[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

Check the stock support forum's known issues stickies. They're very helpful. :)

MaxP: It's so that if Frizzank changes what kind of engine module (from ModuleEngines to ModuleEnginesFX) we don't have to change our cfg. It will patch either. It would only match one instance of a MODULE anyway; do read the docs on how MM works, it should prove very helpful. :)

Hello all RO people :) I finally got around to trying this out, but, a few problems getting started, perhaps you could help me out. I downloaded a new clean latest version zip from kspstore, downloaded required mods plus the recommended Environmental Enhancements mod, and installed them as correctly as I knew how to. Game starts, no crashes or anything, I can launch stuff, but

1) I'm not seeing any pressurized fuel tanks. Are there supposed to be new tanks? Or do I make a tank pressurized somehow?

2) KSC appears to be inconveniently located, I'm assuming this is not on purpose.

3) Installing all those mods I ended up with four ModuleManager dll files, 2.2.0, 2.2.1, 2.2.2 and 2.2.3. I removed all but the latest version, to no effect that I could see. Am I supposed to keep those files there, does it matter?

log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1SLiprJ9QXOUzRscFF1R2ROUTA/edit?usp=sharing

and a screenie of ksc

screenshot2.png

Hello all RO people :) I finally got around to trying this out, but, a few problems getting started, perhaps you could help me out. I downloaded a new clean latest version zip from kspstore, downloaded required mods plus the recommended Environmental Enhancements mod, and installed them as correctly as I knew how to. Game starts, no crashes or anything, I can launch stuff, but

1) I'm not seeing any pressurized fuel tanks. Are there supposed to be new tanks? Or do I make a tank pressurized somehow?

2) KSC appears to be inconveniently located, I'm assuming this is not on purpose.

3) Installing all those mods I ended up with four ModuleManager dll files, 2.2.0, 2.2.1, 2.2.2 and 2.2.3. I removed all but the latest version, to no effect that I could see. Am I supposed to keep those files there, does it matter?

log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1SLiprJ9QXOUzRscFF1R2ROUTA/edit?usp=sharing

1. Procedural Parts has the ability to get you ServiceModule type tanks.

2. You failed to follow directions installing RSS. You need a texture pack.

3. MMv2.2.2 is going to be what ships with RO until issues are resolved with RSS and MM and launch sites not showing up. Delete all MM.dll files except 1x v2.2.2 and put it in your main GameData folder.

roger roger, red aviator, and thank you for the very swift response.

I re-read RSS readme, installed textures and ksc is no longer at the bottom of a lovecraftian abyss. Also put the 2.2.2 dll back in.

Procedural Parts; this? I could not find mention of it in RO instructions (apart from 'compatible with'), is it required anyway?

Edited by kurja

Nathan, don't worry about delays, you're doing this on you're own time. :) same applies to RedAV8R :)

Has anyone noticed that the new MechJeb dev builds have a "Limit Angle of Attack" function? This should be really helpful with RSS use, for sure!

@frencrs: Appreciate the work, except for the resizing, latest git has the updated US config. To make it easier on all of us, if you'd like to make changes, get yourself hooked up with github do your work and send a pull request. Also, we are trying our best NOT to use the "rescaleFactor" as the rescaling mechanism anymore. Please use MODEL{}.

Hey Nate, are you or someone else planning on updating the mod bundler? I've been scratching my head over crashes and my downloads folder has become a warzone. It'd be really convenient andthe answer would help me decide if I wait for the bundler or keep raping my downloads

Edit: Also got to ask, how badly will KSO play with RO/RSS and its dependencies?

Edited by coldblade2000

Hey Nate, are you or someone else planning on updating the mod bundler? I've been scratching my head over crashes and my downloads folder has become a warzone. It'd be really convenient andthe answer would help me decide if I wait for the bundler or keep raping my downloads

Edit: Also got to ask, how badly will KSO play with RO/RSS and its dependencies?

Can't tell you about the bundler...and can't much tell you about KSO. It simply hasn't been tried yet, or at least nobody has reported back on it. In general it's not pretty to run 'stock' on RSS. Simply based on the fact that orbital velocity is 3.5-4 times what it is stock.

oh man, I am trying to follow the directions and make sure I have the most up to date versions of these mods but a couple keep updating b4 I can get threw all of this.. (then the game stops working).. Should I just drop the ones that keep updating over and over til I get this running or what?

Sorry if this has been asked before but are there any plans / interests in integrating the build times mod into RO? I just saw the mod spot on that one and would love to work with it!

No, at this time there are no plans to incorporate build times into RO.

IMO, while it does take time to build a rocket, that time would be in the order of months/years for a new design, while IRL, once a design was proven, could be built faster than it took to launch.

oh man, I am trying to follow the directions and make sure I have the most up to date versions of these mods but a couple keep updating b4 I can get threw all of this.. (then the game stops working).. Should I just drop the ones that keep updating over and over til I get this running or what?

Welcome to the world of KSP. Now, in essence it's not that hard, if something is updated, delete the mod folder, and extract the new one. "updating" can be done in 1-2min, plus download time.

The AIES C1 orbiter pod is horrible. It looks nice and low mass and compact, but it flips over and burns up on reentry.

EDIT: I just noticed that the AIES antennas power consumption is not modified to be lower like the regular remotetech antenna.

Edited by Jong

Choose a different engine?

I find myself trying to install every engine pack under the sun supported by RealEngines or RftS in order to not end up in that situation.

What engines do you have available? Are you using RealEngines or RftS?

I would also like to know what you are replicating that has a 2nd stage with a TWR of 0.12.

I guess that if you have a low thrust upper stage, you want to have a steeper ascent profile for your first stage than you normally would, because you will the extra time for your underpowered second stage to get up to orbital velocity. Just a hunch though, and not something I've tested or done math for.