[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

Does the overhaul alter docking in some way? I have been trying to dock for 30 minutes, no cigar. Plus, the docking autopilot goes crazy and tries to deorbit me.

I bumped into the other docking port 3 times and they never docked (SAS disabled).

Does the overhaul alter docking in some way? I have been trying to dock for 30 minutes, no cigar. Plus, the docking autopilot goes crazy and tries to deorbit me.

I bumped into the other docking port 3 times and they never docked (SAS disabled).

Yes it does...and that hasn't been quite tested yet. In theory it has been made way harder than it used to be, perhaps too hard. Almost done with this NovaPunch and I'll take a look.

Thanks! I admit that my alignment wasn't perfect, but it felt like there was no magnet at all. OTOH, I guess I must be the one doing something wrong if I'm the only one complaining...

Also, is it just me or Mechjeb gets really confused by RSS + RO? It is doing all sorts of strange stuff for me, like not responding to Smart ASS commands, or the aforementioned docking problem (it flies away from the target, instead of towards it).

Don't get me wrong, flying manually is really fun, but I don't think this is supposed to happen... I'll try and ask in the mechjeb thread too.

Mechjeb doing things in reverse happens to me too, no idea what causes this. As for docking - has anything changed since late 23.5 version? If not, then yeah, it's pretty hard as there is no magic magnets and you need to align almost perfectly. It is still perfectly possible though, even if in harder cases usually takes several attempts to get right (quicksave is your friend, patience to keep the velocities manageably low helps too, or a book to read in the meantime :P). I've constructed a whole space station this way: http://imgur.com/a/0evt8#0

Overall I wouldn't recommend letting mechjeb handle RCS, it wastes ungodly amounts of it. Where mechjeb excels is handling gimbals to keep long burns on course.

Yes it does...and that hasn't been quite tested yet. In theory it has been made way harder than it used to be, perhaps too hard. Almost done with this NovaPunch and I'll take a look.

I just had to pipe in here on this subject !!!

I don't think it's made too hard if it is accurate in it simulating reality closer. First time I docked in RO I was wondering why a slight mis-alignment wasn't pulling me like it used to. Then I thought, "finally, somebody made docking like it's supposed to be." Things dock well when they are aligned. Now, maybe a mod showing you your alignment would be useful, but let's not make docking gamey. Just my opinion.

I know I saw a message about where Career related request would be put at the very lowest of the To-Do list.

But I have a request that if you find that you're looking in that section of code anyway, we need the contracts where they want you to test something in orbit or sub-orbital, the altitude needs adjusting. I don't know if each contract has to be edited or is there some factor the contract generator is using, but the numbers are too low to be an orbit or even sub-orbital.

So far, the career mode play has been very well, if you leave all those orbital and sub-orbital contracts alone.

Thanks for your time.

Hey guys, no problem, really: I don't want it nerfed, I just wanted to know if it was supposed to be so hard or not :)

I guess I need the docking indicator by navyfish again :)

Since I start using NavHud, I don't need others any longer. :P

Hey guys, no problem, really: I don't want it nerfed, I just wanted to know if it was supposed to be so hard or not :)

I guess I need the docking indicator by navyfish again :)

I also had more problems than usual, couldn't dock at all when I put the RCS in the wrong place, but it's fun :). And navyfish's tool works well in RO.

I seem to have lost the throttling limits on engines. They will throttle all the way down now, like the stock engines used to.

Let me describe the situation: I had a clean RO but slowly started adding pieces from other mods. At this point, I still have throttle limits. Next the game started frequently crashing on the end of flights. Engines still have throttle limits at this point, but I can't take the crashing anymore so I totally scrap the folder to the Recycle Bin. My Steam installation of KSP is completely fresh, validated, and untouched. I use it as a mother-folder to produce offspring installs in another location via copy/paste. So I create a fresh KSP off that, and start filling its GameData with the required RO mods. Lastly I check the mod list against my folder, make sure it's all there and finally install RO 6a11. This is when I noticed the engines had stock throttling.

I have ONE unsupported mod: GoodspeedPump

This is installed on every proceduralTank* part like so:

@PART[proceduralTank*]:HAS[!MODULE[GoodspeedPump]]
{
MODULE
{
name = GoodspeedPump
}
}

I installed this after noticing the problem, because my last install had both Goodspeed and limited throttles working fine. In fact I thought this would fix my problem, since at this point my GamaData was identical to the last install minus the extra mods that started crashing me.

OUTPUT LOG HERE

I seem to have lost the throttling limits on engines. They will throttle all the way down now, like the stock engines used to.

Let me describe the situation: I had a clean RO but slowly started adding pieces from other mods. At this point, I still have throttle limits. Next the game started frequently crashing on the end of flights. Engines still have throttle limits at this point, but I can't take the crashing anymore so I totally scrap the folder to the Recycle Bin. My Steam installation of KSP is completely fresh, validated, and untouched. I use it as a mother-folder to produce offspring installs in another location via copy/paste. So I create a fresh KSP off that, and start filling its GameData with the required RO mods. Lastly I check the mod list against my folder, make sure it's all there and finally install RO 6a11. This is when I noticed the engines had stock throttling.

