[1.10.0] NanoGauges - tiny ana1og gauges for kerbalnauts -1.10.0-3463

Nereid

I've got this mostly working under 1.1 (impatient, I am, and can't fly without it) with a couple of exceptions I'm still fiddling with -

1. Tooltips, which do not display; and
  2. The gear/brake indicator lights, which I'm still working out how to get status from the replacements for ModuleLandingGear.

I've sent you a pull request with the work I've done already, which hopefully will be useful.

-c

• 3 weeks later...

Updated for KSP 1.1.0

The indicator gauge is not working at the  moment. I have to figure out how to get the brake and gear states. SQUAD has changed the classes for wheels.

The Zoom/Exact-Readout-Option is not working in the current build. It should not be that difficult to fix, but I have decided to release a version for KSP 1.1.0 as soon as possible.

The default layout is now different. If you play on screens larger then 1900 pixel horizontally you will get a more useful layout of the gauges as default. And not all gauges are enabled for all gauge sets. You can change this of course afterwards. (this was the reason I have delayed the next release to KSP 1.1.0, because it was completely broken in my last builds; and I was a bit to lazy to fix it)

And finally I think NanoGauges is complete now, so it gets an major version of 1 (my internal last build already was at version 0.9...).

On 7.4.2016 at 9:34 PM, Cerebrate said:

I've got this mostly working under 1.1 (impatient, I am, and can't fly without it) with a couple of exceptions I'm still fiddling with -

1. Tooltips, which do not display; and
  2. The gear/brake indicator lights, which I'm still working out how to get status from the replacements for ModuleLandingGear.

I've sent you a pull request with the work I've done already, which hopefully will be useful.

Thanks for your work, but I was already changing the code before I read this. If you find any solution for the gear/brake  indicators feel free to make another pull request.

I will delay this for a few days (and if we do not get a solution until the release of Stellaris maybe a bit longer ;))

4 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Is this appearing in Blizzy or stock toolbar? I'm not seeing it to get at the config.

It should appear under blizzys toolbar or the stock menu. It's your choice. But you will just get it in flight (not in the space center, VAB, SPH,...)

Edited by Nereid

6 minutes ago, Nereid said:

It should appear under blizzys toolbar or the stock menu. It's your choice. But you will just get it in flight (not in the space center, VAB, SPH,...)

Not sure what was missing, but upon starting the game again -- it shows up as a new button in blizzy bar. Cheers!

Some minor issues found in 1.1.0-2113:

• Ablator gauge not working (working, but a heat shield is of course required)
  • Air temperatur gauge missing (missing texture; fixed)
  • External temperature gauge readings of 2000 degrees outside the atmosphere (gone for no reason)
  • "Exception in window Nereid.NanoGauges.TooltipWindow, id 19281" (fixed)
  • a few gauges permanently disabled in the code by accident (fixed)
  • some minor warnings (fixed)
Edited by Nereid

Hello Nereid,
I tried today your plugin and unfortunately the icon to open the configuration panel does not appear in the default bar, neither is selectable or addable to the Blizzy78 Toolbar. So I ended up with the full set of nano guages that, even if amazing as for its look, covers a good portion of the screen.

I run KSP 1.1 on a MacBook Pro early 2013.

Neat mod! Once I actually get to the KSC view after landing, i can start to configure them.
As it stands, my only complaint so far is that the default position gauges are covering where i put my blizzy, and i cant move the gauges without accessing the blizzy! XD

EDIT: Ah! The gauges are click-through! I just had to do it a little blindly...
Onward and downward!...I mean upward!

Edited by Venusgate

1 hour ago, Venusgate said:

Neat mod! Once I actually get to the KSC view after landing, i can start to configure them.
As it stands, my only complaint so far is that the default position gauges are covering where i put my blizzy, and i cant move the gauges without accessing the blizzy! XD

EDIT: Ah! The gauges are click-through! I just had to do it a little blindly...
Onward and downward!...I mean upward!

You can change all positions by dragging the gauges. If you leave KSP via the main menu or by saving the positions in the config menu of NG, they will appear in the new positions next time you start KSP.

The "Click-Trough" is somewhat of an accident. I have this "problem" with all of my windows in KSP. If somebody can enlighten me how to avoid this...

On 29.4.2016 at 11:16 AM, Venusgate said:

Now I understand your problem. But there is a simple solution to it: Just hide all gauges by the keyboard shortcut: Numlock; or RCTRL-TAB or  RCTRL-DEL (which conflicts with a default key unfortunately). 

Pressing the key again will unhide all gauges of course.

Edited by Nereid

This mod is causing my ships to deform. I'm not sure if its throwing an error but if i load ship that was fine before from the tracking station or map, the parts are jumbled up. The only mods i've used are ui and gameplay tweaks. I removed all mods then reinstalled Nano gauges, KSP(mini)_AVC, and mod manager 2.6.24 along with wiping my install clean and restored my save folder. Stock parts that i have offset in the VAB/SPH to clean up the aesthetic of my ships are no longer offset when i load up a vehicle, the result is badly deformed ships. Removing this mod corrected the issue. Hope it can be resolved soon.  I really like the at a glance resource monitoring like battery charge and other important aspects. I only wish there could be 175% to 200%+ ui scale to the options. Kinda tiney on a 1900x1200 monitor even at 150%. I only use a few of the dials but with KER it adds a lot to the game's interface.

