[WIP] NohArk's Pick and Pull - Space Tug DEV 0.4

nli2work

How come the lamp has a visible light cone? Isn't space devoid of any particles which might be illuminated in this way?

Normally, yes. However, the space around Kerbol is a chaotic place, full of collisions and explosions and the dust of countless kerbal lives and their nearly disintegrated spacecrafts. This has resulted in a very fine nebula-like formation to cover the entire system. Under certain light spectrum, such as the one so precisely turned in to by the creators of the light fixture in question, this dust can be seen by by the naked eye and create the phenomenon known as the "light cone." Otherwise, this cloud is virtually undetectable and does little to interfere with further operations in Kerbol space. To the distant viewer, however, Kerbol would be a massive shimmering, glowing, and irregularly shaped cloud of tiny particles thick enough to block out any other visual representation the Kerbol system would normally give off.

At least, that's one theory.

fun one before 3 week break. Space suit helmet from Planetes series. requires KAS.

Cheers!

http://i.imgur.com/32YdGLH.jpg

download link here

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99013-Pro-Props-Wearable-items-for-your-kerbals?p=1596438&viewfull=1#post1596438

That's awesome!

re: visible light cone for the tugs spotlights, I think it's an acceptable gamelike abstraction, realistic or not, but more importantly it does make it inconsistent with the other light sources.

fun one before 3 week break. Space suit helmet from Planetes series. requires KAS.

Cheers!

http://i.imgur.com/32YdGLH.jpg

download link here

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99013-Pro-Props-Wearable-items-for-your-kerbals?p=1596438&viewfull=1#post1596438

Hey, is there any way to get this to work in space? Or to replace the default helmet or something...

• 1 month later...

better comparison

b8fzpHm.jpg

differences between Unity 4 and 5?

Alot of rendering improvements. I only skimmed the change log. Most visible thing is the Standard Shader and realtime GI system. The editor is still familiar. If you know Unity 4 it's just a matter of seeing what's new. As far as relevant to KSP, it's hard to say. really depends on what Squad does with PartTools. Parttools 0.23 can probably work in Unity 5, you'll have to hack around the broken emissive animation, it's just too legacy for Unity to support and PartTools 0.23 doesn't support Animator component AFAIK. MechAnim is geared toward animating characters, setting animations for KSP type stuff like solar panels and lights can be more time consuming than with the legacy animation system. But MechAnim is easier to control through script when a controller is properly setup with parameters the scripts can use as triggers. Squad stands to gain a lot by switching the Kerbals to MechAnim.

pulled the Mk3 cockpit from 0.9 and messed around with it in Unity 5. Additional maps were hacked from the existing Diffuse map and has a lot of room for improvement, at the cost of extra development time.

Edited by nli2work

• 1 month later...
I am looking forward to seeing this in 1.0. will be very nice.

I totally agree, with the new BDArmory update and the combat contracts some other mod added i'm making a whole install for just plane mods. Proc wings seems to be the main thing holding us back so far.

This asteroid tug is outstanding.

Capsule, grabber unit, all parts are very clever designed and nicely done, love this industrial style.

Too bad there is no iva yet, such capsule with wide field of view is something that needs IVA most, it woudl actually be fun to pilot ship from inside.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.