[0.90] ON HOLD Klockheed Martian Special Parts V2.2 - 28-Nov - Dev Thread

Dtobi, the dropbox folder Klockheed_Martian_Special is empty. The others seem fine. I'm going to do some testing now.

The crocodile fairings are still acting weird as I mentioned before:

It is more odd than annoying.

I tried to reproduce this but couldn't for me the crocs are always in the state I left them. When they come from the VAB, they act OK as well. Can you give me a step by step explanation how to reproduce this?

I tried to reproduce this but couldn't for me the crocs are always in the state I left them. When they come from the VAB, they act OK as well. Can you give me a step by step explanation how to reproduce this?

I retried it with the latest download of dropbox on a stock 32 bit install. Made a craft with a probe, two panels with crocs on them. One open and one closed. As soon as it is loaded in flight the crocs change state.

I made a quick video to show the behavior, see the Dropbox folder. I also included the output log of that session.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z5r9l8nosyxitju/AAAmN6VGu2x_PoFHrmO-wVGLa

Hope it helps.

here is a error with special parts but i cant be shure its a problem with your mode or stock skylab

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at SkyLabExperiment.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object, Boolean)

UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)

PartLoader:StripComponent(GameObject)

PartLoader:CreatePartIcon(GameObject, Single&)

PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)

:MoveNext()

sorry for the damn smilies

:ParsePart

sorry for the damn smilies

I'm going to be immature here... ehehehehehheeh Arse ehehehe

Also dtobi the auto-deploy option seems to be a bit wonky, like some auto deploy without it being set on, and others don't

I noticed when I tried to tweak the scale of the cargo bays the sizes are 1.25m, 1.875m and 3.75m.

There doesn't seem to be any 2.5m size. I think there may have been some other parts too.

Maybe the telescope lid and others?

I'm sorry. The download options are a bit confusing for me.

If I want to get the parts displayed on the front page, do I just download Klockheed_Martian and then one of the Klockheed_Martian_Special files? Also, what is "others," (the download shows v2.0.1 and v2.0.1others)?

Not sure how difficult it would be, but I think it would be cool to see hollow docking rings (like this) added to this mod. Maybe add a part that would encase the top edge of an engine and be the first docking ring, and then a docking ring to put on a generic shroud.

I'm sorry. The download options are a bit confusing for me.

If I want to get the parts displayed on the front page, do I just download Klockheed_Martian and then one of the Klockheed_Martian_Special files? Also, what is "others," (the download shows v2.0.1 and v2.0.1others)?

ALways use the latest one. That would be 2.01. The otherzip zips are exactly the same but zipped with a different zip too. This is a courtesy to linux users who had issues with the zip files.

You just need klockheed_martian and klockheed_martian_special

Anybody interested in some real wet workshop parts? Its basically just a door, some supply containers and some windows. Attach the door to any tank of any size (3 and 4m are fun!) and convert the empty space in the tank to living space.

That 3m huge tank can house more than 20 kerbals (using the same volume per kerbal as the hitchhiker). I might release these soon after some testing if enough interest exists. The tanks and engines are from KW Rocketry (love these).

Edited by diomedea
corrected link to Imgur album

Anybody interested in some real wet workshop parts? Its basically just a door, some supply containers and some windows. Attach the door to any tank of any size (3 and 4m are fun!) and convert the empty space in the tank to living space.

Will you include a fuel dump part for any left over fuel?

The crocodile adapters are useless - they haven't any nodes to attach something inside them.

Strong verdict. Could it be that you are doing it wrong?

Try using a end plate below the croc. The end plate gives you the missing attachment point.

Hey dtobi! Thanks again for the hard work that you put into your mods. It really is appreciated. I'm making great use of your new float parts as seen in the video below. I've needed something like this for a long time now. Please keep up the great work!