Edited by CobaltMongoose

1 hour ago, CobaltMongoose said:

This mod is causing my ships to deform. I'm not sure if its throwing an error but if i load ship that was fine before from the tracking station or map, the parts are jumbled up. The only mods i've used are ui and gameplay tweaks. I removed all mods then reinstalled Nano gauges, KSP(mini)_AVC, and mod manager 2.6.24 along with wiping my install clean and restored my save folder. Stock parts that i have offset in the VAB/SPH to clean up the aesthetic of my ships are no longer offset when i load up a vehicle, the result is badly deformed ships. Removing this mod corrected the issue. Hope it can be resolved soon.  I really like the at a glance resource monitoring like battery charge and other important aspects. I only wish there could be 175% to 200%+ ui scale to the options. Kinda tiney on a 1900x1200 monitor even at 150%. I only use a few of the dials but with KER it adds a lot to the game's interface.

I need a save to solve this. I will send you a mail address. 

I'm investigating the reported issue. It seems some of my changes for 1.1.0/1.1.2 caused this. NG scans the active vessel if it get changed (by staging or a collision) and in this case the scan takes up to 1200 ms. In my tests (with smaller vessels but looping the scan) it takes way less than 1 ms. EDIT: Not caused by the vessel scans (caused by the vessel scans but in an unexpected way)

Two options: I will make the scans (and some gauges) optional and/or optimize the scan. This will take one day or two.

Until then: don't use NG with larger vessels (which a lot of parts). (no need for this at all)

Still not clear what is causing this...

And the really bad news: It won't happen on my system at all. Even with vessels containing nearly 700 parts.

Edited by Nereid

I can now reproduce the reported issue and I know what is causing this. The good news: 99% of all vessels should not be affected by this. But if you design vessels in a specifc way KSP 1.1.x seems to be crazy about it, if NG is installed...

EDIT: I'm still not able to create such vessels provided by CobaltMongoose myself. If I design a vessel, it works every time even with NG installed. I have tried it but even if I just change the vessel from CobalMongoose a bit, it works...:huh: Anyway... I will try to find a way around it.

Edited by Nereid

Nereid, how difficult would it be to set the fuel gauges to detect the various fuels used by RealFuels instead of the stock Liquid Fuel? I took a look at your source, but unfortunately I'm not really a coder and would have no idea as to the proper syntax to express what I would like it to do.

(Sorry to be such a bother across your various mods, I'm just out to create my perfect version of KSP!)

10 hours ago, Minowara said:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I am missing something. When configuring the gauges to my liking, I seem to be unable to find the button to turn off the Seismometer...

Thisa may be a bug. You can turn  it off by holding down the hotkey (RIGHT-CTRL) and clicking the red X. But you cannot turn it on again then if the buttonb in the config is missing. I will check this.

Confirmed. Fixed in the next release (hopefully tomorrow).

5 hours ago, Minowara said:

Nereid, how difficult would it be to set the fuel gauges to detect the various fuels used by RealFuels instead of the stock Liquid Fuel? I took a look at your source, but unfortunately I'm not really a coder and would have no idea as to the proper syntax to express what I would like it to do.

This should not be very difficult in general. But a generic approch is not that easy. I can test RF myself and see how many in there. If there are to many, I need a list of the important ones.

Edited by Nereid

@Nereid

I can give your more information about that ship deformation bug, Nereid, and I bet you'll be able to reproduce it 100% of the time, too.

I spent the better part of today tracking down which of my huge collection of mods was destroying my ship on reload, and I was really surprised when it turned out to be Nanogauges!

To see the bug simply build any vessel that has at least one piece attached to another, but the important thing is that you then click on the "Tool:Move" button in the upper left and move a piece so it intersects another one. Then launch and use Hyperedit or some other means to get the vessel in orbit (the bug won't appear unless you are "launched"). Leave the vehicle and go back to the space center, enter the tracking station, and go back to your vessel. The piece you edited with "Tool:Move" will have popped back to its original location... or worse.

I've seen the pieces move and explode spectacularly, and I've also seen them just push everything else out of their way, bending and warping the alignment on all the other pieces. When I went back to an orbital shuttle of mine it looked like a paper airplane some kid had crumpled up in his hand. Not pretty. :blush:

Anyway, hope you can fix this. It's 100% consistent, but it only seems to affect pieces that have been moved like that.

Edited by Rhedd

2 hours ago, Rhedd said:

@Nereid

I can give your more information about that ship deformation bug, Nereid, and I bet you'll be able to reproduce it 100% of the time, too.

Thank you, but I already have  solved this. Fixing it was a little complicated (but not that much at the end) and I have not tested all gauges yet. But I will test them today and release it tomorrow, if I won't find any new bugs.

5 minutes ago, Nereid said:

Thank you, but I already have  solved this. Fixing it was a little complicated (but not that much at the end) and I have not tested all gauges yet. But I will test them today and release it tomorrow, if I won't find any new bugs.

Great to hear, thanks!

Fixed. Unfortunately the scaling of the gauge seems to be broken and the new 200% scale isn't working, too. Maybe I can fix this at the weekend; if not it will take a week.

The gauge scaling is fixed in 1.1.11-2274

Edited by Nereid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.