[WIP] NohArk's Pick and Pull - Space Tug DEV 0.4

nli2work

Another way to commemorate the Kerbals that perished on the road to Space. inspired by that drawing of kerbal in a coffin heading into the sun I saw on the forums recently... can't find the post now. if you remember it let me know!

U2wKn9x.jpg

Edited by nli2work

Another way to commemorate the Kerbals that perished on the road to Space. inspired by that drawing of kerbal in a coffin heading into the sun... can't find the post now. if you remember it let me know!

http://i.imgur.com/U2wKn9x.jpg

reminds me of the coffin that was once n space port but i would still love to use this thing although i have one question....

can you have a button that allows it to burst into flames viking style?

Well.. I can get flames going, but can't find any code examples on KSPEvent usage... I think that's the bit I need to make it a button in the part's right-click menu no? Once activated I can just add heat to the part and tie the particles to the heat level.. the explosion should take care of itself after that I think? plugin developing is still a bit out of my reach at the moment.

for now it'll just have to be tiny bit of RCS or Solid fuel to deorbit it. or leave it in orbit... or just have a constantly flaming coffin attached to your vessel.

Edited by nli2work

• 1. Handrails, same function as Pegasus Mobility Enhancer, different look. Two convenient sizes
  • 2. Koffin, cozy box to send your Kerbal on. Max temperature of ~1200 degrees so if you have DRE, they burn up real nice on reentry. Future update will add option for Epic Viking send off.
  • 3. Radial separators. been made by others before, same function, same limitations. Surface attachable, you get a stack node on top. Fuel flow enabled so you can mount engines on it. 0.625m, 1.25, and 2.5m sizes

L2m5Zoh.jpg

download links in release thread

That coffin is nice. Reminds of the Eterno Rest 2000 Helix 935 mentioned. Darnit, the file was corrupted and doesn't actually have the part itself. Unless anybody else has the Eterno Rest 2000 lying around on their computer it is forever lost.

Edited by mike9606

That coffin is nice. Reminds of the Eterno Rest 2000 Helix 935 mentioned. Darnit, the file was corrupted and doesn't actually have the part itself. Unless anybody else has the Eterno Rest 2000 lying around on their computer it is forever lost.

I just downloaded EternaRest yesterday from Curseforge and it worked fine. Is that where you tried to get it from?

I just downloaded EternaRest yesterday from Curseforge and it worked fine. Is that where you tried to get it from?

Wait it is on Curseforge?! I thought it was lost with spaceport and was trying to dropbox the spaceport file over to my new computer from my old one.

it's easy enough to modify the textures on that to get what you want... but why would you want IVA in a coffin?

Because it would be a cryogenic storage pod- for kerbals.

Also, it would need a hatch- to let them out once the kerbals have landed.

95% done! full set of low profile LF/OX engines for all your compact design needs from 0.625m to 3.75m.

Not as thin as the one from B9. but still good. Just need to type up some fluff text and pack it up for shipment.

z8MUJMX.jpg

Edited by nli2work

I'm torn between the need to deride and revile this as an abomination and the desire to see this at the top of a giant Kerbal robot.....

Perhaps as part of a 5 vehicle combinable robot.

"And I'll form... the head!"

Also... have you seen that plugin that lets you see the interior (IVA) through the portholes???

Also... have you seen that plugin that lets you see the interior (IVA) through the portholes???

You mean JSIRPM's transparentPod module? Haven't messed with it. Still reading Mihara's documentation. I've got a jet pit in mind as a way to get familiar with RPM plugin. My glass command pod is good candidate for transparentPod plugin... have to experiment!

Edited by nli2work

You mean JSIRPM's transparentPod module? Haven't messed with it. Still reading Mihara's documentation. I've got a jet pit in mind as a way to get familiar with RPM plugin. My glass command pod is good candidate for transparentPod plugin... have to experiment!

I think that's it. Unless therre's more than one mod that does that

I would love to have these engines... but I'm not going to download them, for one very simple reason: I cannot stand that black and yellow warning stripe! Not on an engine, anyway. It's why I don't use any stock Squad engines without the retexture pack that's available.

If you'd consider retexturing to a more KW Rocketry or B9 or AIES look, then I'd be really interested. :) Or perhaps offer an alternate texture pack, or even use Firespitter's texture switching capability, then you'd have even more 'customers'! :D

I'll keep this thread under observation to see if anything develops in the texture dept.

That's all, carry on. :)

I would love to have these engines... but I'm not going to download them, for one very simple reason: I cannot stand that black and yellow warning stripe! Not on an engine, anyway. It's why I don't use any stock Squad engines without the retexture pack that's available.

If you'd consider retexturing to a more KW Rocketry or B9 or AIES look, then I'd be really interested. :) Or perhaps offer an alternate texture pack, or even use Firespitter's texture switching capability, then you'd have even more 'customers'! :D

I'll keep this thread under observation to see if anything develops in the texture dept.

That's all, carry on. :)

the textures are tga, easy to edit them to your liking. I didn't know there were retexture packs for stock parts.

Edited by nli2work

Those low-profile engine are really nice :) I like them.

I have made one more simple and jet engine type (1.25m diameter, 60 kN):

I hadn't thought of making low profile air breathers... maybe I should add that to my to-do list. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.