[WIP] NohArk's Pick and Pull - Space Tug DEV 0.4

nli2work

Most of this stuff will be flat looking because I don't want to spend weeks creating a proper highpoly mesh just to bake AO and Normal map. Not making a PS4 game here. just some stuff for fun. That and there's alot of texture sharing, if I laid it on 100% the AO would only look right on 1 and the rest would be off.

You ought to make your User Title Bake AO, Cpt. Kipard.

I know, right!? I was thinking about putting something like that in my signature, not 15 minutes ago.

Biggest reason is texture sharing. I have 7.5 engines sharing the same texture. have to compromise on the AO.

Oh man! Alright then, you've painted yourself into a corner there. I wont bother you anymore then.

Karbonite v1 is released! I built them engines. Go download it!

FBeoYXg.png

uQ4Nvw9.png

Aand still dealing with RPM pages, fleshing out IVA. accidental setback, deleted the RPM page definitions. hopefully I can salvage it. else I have to recreate them.

test flight with Monopod, micro pod with IVA for ultra light applications

ka3dnd7.jpg

Edited by nli2work

Ultra High Bypass Turbofan. piece of novel 80s tech that got dropped in the US after the oil prices dropped. test prototypes built by GE performed comparably to standard turbofans; but much more fuel efficient.

*page definition files recovered! will have proper test flight footage soon. :D

One of those turbofans looks suspiciously familiar compared to KH2O4 :P All joking aside those models are stupendous. I REALLY like the look of that little baby cockpit.

I changed the blade geometry by 20% to avoid patent issues. :D

hmm Nli2Work your Heavy Duty Command seat has a crappy IVA, i mean look at it....

ygUaMtw.png

Its dials are painted on and the RPM doesn't work.... :wink:

This is a joke using FirstPersonEVA so please don't take this as an insult

Edited by Helix935

LOL. I admit it! I cheated. :D

productive weekend... 4th engine; color scheme change; main landing gear; new lander leg for Karbonite. a little more kinds to iron out with landing gear, but getting there.

Zsk34w3.gif

PoNXW7d.jpg

todo:

nose gear and tail gear to match main gear.

Edited by nli2work

WOW. Your art is amazing, right up there with ZZZ and Frizzank. I build a lot of aircraft in KSP; those props and the cockpit are amazing. Would you like it if I tried making some AJE configs for these engines, the same way I did for the Eddies? I've never done AJE configs before, but this is a great chance to learn.

WOW. Your art is amazing, right up there with ZZZ and Frizzank. I build a lot of aircraft in KSP; those props and the cockpit are amazing. Would you like it if I tried making some AJE configs for these engines, the same way I did for the Eddies? I've never done AJE configs before, but this is a great chance to learn.

Yeah absolutely! I can learn some from you about doing those configs too. :)

That's terrific. I can help out with doing vanilla KSP configs too. Writing config files is enjoyable for me, believe it or not! I must have about a hundred KSP-related tabs open in Notepad++ right now, heh. I used to do this for Naten, wrote curves for a couple of his engines, including a scramjet. Some people build space stations, some build colonies, some do stunts... My two great passions are unmanned probes (I've done planetary landings with RemoteTech 2 signal delay!) and spaceplanes. Well, that, and lift bodies; I get great edification from building efficient, attractive multi-stage launchers, which is why I'm all over RealSolarSystem now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.