[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

The RCS thrusters (Staedler RV-XXX) are inverted in their size. The mass is still as the name implies (1/2 or 1/4) but the size is the other way around: the 1/4 sie is actually four times the size of the normal one.

Also changing the configuration and the Tech Level doesn't show immediately , only when I right-click again.

Edited by mecki

@MegaUZI: Never used it, I can try it later. At this point you are on your own.

@mecki: RealChutes, Yep, I see that this morning. Guess I'll be taking a look to see what'll happen. What I'm likely going to do, now that things are integrated with RealChutes is make it work around what it adds, shouldn't take much. Less 'special red instructions' and makes RO a bit more dummy proof. I'll take a look at RCS too!

Edited by RedAV8R

RCS has been fixed...RLA now complete, featuring RealEngines for entire stockalike lineup (still possible bugs of course)...now looking at RealChutes...

You're a freaking work horse, really appreciate all you're doing.

RCS has been fixed...RLA now complete, featuring RealEngines for entire stockalike lineup (still possible bugs of course)...now looking at RealChutes...

Thanks for doing all of this. :) What TAC pre-release version should be used with the GitHub version? (OP says #3, but that's for the released version)

Edited by Woopert

@mecki: I don't really see a reason to touch the struts. We already know that the 'strength' between parts is a weak point in the whole design of things, and usually doesn't do real world justice. I still use KJR just in case, if anything for the physics easing between scenes. I only use struts on big boosters (that I can remember), simply because the one radial decoupler isn't enough to keep things straight, and that's fine with me. A pair on top and a pair below, works well for almost any case.

@mecki: I don't really see a reason to touch the struts. We already know that the 'strength' between parts is a weak point in the whole design of things, and usually doesn't do real world justice. I still use KJR just in case, if anything for the physics easing between scenes. I only use struts on big boosters (that I can remember), simply because the one radial decoupler isn't enough to keep things straight, and that's fine with me. A pair on top and a pair below, works well for almost any case.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

I just saw that the "EAS-4 Strut Connector Medium" (a KW part( is labeled with a strength of 42000 whereas the "EAS-4 Strut Connector" has 150.

I thought the difference was pretty high. But maybe it is right this way. And after all you're still right when you say that they are fine the way they are.

Thanks!

All my KW Rocketry based engines except the RD107/108 and Rocketdyne F-1 (Five) turn up in the wrong size. They are too small, 1 m diameter instead of 2 m etc. Is anyone else getting this?

It's been a while since I rescaled things, but I'll take a look in the cfg and see if I can spot anything suspicious.

Also, RedAV8R: Really nice work on this!

All my KW Rocketry based engines except the RD107/108 and Rocketdyne F-1 (Five) turn up in the wrong size. They are too small, 1 m diameter instead of 2 m etc. Is anyone else getting this?

It's been a while since I rescaled things, but I'll take a look in the cfg and see if I can spot anything suspicious.

PLEASE. Follow the troubleshooting steps in the OP. There is NO NEED to look in the configs, they are correct. This is an install problem or something on YOUR end. If the proper steps are followed. NO PROBLEMS.

Edited by RedAV8R

So i guess i will have to stick with procedural parts.

Edit: Anyone know how to install the engine thrust controller and engine gimbal? Just copy the plugins folder into any created folder in gamedata?

And where to put module fixer?

Did you ever figure out what was the issue with the camera floating away?

I'm having the same issue right now with any craft I build at around 6km it floats on its own.

I removed tweakscale but that's not the issue.

ksp log:

[EXC 15:59:06.305] NullReferenceException

[EXC 15:59:06.309] NullReferenceException

[EXC 15:59:06.313] NullReferenceException

[EXC 15:59:06.317] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Remember that most of the engines were re-purposed into the RealEngines so they all have their sizes changed. Some recent KW releases have added a few new engines though which haven't been integrated.

Hi, would like to report an issue:

Basic info:

i5, 8GB RAM, GT 645M

Linux 3.14.1 x86_64

Newest KSP 64bit, RO v6.0a8 + all requirements + TAC + RT2 + KER

Issue: shown HERE, repeatable always around this speed - makes the game unplayayble

It does not happen if I remove an RO directory (all other mods stay)

LOG: HERE

Happy to give any additional info, just let me know.

Will try to use this exact mod-mix (copy-paste) on windows - will post the result.

Remember that most of the engines were re-purposed into the RealEngines so they all have their sizes changed. Some recent KW releases have added a few new engines though which haven't been integrated.

True and false. Yes sizes have likely been changed for most engines, HOWEVER, using their latest release, all engines with KW have been integrated.

Basic info:

i5, 8GB RAM, GT 645M

Linux 3.14.1 x86_64

Issue: shown HERE, repeatable always around this speed - makes the game unplayayble

Will try to use this exact mod-mix (copy-paste) on windows - will post the result.

WELL...you kinda sorta followed directions. I'm happy to report THIS IS NOT AN RO BUG. Have you ensured each and every requirement is up to date...mainly RealChutes...your log is spammed with NRE's associated with RealChutes, I believe the latest version fixes this issues. Latest RealChutes is v1.2.4.

Basic info:

i5, 8GB RAM, GT 645M

Linux 3.14.1 x86_64

There was also a bug in RealChute which caused similar behavior. Are you on the latest version of RealChute?

Been searching the thread but cannot find a solution to my issue. SRBs TWR are not displaying correctly. (example) I build a rocket with SRBs (Castor 4AXL) and I get a TWR of 1.51. One I launch the TWR drops to .99. It is not just for these SRBs but all the KW ones I tested. Procedural SRBs are not affected. I can build them and what I build is what I get. Is there a work around or is it something I am doing wrong. running .24.2 with updated mods associated with RO. Appreciate your advice.

Been searching the thread but cannot find a solution to my issue. SRBs TWR are not displaying correctly. (example) I build a rocket with SRBs (Castor 4AXL) and I get a TWR of 1.51. One I launch the TWR drops to .99. It is not just for these SRBs but all the KW ones I tested. Procedural SRBs are not affected. I can build them and what I build is what I get. Is there a work around or is it something I am doing wrong. running .24.2 with updated mods associated with RO. Appreciate your advice.

This is an issue with the thrust curves, they need to be updated, we are working on it. Solution. Time. Wait.

Basic info:

i5, 8GB RAM, GT 645M

Linux 3.14.1 x86_64

I experience the same bug with all stock-chutes, also the radial ones, but not with the ones from RealChute. So the game is not completely unplayable for me, but I would appreciate a fix of that, too.

However, priority for me would be a fix in Procedural Parts, for they are not procedural anymore and alternatives are causing frequent crashes...

Anyways, I am glad RO has made it into .24.2 so quickly. Respect, keep it up!