I have ONE unsupported mod: GoodspeedPump

This is installed on every proceduralTank* part like so:

@PART[proceduralTank*]:HAS[!MODULE[GoodspeedPump]]
{
MODULE
{
name = GoodspeedPump
}
}

I installed this after noticing the problem, because my last install had both Goodspeed and limited throttles working fine. In fact I thought this would fix my problem, since at this point my GamaData was identical to the last install minus the extra mods that started crashing me.

OUTPUT LOG HERE

Well...Seems you've done most things right...But, do it again. Copy a fresh KSP over to wherever you want. Now re-download everything required (MM does have a new update now 2.3.4 seems to be working better than 2.3.3 was and is certainly newer than the 2.2.2 you have installed.) and if you want supported/recommended. Following these directions will result in success when followed. Something is obviously screwed up in your install.

NEW UPDATE!!! Find it at the OP.

v6.0 ALPHA 12 \/

*Update ModuleManager to current v2.3.4

*ModuleRCSFX Bug Fixes and Updates

*Small FASA bug/consistency fixes

*Engine Heat Fixes

*TAC LS Updates and Fixes

*Small LazTek bug/consistency fixes

*Retitled some KW parts and some minor KW resizing

*Repurposed KW SpaceShuttle SRB into SRMU to better fit whole RealEngine package

*Minor resizing of a couple other various parts

*Removed separate nose cone previously copied and added those sizes to existing nose cone

*Various typos fixed

*Consistency fixes between mods with identical parts

*NovaPunch 2.06 Now FULL Support - Including RealEngines and SRBs

Hmm, this is embarrassing.. It appears to have been working the whole time, and I only thought it wasn't working because something was different about the tooltip in VAB. I also play a 10x Kerbol game with RftS engines, and they show a minimum throttle on the tooltips. In RO, this shows up as a minimum thrust (not throttle) I believe. I was getting these 2 confused. I derped, you see? LOL anyway thanks for another update!

NEW UPDATE!!! Find it at the OP.

v6.0 ALPHA 12 \/

*Update ModuleManager to current v2.3.4

*ModuleRCSFX Bug Fixes and Updates

*Small FASA bug/consistency fixes

*Engine Heat Fixes

*TAC LS Updates and Fixes

*Small LazTek bug/consistency fixes

*Retitled some KW parts and some minor KW resizing

*Repurposed KW SpaceShuttle SRB into SRMU to better fit whole RealEngine package

*Minor resizing of a couple other various parts

*Removed separate nose cone previously copied and added those sizes to existing nose cone

*Various typos fixed

*Consistency fixes between mods with identical parts

*NovaPunch 2.06 Now FULL Support - Including RealEngines and SRBs

Cool! Thanks.

BTW: I just send my first Kerbal to the Moon, and he came back. alive. :)

Could I humbly suggest to add KSP-AVC support? It would be very nice to have :)

UPDATE: also, disregard what I said earlier regarding docking. It's not difficult, I was just bad. I docked now :)

Edited by Ippo

Hmm, this is embarrassing.. It appears to have been working the whole time, and I only thought it wasn't working because something was different about the tooltip in VAB. I also play a 10x Kerbol game with RftS engines, and they show a minimum throttle on the tooltips. In RO, this shows up as a minimum thrust (not throttle) I believe. I was getting these 2 confused. I derped, you see? LOL anyway thanks for another update!

Everybody does something like this at some point, glad it's working. Even more glad it was working all the time:)

I think I'm ready to go full RO now that I'm confident I can install everything. The *only* thing holding me back is the lack of guaranteed compatibility with KAS and Kethane, but I'm sure those will be coming soon. :)

Indeed. KAS and Kethane are small mods, relatively speaking. Looks like KospY released an official KAS version for .24.2 Sunday, YAY. Kethane shouldn't be hard. There needs to be a discussion about how to integrate Kethane into Realism Overhaul as it's simplistic ability to make anything out of one thing is not Realistic at all...

Could I humbly suggest to add KSP-AVC support? It would be very nice to have :)

UPDATE: also, disregard what I said earlier regarding docking. It's not difficult, I was just bad. I docked now :)

I'll look into it and talk with NK.

I'll look into it and talk with NK.

I hope you don't mind the pull request I just opened. If you do, I apologize: I didn't mean to be rude and force you, I just wanted to save you a little time. I know that Nathan already supports AVC in deadly reentry, so I would imagine he's ok with it.

Feel free to shoot it down in flames if it was unwanted :)

I hope you don't mind the pull request I just opened. If you do, I apologize: I didn't mean to be rude and force you, I just wanted to save you a little time. I know that Nathan already supports AVC in deadly reentry, so I would imagine he's ok with it.

Feel free to shoot it down in flames if it was unwanted :)

Don't mind those requests at all, that makes things easy:)