I've been having very strange issues with KM Special Parts. I made an Apollo style mission using the storage shrouds and Crocodile fairings. Everything works fine UNTIL I leave the ship alone and return to it. Suddenly, Kerbin has disappeared, all of the ship has disappeared asides from the Capsule itself, and nothing works.

After removing the KM parts from the ship, this glitch was not in any way repeatable.

Is it not playing nice with my other addons?

On the ship is the following:

KW Rocketry 2.6c

SDHI Service Module 2.0

Aerojet Kerbodyne (RCS thrusters)

ASET Alcor lander pod

Procedural Parts 0.9.18

Tweakscale 1.37

I am using the latest version of KM parts too.

e: Oh, and it's x86 / 32bit

Dtobi, the dropbox folder Klockheed_Martian_Special is empty. The others seem fine. I'm going to do some testing now.

The crocodile fairings are still acting weird as I mentioned before...

I tried it... does it only happen when you go from VAB to the launchpad without anything attached on top?

Or did you also see this during flight?

Ok. I just uploaded a new version (2.1). It should be more stable since it does not require dynamic linking of the km_lib anymore. km_lib is still required though.

As a goodie it contains a set of parts for wet workshops.

Steps:

1)Attach a door to a tank.

2) Launch your rocket and drain the tank COMPLETELY. (Smart Parts has a fuel valve to help with that!)

3) Bring supplies and transfer these to the door.

4) Klick the door and convert empty tanks to empty space to living space

5) Bring kerbals to the door

Right now all happens in the door. Depending on the feedback, I might continue this and extend it with connected living space support, etc.

I Have an issue. It is impossible to open and close the Crocodile fairings, and the Cargo Bays. I get no option to open and close them.

Did you install the KM base package, too?

Did you install the KM base package, too?

I realized that the KM base I installed only contained the command bunker. It works now.

Edited by Hocki

I've been having very strange issues with KM Special Parts. I made an Apollo style mission using the storage shrouds and Crocodile fairings. Everything works fine UNTIL I leave the ship alone and return to it. Suddenly, Kerbin has disappeared, all of the ship has disappeared asides from the Capsule itself, and nothing works.

I've been having the same problem off and on. Need to do more testing but for me it seems that upgrading TweakScale breaks Special Parts that are already in use. Temporarily removing TweakScale seems to workaround the problem without explosions (so far...).

dtobi -- I managed to reproduce the bug with KM special parts that use TweakScale in career mode. This same problem doesn't happen in sandbox mode and doesn't happen with Squad parts that use TweakScale.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a new career save.
  2. Create a simple craft consisting of a pod and a KM shroud (any type)
  3. Launch, then exit to space center and exit the game. It's important that you actually restart the game, not just exit out to the space center or title screen.
  4. Re-open KSP, open the save.
  5. Go to the craft on the launch pad. Craft is now broken.

Full logs are available here, relevant portion excerpted below.

------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Target vessel index: 2 vessel count: 3

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Untitled Space Craft ----------------------

setting new dominant body: Kerbin
FlightGlobals.mainBody: Kerbin

Reference Frame: Rotating

[TweakScale Warning] No SCALETYPE with name stack

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
at TweakScale.TweakScale.Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TweakScale.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.LoadModule (.ConfigNode node, System.Int32& moduleIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoPartModuleSnapshot.Load (.Part hostPart, System.Int32& moduleIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoPartSnapshot.Load (.Vessel vesselRef, Boolean loadAsRootPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoVessel.LoadObjects () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.MakeActive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Km attachment tweaker is running!!!

[TweakScale Warning] No SCALETYPE with name stack

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
at TweakScale.TweakScale.Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TweakScale.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[KAE] Registering field prefabs for version 1.7.0.0 (latest)

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption

[VesselSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.ScaleModList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.RemoveApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractsApp.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MeshFilter:set_sharedMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh)

at SpriteMesh.CreateMesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteMesh.get_mesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteRoot.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteBase.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIListItemContainer.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (Int32 index, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.RemoveApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ResourceDisplay.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MapView.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0