[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

Anyone who is following the RVE to stock port, read the spoiler :P

I've decided to go ahead a release a public test version of RVE-Stock (or SVE) for people to try out if they want. Please be aware that this is still a WIP just like RVE is and the CityLights are not done yet, I still have a whole continent to do. If you run into any bugs PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T POST IT IN THE RVE THREAD. I don't want to take up pingopete's thread for stuff that might not plague his work on RVE, use the issue tracker on my github page for anything SVE related. All of the work I've done is fully credited to pingopete as this is all his amazing work I just tweak things. I'll include a link to the release page, the issue tracker, and include some pretty pictures for your enjoyment down below. Enjoy

:)

Releases

Hi, I've downloaded EVE and RVE onto a KSP 1.0.4 save with the following mods:

KWRocketry, community fixes for KW, All the Near Future stuff, Raidernick's US Probes, Soviet rockets, Soyuz, soviet probes, Firespitter, KSCSwitcher, Procedural Fairings for everything, Procedural parts, Habitat pack and FASA. The problem is I get a glitched out Space Center view. Is this due to Firespitter or something because when I remove RVE/EVE, the scene is normal.

Hi, I've downloaded EVE and RVE onto a KSP 1.0.4 save with the following mods:

KWRocketry, community fixes for KW, All the Near Future stuff, Raidernick's US Probes, Soviet rockets, Soyuz, soviet probes, Firespitter, KSCSwitcher, Procedural Fairings for everything, Procedural parts, Habitat pack and FASA. The problem is I get a glitched out Space Center view. Is this due to Firespitter or something because when I remove RVE/EVE, the scene is normal.

Pictures would help :D

Nhawks17 do you have a DL/source code? I might like to fiddle with that some if it's okay with you :)

Of my port of RVE? The spoiler contains a link to the GitHub release page. If you are looking for PSDs I only have one for the CityLights textures right now. Once I finish with those I'm going to look into fixing some visual discrepancies that I've seen in the clouds. Just lemme know what you need and I'll be glad to pass it along.

Hi,

I've installed Ubuntu recently only to enjoy KSP, RVE and a long list of mods without crashes However, for the life of me I can't get RVE to work though seemingly I follow the readme to the letter. I'm sure I am making a simple mistake, here's what I did:

1. I downloaded the EVE Overhaul branch and extracted the Game data\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancement folder from the file x86-Release.zip to the KSP\Game data folder

2. I downloaded the Linux branch of RVE and extracted the RVE folder to KSP\Game data,

3. I understand that Scatterer is optional, so without Scatterer I get this:

QptvYZ0.jpg

As you see, the terrain and cloud textures seemed to be working, the only thing that is messed up is the sky.

Now, if I use Scatterer (with the RVE configs), I get this:

9sDQ3R0.jpg

As you can see the terrain textures are stock, so RVE does not seem to be working.

Anybody else had this issue. Did I go wrong somewhere in my install.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi,

I've installed Ubuntu recently only to enjoy KSP, RVE and a long list of mods without crashes However, for the life of me I can't get RVE to work though seemingly I follow the readme to the letter. I'm sure I am making a simple mistake, here's what I did:

1. I downloaded the EVE Overhaul branch and extracted the Game data\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancement folder from the file x86-Release.zip to the KSP\Game data folder

2. I downloaded the Linux branch of RVE and extracted the RVE folder to KSP\Game data,

3. I understand that Scatterer is optional, so without Scatterer I get this:

http://i.imgur.com/QptvYZ0.jpg

As you see, the terrain and cloud textures seemed to be working, the only thing that is messed up is the sky.

Now, if I use Scatterer (with the RVE configs), I get this:

http://i.imgur.com/9sDQ3R0.jpg

As you can see the terrain textures are stock, so RVE does not seem to be working.

Anybody else had this issue. Did I go wrong somewhere in my install.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey Kuba, actually in those images only one cloud layer is working and there are no RVE ground textures. I forgot to mention in the readme you may now also need the BoulderCo folder from that overhaul zip you grabbed as well. It contains some DDS stuff and some shaders now I believe (could be wrong). Either way extract that to your gamedata as well and then just remove the atmosphere, terrain, and citylights folder from it (all those textures are provided with RVE, having these texture configs present in the above folders will cause issues when running RVE)

Hey Kuba, actually in those images only one cloud layer is working and there are no RVE ground textures. I forgot to mention in the readme you may now also need the BoulderCo folder from that overhaul zip you grabbed as well. It contains some DDS stuff and some shaders now I believe (could be wrong). Either way extract that to your gamedata as well and then just remove the atmosphere, terrain, and citylights folder from it (all those textures are provided with RVE, having these texture configs present in the above folders will cause issues when running RVE)

Thanks a lot Pete, I extracted the BoulderCo folder, which after deleting the folders looks like this:

3ZcSHYo.png

but nothing has really changed, I still get this:

zsO2lwV.jpg

Yeah you got it right there.. weird, uhh did you apply the RSS-scatterer config change? That needs to be left alone (not changed) as RVE changes the naming system back for Scatterer to work properly? Else something's not in the right place I guess. You are using the linux branch from the github repo right? > https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/tree/Linux64

Yeah you got it right there.. weird, uhh did you apply the RSS-scatterer config change? That needs to be left alone (not changed) as RVE changes the naming system back for Scatterer to work properly? Else something's not in the right place I guess. You are using the linux branch from the github repo right? > https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/tree/Linux64

Big thanks for getting back to me Pete. Yes, I am sure that I am using the linux branch, I have a fresh install of Ubuntu and it is the only version of RVE I have downloaded. And yes I I copied the scatter folder from the repo to /gamedata and merged it with the existing scatterer folder (tried both versions of scatterer - the current one and the one suggested in the repo readme).

And to make sure, this is what I did:

1. Downloaded scatterer

1. Copied the RVE and scatterer folders from the RVE linux repo to gamedata

2. Copied the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folder from the zip filed in the Overhaul branch of EVE to gamedata

3. Copied the BoulderCo folder from the zip in the Overhaul branch of EVE to gamedata and deleted Atmosphere, CityLights, Terrain folders

that's about it.

Funny thing I noticed is that whenever I change the launch site, I seem to be getting an additional layer of clouds:

3PManPV.jpg

Edited by kuba1410

Hey, I'm also getting some strange issues on Linux. The clouds are acting weird and only show up once I enter space:

xAU861O.jpg?1

The clouds do leave shadows though. The ground textures are also still stock.

ecjTPGy.jpg

I'm running linux version of RVE on a new install of Ubuntu. I installed scatterer via CKAN. I copied the RVE folder to gamedata from the linux branch, and copied the scatterer configs. Then, I copied the EVE and BoulderCo folders from the x86-release.zip, from the EVE overhaul branch, to gamedata. Finally I deleted the CityLights, Terrain, and Atmosphere folders from BoulderCo.

Does anybody know what's going on or how to fix it?

Edited by zfurman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.