[WIP] NohArk's Pick and Pull - Space Tug DEV 0.4

nli2work

Testing shader arrangements. looks like it'll work out with JSITransparent pod. load off my chest. now it's just matter of finishing up the rest of the technicalities like textures, collision meshes, and IVA props. Hurray!

GnmCHuu.jpg

Looks like glass pod gets a whole line...

"Humpty Dumpty", 1.25m glass pod.

and

"Mono", 0.625m sized pod. intended more as a hard-shell EVA system. can operate as pod or ultralight lander in a pinch. Size0 docking behind the pilot and handy Klasp under so you can stay put near the work area without worrying about drifting off.

6aiIUG3.jpg

Looks like glass pod gets a whole line...

"Humpty Dumpty", 1.25m glass pod.

and

"Mono", 0.625m sized pod. intended more as a hard-shell EVA system. can operate as pod or ultralight lander in a pinch. Size0 docking behind the pilot and handy Klasp under so you can stay put near the work area without worrying about drifting off.

http://i.imgur.com/6aiIUG3.jpg

HOLY CRAP that is awesome, is the small one suppose to be an upgraded command seat or will it be treated as an actual command pod?

HOLY CRAP that is awesome, is the small one suppose to be an upgraded command seat or will it be treated as an actual command pod?

it'll be a command pod. I wanted it to be a command seat, but pod is the only way to get RPM IVA functionality.

the smaller pod has integrated RCS and Monoprop Engine. its small size required some extra parts to be created as the 0.625m parts I can find right now are still too large for it.... I've got a micro-sized Klaw and lander legs built and tested so far. probably scale down the stock lights for some light options. the tiny lights from SurfaceLights mod goes pretty well with it. I'm considering adding a ring structural element for additional attachment surfaces.

I'm going to add solar panel capability for the tiny pod's glass surfaces because it'll spare me of creating tiny solar panels, and it's also commercially available tech today.

Edited by nli2work

the smaller pod has integrated RCS and Monoprop Engine. its small size required some extra parts to be created as the 0.625m parts I can find right now are still too large for it.... I've got a micro-sized Klaw and lander legs built and tested so far. probably scale down the stock lights for some light options. the tiny lights from SurfaceLights mod goes pretty well with it. I'm considering adding a ring structural element for additional attachment surfaces.

I'm going to add solar panel capability for the tiny pod's glass surfaces because it'll spare me of creating tiny solar panels, and it's also commercially available tech today.

sounds awesome, i wish grab my hands on it right now but i will be Patient! *duct tapes arms to chair* can't wait to see the final product

• 2 weeks later...
you mean the textures? I do. I don't lay it on 100% in PS though.

That's probably why I can't see it, or maybe your settings aren't right. I always set my AO layer to 100% and multiply and it looks really well. Don't be afraid of it. Too many people play it safe with AO. It's one of my pet peeves because everyone makes their textures look extremely flat. About the only good example of AO baking of which I can think right now is KW Rocketry.

edit

Also those textures just look bad because the screenshot on the first page is inside the VAB. Make your screenshots on the launchpad, in the morning or afternoon. It'll look much better.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.