[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

So I downloaded the mod and noticed the clouds would glitch and stuff so I deleted them and when I start up the game the ground textures are just white. The water textures how ever seem to be working just great. I just want the terran and city lights textures because they look really good. Any way to fix the white glitchy textures

So I downloaded the mod and noticed the clouds would glitch and stuff so I deleted them and when I start up the game the ground textures are just white. The water textures how ever seem to be working just great. I just want the terran and city lights textures because they look really good. Any way to fix the white glitchy textures

Uninstall all RSS textures. Remove the RVE folder. That *should* work.

Can anyone help me?

I installed the folders on my GameData, but when I went to menu on KSP the earth is white and the clouds are with holes and stuff buggy.

Any solution?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm have the same bug here

Uninstall all RSS textures. Remove the RVE folder. That *should* work.

nono, RVE doesn't provide RSS textures, this would probably break the game more, please refer to this post regarding this issue:

It's to do with the way RSS now assigns planets with new names.. I think.

Go into your RSS folder, find the RSSKopernicus.cfg and comment out (by adding //) the cbNameLater line so it looks like this:

// Earth
Body
{
name = Kerbin
//nameLater = Earth
//cbNameLater = Earth <<< This line
Template
{

nono, RVE doesn't provide RSS textures, this would probably break the game more, please refer to this post regarding this issue:

Sorry. I had to uninstall everything and reinstall it to fix the issue, so I have been overkilled it. Btw, will you be updating RVE to 1.0.4 soon and putting it up on Github? I've been wanting to get back into RSS, but without RVE it just doesn't feel right.

Sorry. I had to uninstall everything and reinstall it to fix the issue, so I have been overkilled it. Btw, will you be updating RVE to 1.0.4 soon and putting it up on Github? I've been wanting to get back into RSS, but without RVE it just doesn't feel right.

There's already a temporary port to 1.0.4 on Git: https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4 :)

Hmm, is it real to have clouds and Earth named Earth, not Kerbin? :)

If you mean is it possible; yes, though there have been teething problems(something to do with hardcoded names), NK has been working on a fix I believe

Is it possible to keep just the sun flare? I removed RVE for now but wouldn't mind keeping the sun. Can't find exactly which files I should keep, aside from the .assets file.

There is a node (AtmosphereFromGround) from the realsolarsystem config that makes the sun flare bright enough but without it, it's to transparent. If you could incorperate that node alone in stock ksp I'd imagine it would look alright, this was a test someone did in stock ksp without anything other than the assets file

Edited by pingopete

There is a node (AtmosphereFromGround) from the realsolarsystem config that makes the sun flare bright enough but without it, it's to transparent. If you could incorperate that node alone in stock ksp I'd imagine it would look alright, this was a test someone did in stock ksp without anything other than the assets file

I'm still using RO/RSS. Thanks for that answer though, I updated RSS and it overwrote the config file from RVE. Dropped that back in there and it's good to go!

Edit: I take that good to go part back. The flare was there, but colors started going crazy, those old scatterer lines were appearing and everything started exploding. It was a real mess out there. RIP space station. (Not a bug report or complaining. WIP and all)

Edited by bsimms606

I'm still using RO/RSS. Thanks for that answer though, I updated RSS and it overwrote the config file from RVE. Dropped that back in there and it's good to go!

Edit: I take that good to go part back. The flare was there, but colors started going crazy, those old scatterer lines were appearing and everything started exploding. It was a real mess out there. RIP space station. (Not a bug report or complaining. WIP and all)

Wait so after modifying the visual-only atmosphere effect your parts started exploding?! uhhh what exactly did you change :S

Wait so after modifying the visual-only atmosphere effect your parts started exploding?! uhhh what exactly did you change :S

Yeah, I guess that space station just wanted to retire. It exploded again after swapping out the .cfg file. Trying to mess with the other values to get the sunflare without all of the lines and other stuff on Earth. Probably not gonna work, but I'm bored anyway.

Ah, that AtmosphereFromGround is in the Kopernicus config.

Edited by bsimms606

I have a quick question

Is it possible to have just the lens flare? I'm not using RSS, but i have EVE and scatterer, and would love to have the lens flare shown here without going for the full re scaled solar system.

The below just looks amazing

lmCO8Uxl.png

I assume i should just download the Whole RSS library, and only copy the sharedassets file as that is the flare, am i correct in my understanding?

Many thanks in advance

I assume i should just download the Whole RSS library, and only copy the sharedassets file as that is the flare, am i correct in my understanding?

Many thanks in advance

If it hasn't changed with Kopernicus that should do it yes. However, I remember it being quite large for the tiny Kerbol system. Try it! Just keep a copy of the original asset if you want to switch back later.

I have a quick question

Is it possible to have just the lens flare? I'm not using RSS, but i have EVE and scatterer, and would love to have the lens flare shown here without going for the full re scaled solar system.

The below just looks amazing

http://i.imgur.com/lmCO8Uxl.png

Many thanks in advance

Please read this page, there is already a discussion just above! :P

Ah yes, thanks for the info. I will need to update some stuff and upload a shiny new version ;)

Hmm. Since you don't like giving out pre-releases of the current dev version... do you intend to update the 1.0.4 port on Github to work with RSS 10.2? Or can we apply somewhere to get dev pre-releases if we promise to not bother you with stupid complaints about bugs and unfinished features? :)

In any case, keep up the good work, what you do is amazing!

Hmm. Since you don't like giving out pre-releases of the current dev version... do you intend to update the 1.0.4 port on Github to work with RSS 10.2? Or can we apply somewhere to get dev pre-releases if we promise to not bother you with stupid complaints about bugs and unfinished features? :)

In any case, keep up the good work, what you do is amazing!

Yeah basically I think I'll create a branch, for that version that really does require Linux x64 and plentiful RAM.. that is what it's for btw so you guys can get your hands on the stuff from those recent screenshots :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.