowsdower_ is away: I'm busy

[20:26] m1sz team I Think We Broke It

[20:26] Rowsdower_ ok

[20:26] m1sz I've just read what you wrote on the forum, thread

[20:27] m1sz that the voting will happen without anyone knowing who made the entry

[20:27] == Rowsdower_ is away: I'm busy

[20:27] Rowsdower_ yes

[20:27] m1sz so we wont be able to release the video until the voting is done, right?

[20:27] Rowsdower_ correct

[20:27] m1sz no advertising for us this time then =)

[20:27] m1sz thanks a lot!

[20:27] Rowsdower_ heh alright

[20:27] Rowsdower_ np

[20:28] m1sz bye

[20:28] == Rowsdower_ is away: I'm busy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.