[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

No problem, post pics if you want, it's always reassuring to see it the same on someone else's end :P

Here's an album for you.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Looks amazing, my only issue is the ground texture when up close at KSC, it's super low res (visible in the first screenshot), which doesn't bother me because it looks good as soon as I'm over a kilometer away (which I am %99 of the time anyway). But I've noticed everyone else in this thread has a higher res ground up close. The city/lights texture looks fine, it's just the terrain, which makes me think I must've done something wrong, but I'm still very happy with it.

WOAH... too bad my ground textures are not showing up. Trying installing it again

I have this problem every time I fresh install RVE. Here's how I solve it:

1. Alt+E menu

2.TerrainManager tab

3.Check terrainmaterial and ocean material color values, one of them is probably 256, change this value (along with any other that is over 255) to 255

4.Apply

5.City Lights manager tab > Apply

That should fix it.

Just thinking, it might theoretically be possible to run both old EVE and WIP EVE at the same time. Thus letting you use atmosphere effects with the configurability of old EVE but the cloud/shadow and terrain effects of WIP EVE...

Here's an album for you.

http://imgur.com/a/feidz

Looks amazing' date=' my only issue is the ground texture when up close at KSC, it's super low res (visible in the first screenshot), which doesn't bother me because it looks good as soon as I'm over a kilometer away (which I am %99 of the time anyway). But I've noticed everyone else in this thread has a higher res ground up close. The city/lights texture looks fine, it's just the terrain, which makes me think I must've done something wrong, but I'm still very happy with it.[/quote']

The ground textures are working it's just I can only use the orbital scaled textures or ground textures (either or) at the moment. I chose the orbital ones because like you say most people spend there time in orbit. Hopefully we'll get some fixes from rbray and I can include both orbit and low level ground textures at the same time.

Everything there looks as it should be for the time being :)

I downloaded the win32 branch Pingopete, and it looks amazing. I can't tell you for how long I've been looking forward to a working install. My only question is the following: the scatterer atmosphere seems kind of thick. Is there any way in a config file to make it less so?

I downloaded the win32 branch Pingopete, and it looks amazing. I can't tell you for how long I've been looking forward to a working install. My only question is the following: the scatterer atmosphere seems kind of thick. Is there any way in a config file to make it less so?

Thanks! Indeed, I corrected the atmospheres height by making new shaders in proland and it looked much more realistic. However there's a bug with custom shaders no longer working with scatterer since blackrack added the new tint feature. It doesn't show any textures for Earth while in scaledspace just the atmosphere. If informed him of this :)

I'm downloading the WIP RVE right now. Questions:

-Will anything conflict with Scatterer?

-Will I be able to remove the city lights and other non-atmospheric stuff without a problem?

The ReadMe warnings are scary. Does RVE not work in orbit, or do you recommend that I apply Eve GUI before I launch the rocket?

Edited by TruthQuark

This might not be specifically an RVE bug but is anyone else's sun really over the top large when viewing from space?

When viewing from atmosphere or barely out of it it looks fine:

http://i.imgur.com/QM0W8CQ.png

But as soon as you pass a certain height or view from the map screen it switches to a different texture and blows out your eyeballs:

http://imgur.com/a/0SWol

I've tried with the sun flare texture bundled with RVE and the stock one, and both have the same effect. I've had to stick with stock though because when the sun switches to the large texture, the lens flares on the whiter sun make it even worse.

By the way pingopete, if you use OpenGL mode, then RVE shouldn't use up any RAM, so you shouldn't have to compress things so much. I installed the win32 branch of RVE, and had tons of memory left over. So I bumped the cloud detail level from 4 to 8 in the configs, and it looks way better, and I still have as much RAM left over.

I noticed a few pages back there was some looking into getting "Earth" to work, but not sure if I missed if it was working yet or not? Just tried to install in RP-0 and having contract issues being unable to find an "Earth." I replaced all "Earth" with "Kerbin" in ...\GameData\RP-0\Contracts "*.cfg" but still getting a lot of contract popups. Was wondering if there was a simpler fix for RP0 career mode?

I have installed everything as instructed, and I get the clouds and ground textures on Earth, in RSS, but Venus still has no clouds.

Read this before posting: https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/blob/Win32/Readme.txt

line45: "No other planets worked on other than Earth (and that's only half done)"

I've heard mention of using the stock game 'Eve' config for getting Venus clouds. Any idea on how to do that?

Very simple: when you're going to Venus just uninstall RVE and put EVE clouds in your gamedata. That's how I've done it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.